• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
This was definitely my favourite episode of season 6 and maybe the best episode ever unless Darlton write something even better:D I love how there were so many connections to The Constant (my other favourite episode) and solid confirmations about the connections between the Sideways narrative and The Island.

Best moments for me:

'Not Penny's boat' - I totally screamed out loud in my apartment and scared my dog haha
'Whatever happened, happened' - Eloise
'The Island is not done with you yet' - Widmore

And of course pretty much everything Faraday said. LOSTGASM!

yeah great episode, gonna watch it again now.
so, desmond in the original timeline is aware of desmond in the sideways timeline?
if so that is why he now agrees to help widmore i suppose.
but, he left with evil sayid, he sure left passively too.
he was like "ok".
i would think smokey wants him dead.

i think a few in the sideways timeline are aware that somethings up.
both jack and sun looked at themselves funny in the mirror, kate did something similar i believe.

and eloise, again she is acting all mysterious, what is it with that woman?
how does she know these things?
but i could see her motive for wanting to keep everything in the sideways timeline, this way daniel wont die.

and charlie? what was up with him?
he seemed to know something we didnt.

BellaBellini

Official Checked Star Member
From what I've managed to notice from watching this season & checking out the blogs, all the characters in the sideways timeline have had weird moments when they look at themselves in the mirror or see their reflections. There have also been lots of hints of recognition between characters in the Sideways timeline.

I know Sun's episode wasn't that popular, but it started to show the link between the Sideways timeline and the Island timeline when she lost her ability to speak English due to the trauma she experienced.

Trauma seems to be a catalyst for connections between the timelines. Both Charlie and Faraday (Daniel) seemed much more in the loop because they are dead in the original timeline. Desmond also started 'remembering' when Charlie crashed the car & when he had his MRI.

Eloise has always been a mysterious character who has known more than the rest of the cast. Go back and rewatch Flashes before your eyes in Season 3. She has been aware of some sort of chain of events for a LONG time. She seems to have some sort of gatekeeper role, steering the game in a specific direction for whatever reason.

I have no idea how it is going to end! I wish I've had more time to rewatch and research this season because there is SO much going on. But I have a site to run and redesign so I can't really justify spending 4 hours a day on the fan forums;p I can't wait for the complete box set to come out though. I think LOST has been the best television show ever written & produced. The story has been pretty well planned out since the beginning so it works best if you can watch everything like a movie.

Only 1 more day till the next episode:D

Trans-dimensional Desmond is awesome!

I couldn't agree more with Bella, this was the first episode this season that I really liked. Along with last weeks, I'm getting more hopeful after the Ben and Richard episodes left a thoroughly bad taste in my mouth. Character drama has always been the driving force of Lost, more than the "answers".

You gotta hand it to them for even now blowing away all expectations. At the start of this season I hated the flash-sideways, but now I'm all about it. I almost couldn't care less about Jacob and Esau.

I liked everything that they did with the Desmond episode. The Post H-bomb alternate world seems to be a polar opposite world to what we have come to expect from our beloved Losties. Desmond rich and Widmore's BFF was hilarious, Charlie a reckless druggie rather than serious rocker, Sun and Jin in love with each other and apparently not keeping secrets from each other...

I won't go as far as Bella and proclaim this the greatest tv show ever. Season 1 and Season 2 are the greatest first seasons ever for a network tv show since X-Files, imo. HOWEVER, Demon and Cuse screwed the pooch with Seasons 3 and 4 and only pulled their asses out of the sling with Season 5 (even though Season 5 seems almost irrelevant now).

Demon and Cuse have had time to figure out how to end the show and we're seeing that they might actually know what the fuck they're doing.

HOWEVER, Demon and Cuse screwed the pooch with Seasons 3 and 4 and only pulled their asses out of the sling with Season 5 (even though Season 5 seems almost irrelevant now).

Demon and Cuse have had time to figure out how to end the show and we're seeing that they might actually know what the fuck they're doing.

I disagree on that one. I felt that both seasons three and four were stronger than five, which was the worst one (and season six is shaping up to match it.) but that's just my :2 cents:.

I think in the very begging JJ Abrams said, "I want to film a plane crash." Which bloomed into, "How do I do that as a TV show?" and so he pitched the basic idea of Lost which was: "A group of people crash onto a mysterious island."

When it came time to write the script and figure out season one Damon and Carlton were brainstorming ideas: "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a polar bear? Yeah! And an underground hatch that they uncover, and a monster that eats people. Oh, and what if they all had met each other before but didn't know it? Great idea!"

Then after seasons two when the show took off and became a mega success and ABC said, "You can do whatever you want to. Just keep it up." They said, "Oh shit... we're actually going to have to explain why this stuff is happening and where it came from."

That's the way it almost always goes with these things; they have a great premise that creates a really interesting situation, but when it comes time to get down to the nuts and bolts of it, it is never as entertaining and is almost certainly a disappointment. They knew that very well in the example that is epitomized in the Wizard of Oz and has been true as well to Lost.

Will always love this theme

I think in the very begging JJ Abrams said, "I want to film a plane crash." Which bloomed into, "How do I do that as a TV show?" and so he pitched the basic idea of Lost which was: "A group of people crash onto a mysterious island."

Actually JJ had the idea for the hatch as well. If you watch season 1 dvd extra features, JJ always wanted it to be more than just an island. But since the end of season 1 he hasn't had much to do with the show, that much is true. But Damon and Carlton have always said since season 3 that they've had the basic story structure for Lost planned out. Of course some changes had to be made due to actors wanting to leave (Eko) or just other unforseen things.

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
my favorite episode, and song in Lost

That's mine too! The best one. Hurley's story and the classic line "What's your problem, Jumbotron. The whole scene with drunk Sawyer with Jin and Ben Linus' deceased dad is just classic. And, oh yeah, that music makes the episode! :thumbsup:

roronoa3000

Banned
Nice episode about Hurley.
Can't believe Desmond hit a man in a wheelchair! lol
Nice Libby cleavage at the beach too.

Wow, Sayid is totally lost. He pretty much Locke's evil zombie now. I guess he is a zombie literally.
Also Locke is a bastard.

Tonight's Hurley episode was silly. That's all that really describes it, however it was not unsatisfying.

While it was nice to see Libby and Hurley on their date, they still never explained why she was in the mental institute in the first place and why they didn't seem to know that they both knew each other prior to arriving on the island. Also the whispers being the people that died on the Island was a lame and unnecessary thing that they just through out there for no real reason or context.

One thing that I am excited about is how Lost relates to theoretical physics. This is an interest of mine and especially during season four and five they have intended to incorporate and be consistent with principles of quantum mechanics.

One idea is called the Inseparability Principle which defines that any two things that come into contact with each other continue to be connected and influence each other. This idea is apparent on Lost with the general relationship to the characters, to the theory of the Constant in time-travel and to the alternate Universe X.

Perhaps the most widely accepted school of thought on quantum systems is known as the Copenhagen Interpretation, which these past few episodes seem to confirm to be Lost's viewpoint as well. A general sense of the idea is that there are many different possible universes and that they "resolve" into one concrete universe.

The theory to explain why the universes "resolve" into one probability is the result of a Hidden Variable. In the case of Lost, Desmond is the Hidden Variable.

I actually liked this episode a lot. Desmond gets thrown down the well (which I believe he knew it was going to happen) and Locke gets ran over. I'm sorry but I just laughed at that because it looked so horrible to run down a handicapped guy

While it was nice to see Libby and Hurley on their date, they still never explained why she was in the mental institute in the first place and why they didn't seem to know that they both knew each other prior to arriving on the island. Also the whispers being the people that died on the Island was a lame and unnecessary thing that they just through out there for no real reason or context.

I agree with all of this. The ~whispers~ explanation was really simplistic and may not actually fit in with what we saw in Season 1/2 about the whispers. I believe that they tee'd up the idea that the Others were able to communicate through ~whispers~.

I was actually creeped out a bit when Michael showed up.

Can we get a muthafuckin' :bowdown: for LIBBY BOOBS :bowdown::boobies: Wow what a nice rack she has! I can see why Hurley wants to hit that action! Oh, and she's very pretty too I suppose ;)

After this episode, do we all agree that EvilLocke is actually pure evil. I think his "non-answering" questions, secretive nature and the fact that he tossed Desmond into the well pretty much confirms that.

Going off what Poonster said, I interpret Desmond's actions at the end of the ep as confirmation about the inseparability concept. Dez is able to interact with both worlds at the same time.

Perhaps he is the key to whether we get a "happy ending" or not. I think Hurley will be the new Jacob...again, whatever that means:dunno:

I liked this episode. Anything with Hurley usually doesn't suck ever.

i wasnt happy, at all, that they killed off Ilana. now ive only got kate to look at. maybe if claire wasnt dirty as a goat and as crazy as blueballs, shed still be doing fine.

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
i wasnt happy, at all, that they killed off Ilana. now ive only got kate to look at. maybe if claire wasnt dirty as a goat and as crazy as blueballs, shed still be doing fine.

Ilana was hot, and I was pissed to see her go, but it's just like Ben said, the island (or writers!) was done with her.

Who is that kid who keeps showing up and did he look older in that episode when he appeared before Desmond and Locke.

Ilana was hot, and I was pissed to see her go, but it's just like Ben said, the island (or writers!) was done with her.

Who is that kid who keeps showing up and did he look older in that episode when he appeared before Desmond and Locke.

the kid also had blond hair before too

roronoa3000

Banned

The kid to me looked like a young Jacob? It was like he was taunting Locke.