• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I like guns. I have a bunch of them.

You like and own guns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't own or shoot guns. Never saw the fascination with them at all. Don't care about hunting, don't need one for protection, never been anywhere near the military. I'm not necessarily afraid of them, I just don't like the idea of certain people having them regardless as to whether they pass some kind of background check (particularly racists/homophobes/anyone who's not going to take it seriously as something that can kill people)

That's a strawman argument. Plenty of people have been beaten to death with blunt objects (including frozen poultry, look it up), stabbed with knives and screwdrivers, or come to harm in hundreds of ways after heated arguments. People that shoot know what kind of destructive power they have, they know the noise they are going to make doing it and are no greater threat to do harm than a person standing next to the knife block.
I think its safe to say that certain people feel a little more sure of themselves when they're packing a loaded gun rather than trying to go at someone with a screwdriver.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I've got a Remington 12 gauge, a Springfield .30-06, and a .45 Colt. I live out in the woods, though.

thumbnail.jpg

Accurate up to 2500 meters.

No we can't. The second amendment was not intended for stockpiling of arsenals. It was intended for the earliest of Americans to be able to defend against foreign enemies and defend their property. There was not mass law enforcement back then. What do you want next, suitcase nukes? Militias were organized from the citizenry and all needed their own personal weapons. The second amendment has been bastardized by the NRA and the gun lobby. How's that for a Neo-con for ya?

I have evolved considerably in the past 7 years. Foreign enemies? It was to protect us from our own tyrannical government if necessary. The left proved to be not worthy of my faith in their intentions. I have since purchased several firearms and now have a concealed carry license. Damn, I was a fucking cuck!

georges

Staff member
thumbnail.jpg

Accurate up to 2500 meters.

The action is one of the best alongwith the Mauser Gewehr/Karabine 98 and the Mosin Nagant 1897. The Springfield 1903 was also used by snipers

xfire

The action is one of the best alongwith the Mauser Gewehr/Karabine 98 and the Mosin Nagant 1897. The Springfield 1903 was also used by snipers

Indeed, the Springfield action was directly influenced by Mauser (if not an outright copy). Wood and steel, I'm not a fan of synthetic stocks.

georges

Staff member
Indeed, the Springfield action was directly influenced by Mauser (if not an outright copy). Wood and steel, I'm not a fan of synthetic stocks.

If you live in Alaska or in a rainy state then a synthetic stock (a mac millan one) with a douglass stainless steel barrel and a winchester pre 64 model 70 action is the ideal rifle to have, Montana Rifle company makes such rifles http://montanarifleco.com/

If it was a war situation give me the Mosin Nagant M44 any day over the Springfield 1903, Hands down. And with open sights any rookie Army Private would blow that Springfield out of your hands. The 7.62x54R is a waaaaay better round the 30.06 IMO. And with good optics, I'd still fear the Nagant more than the Springfield. But that's just preference I guess. In close quarter combat I would tear you to shreds with the M44.

georges

Staff member
If it was a war situation give me the Mosin Nagant M44 any day over the Springfield 1903, Hands down. And with open sights any rookie Army Private would blow that Springfield out of your hands. The 7.62x54R is a waaaaay better round the 30.06 IMO. And with good optics, I'd still fear the Nagant more than the Springfield. But that's just preference I guess. In close quarter combat I would tear you to shreds with the M44.

I disagree
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.30-06_Springfield 220grains Velocity 2,500 ft/s (760 m/s) Energy 2,981 ft⋅lbf (4,042 J)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62×54mmR 11.7 g (181 gr) SP Velocity 805 m/s (2,640 ft/s) Energy 3,779 J (2,787 ft⋅lbf)
The 30-06 is available in highly accurate ammo not the case of the 7.62*54r and also there are 30-06 wildcat cartridges
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.30-06_Springfield_wildcat_cartridges

I disagree
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.30-06_Springfield 220grains Velocity 2,500 ft/s (760 m/s) Energy 2,981 ft⋅lbf (4,042 J)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62×54mmR 11.7 g (181 gr) SP Velocity 805 m/s (2,640 ft/s) Energy 3,779 J (2,787 ft⋅lbf)
The 30-06 is available in highly accurate ammo not the case of the 7.62*54r and also there are 30-06 wildcat cartridges
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.30-06_Springfield_wildcat_cartridges
Very similar in comparison. You get the good with the bad. Typically, over the counter 30.06 ammo is 180 grain ammo-not 220 like maybe old military issue but your still gonna be picking up your arm off the floor if hit by either one. But Still, I'll take the M44. Just shorter, not a broomstick like the Springfield. In a Hunting application I'd most likely grab to 30.06. Depends on the situations ;)

xfire

I've got both, both are fine firearms, the differences between the 7.62x54R and the 7.62x63 are negligible, I wouldn't want to be shot by either.

I've got both, both are fine firearms, the differences between the 7.62x54R and the 7.62x63 are negligible, I wouldn't want to be shot by either.
I own both as well and M44 and 30.06(Savage) both kick like a mule LOL. Down range from either and your dead, period. Here is a pic of my M44. And just for fun here is my Russian SKS before and after Mods. I should have kept the SKS original but I like the extra ammo capacity ;)

MVC-008_S.jpg

Russian_SKS.jpg

Russian_SKS1.jpg

georges

Staff member
I own both as well and M44 and 30.06(Savage) both kick like a mule LOL. Down range from either and your dead, period. Here is a pic of my M44. And just for fun here is my Russian SKS before and after Mods. I should have kept the SKS original but I like the extra ammo capacity ;)

MVC-008_S.jpg

Russian_SKS.jpg

Russian_SKS1.jpg

Great guns. A M1 Garand is also a nice piece to own.

Great guns. A M1 Garand is also a nice piece to own.
Awe man, The M1 Garand is an amazing tool. Few weeks ago I was pricing them just out of curiosity and OMG!!! Expensive but worth every penny I'm sure. Not sure what site I was on but the cheapest one I seen was around $1300. Last gun gun you will ever need to own tho considering quality and reliability. ;)

georges

Staff member
Awe man, The M1 Garand is an amazing tool. Few weeks ago I was pricing them just out of curiosity and OMG!!! Expensive but worth every penny I'm sure. Not sure what site I was on but the cheapest one I seen was around $1300. Last gun gun you will ever need to own tho considering quality and reliability. ;)

Personnally, I would rather go for a Springfield M1A Super Match
https://www.springfield-armory.com/products/m1a-super-match/

or a Fulton Armory M14
http://www.fulton-armory.com/fultonarmoryusriflecal762mmm14-1-1-1.aspx

xfire

I'd love to discuss the topic more but maybe talk about it in the gun thread in politics? Not a shoe thread, unless you made a pair of moccasins out of the dog hide??

I already know who probably owns the dog, it's between two different addresses, and guess how both of those, "good Christian, law abiding conservative", motherfuckers vote? They are clearly in violation of the city ordinance against unsupervised dogs. and they are legally liable for any damages I would choose to sue them for in regards to livestock losses I've suffered because of their negligence. But yes, tell me how they would be justified and vindicated if they come looking for their fucking dead ass dog and sought revenge on me for defending my property.

I already know who probably owns the dog, it's between two different addresses, and guess how both of those, "good Christian, law abiding conservative", motherfuckers vote? They are clearly in violation of the city ordinance against unsupervised dogs. and they are legally liable for any damages I would choose to sue them for in regards to livestock losses I've suffered because of their negligence. But yes, tell me how they would be justified and vindicated if they come looking for their fucking dead ass dog and sought revenge on me for defending my property.
Dude, I really not sure where to go with this considering the dog posted no immediate threat to you, your land or livestock. Laws vary in states but pretty much, trespassing laws are basically the same. That don't give you the right to blow some dog away. Trespassing or not, your lucky the owner wasn't out on a nature hike with the dog. I always carry in the wilderness and I would have shot back in the split second my dog was blown to bits. Woulda been war. Again, is that worth putting your life at risk over stupidity. Lord knows how I will die but it won't be for something dumb like that, god willing.

xfire

Dude, I really not sure where to go with this considering the dog posted no immediate threat to you, your land or livestock. Laws vary in states but pretty much, trespassing laws are basically the same. That don't give you the right to blow some dog away. Trespassing or not, your lucky the owner wasn't out on a nature hike with the dog. I always carry in the wilderness and I would have shot back in the split second my dog was blown to bits. Woulda been war. Again, is that worth putting your life at risk over stupidity. Lord knows how I will die but it won't be for something dumb like that, god willing.

I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate your sentiment. I assure you, I didn't just off-the-cuff decide I was going to shoot this particular dog. I've been observing this dog for at least a month, I knew it's patterns, I knew it wasn't being supervised, and I knew that it came on my property looking for more chickens to kill. I suppose I could inform the suspected owners not to be looking for the dog they allow to run loose to be coming home anymore, but that's really not my responsibility. I informed law enforcement that I had shot the dog, they asked if it was on my property when I shot it, and I confirmed that it was. As far as they're concerned it's a closed matter, but in the unfortunate case that I come up dead or missing, they have the names of the potential owners, and video evidence of the dog on my property. What, you didn't think I don't have security cameras, I hope.

Hey! There’s a dog running loose on my land! I think I’ll kill it! Dogs are wonderful creatures even the strays. Cotdamnit.