• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How patriotic are you?

...yeah that's true to the extent that someone in one country will have more access to opportunities than somebody in another country but their ability isn't determined by whether they are Chinese or Spanish.

You honestly think Chinese citizens have just as much opportunity as Spanish citizens? The Chinese one-child policy alone speaks in direct opposition to that sentiment. And in a culture as subversive to female interests as China, ask a female Chinese national if she feels like she has just as much opportunity as a Spanish woman for employment, reproduction, education, political involvement, etc...

Without opportunity, ability is meaningless. The opportunity is either bestowed or restricted by, in many cases, the country in which one lives. And contained within that, is something to be very proud of, IMO.

a vagina?

It still doesn't make sense. There is no such thing as scottish achievement or italian achievement. Only human achievement.

I'm not talking about achievement though. I'm talking about being proud of the country that you come from.

Everyone sees achievement as someone from a country. Engineers for example. Many people say for example. Scottish engineers like John Logie Baird, who invented the television or James Watt, who invented the steam train. Yes that is human achievement but they still came from Scotland.

However the thread is not about that. It is about how one can be proud to be Scottish, American etc, not the achievement of said country.

Microwave Ovens,
Refrigerators,
Penacillin,
the first working tv,
the telephone,
marmalade jam,
a cure for scurvy (which isn't much use unless you are Jack Sparrow),
the radar,
insulin,
the bicycle,
the basis for tarmac (John Loudon Macadam),
wire rope,
the steam hammer,
the US Navy,
roller printing,
the ATM machine,
the first postcards printed,
golf,
the piano footpedal,
the Ferguson rifle,
waterproof macintosh jacket,
the flush toilet,
the kaleidoscope,
electric clocks,
the ghillie suit (that snipers wear).

And many many more things have come from Scotland and the Scottish who live abroad or down south.

Nationalism is a delusion. It is completely illogical to be 'proud of one's country'.

It is reasonable however, to be grateful for where you live and proud of the achievements of the people who live there or were born there when they do good things. Their nationality has nothing to do with those achievements though.

Yes nationalism is foolish when it comes to a patch of land and a flag.

Real nationalism is being proud of your culture and heritage, cherishing where you came from, and honoring your ancestors.

The type of false patriotism that is so common in Fox news watching douchebags is an extreme sickness.

An American patriot in this day and age should be up in arms against the US government, instead these patriotard sheep belive that their government can do no wrong even if it means murdering millions of innocents all over the world.

Whats even worse is that most of these patriotards are also brainwashed by religion and feel that God is on their side. They truly have a perverted and false view of religion and patriotism

Yes nationalism is foolish when it comes to a patch of land and a flag.

Real nationalism is being proud of your culture and heritage, cherishing where you came from, and honoring your ancestors.

The type of false patriotism that is so common in Fox news watching douchebags is an extreme sickness.

An American patriot in this day and age should be up in arms against the US government, instead these patriotard sheep belive that their government can do no wrong even if it means murdering millions of innocents all over the world.

Whats even worse is that most of these patriotards are also brainwashed by religion and feel that God is on their side. They truly have a perverted and false view of religion and patriotism

So, its OK to be a patriot, just as long as you aren't a Republican and don't have religion.

Got it. :rolleyes:

emceeemcee

Banned
You honestly think Chinese citizens have just as much opportunity as Spanish citizens? The Chinese one-child policy alone speaks in direct opposition to that sentiment. And in a culture as subversive to female interests as China, ask a female Chinese national if she feels like she has just as much opportunity as a Spanish woman for employment, reproduction, education, political involvement, etc...

Without opportunity, ability is meaningless. The opportunity is either bestowed or restricted by, in many cases, the country in which one lives. And contained within that, is something to be very proud of, IMO.

who creates the opportunities?

the people do. So why salute a flag?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I still get up for the National Anthem, I still believe in America. Times might be stimed by a bad economy and what have you. But things will come back to normal or better I got to stay positive about that things will get better.

emceeemcee

Banned
You are glad to come from your respective country, you can proudly state that you are from there. Love for your country and people

Gratitude yes, pride no.

When you have pride you are saying there is something special about the people there which can't be found anywhere else. It's a delusion.

How can someone be proud of trees and coastlines?

It may be luck but you can still be proud of living there.
You can enjoy your countries History, culture and national identity.
Beautiful landscapes or friendly people.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Patriotic enough to exercise my right to freedom by not giving a shit.