• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

King of the Hill cancelled!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/01/king.hill.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "King of the Hill" is over the hill at Fox, which is canceling the long-running animated comedy.

Final episodes of the half-hour series, now in its 13th year, likely will air during the 2009-10 season, Fox said Friday. The network recently ordered 13 new episodes, and animated series have a long production schedule.

"King of the Hill" chronicles the life of blue-collar family man Hank Hill of Texas and his family and friends. Hank is voiced by series co-creator and executive producer Mike Judge. Others in the cast include Kathy Najimy, Brittany Murphy and Stephen Root.

The picture is brighter for another Sunday night animated show on Fox, "American Dad," which was renewed for its fifth season. It has posted single-digit ratings gains among advertiser-favored young adult viewers and total viewers.

Ratings for "King of the Hill" have been relatively flat early this season.

Fuck.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Fox doesn't know what they are doing.

Ratings for "King of the Hill" have been relatively flat early this season.

Could be the time slots they have been giving King of the Hill.

The same thing they did to Futurama.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Shame they cancel something like this, a show that is constantly nominated for an Emmy, and keep something like American Dad.

Oh well, coolbeers is right. It's not that great anymore. It is a good time to end it, I think. It is still the second longest running animated series ever. Way to go.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
King of the Hill is one of those shows that I kind of laugh at when I watch it...but I never really watch it. :dunno:

Just like Scrubs. It was funny...but I never really watched it.

RealMenSwallow

Closed Account
Fuck! Mike Judge is a genius, King of the Hill may not be Beavis and Butthead, but it's still great!

What a sad day in the world of propane.

It's about fucking time.That show sucks donkey balls and I really don't know how it was on for this long.It's reminiscent to that dumb ass fucking show that used to come on MTV,Daria.Another show that was pretty fucking dumb that stayed on longer than it should have.:2 cents:

It was crap anyway. Not like it's really going to be missed.

Yepp, it got too serious and when toons get like that people are like man that's depressing and keep their distance. RIP King Of The Hill maybe he should go back to Beavis and Butthead

I thought the show was brilliant. The writing was consistently sharp, witty, realistic, and introspective. The characterizations were pure gold--characters as nuanced and vibrant as those seen on King of the Hill are found few and far between on other animated or live action sitcoms. Hank, Peggy, Bill, Boomhauer, Dale, Nancy, Bobby, Kahn, Buck Strickland, Cotton--these are all believable, realistic, brilliantly constructed characters that exist in a world (an extremely realistic few of life in small town Texas, I might add) where the comedy is often found in the characters quirks and everyday, mundane living. I will be sad to see the series go--I consider it a rival to the Simpsons as the greatest animated comedy of all time.

I was never a huge fan of the show, I watched a few episodes when it was first shown but I never followed it after that. It was a decent show and I can see why some people would like it, even if I didnt. But all shows have to come to an end some time and this one has run its course, The Simpsons should follow its lead, that show hasnt been good since season 7 IMO.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
It was the time slot Fox kept putting the show in. The same thing they did to Futurama.

Fox needs to overhaul their staff and bring back King of the Hill.

Fox...:thefinger