• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How patriotic are you?

How proud are you to come from your respective country?
Do you know all the words to your national anthem?

I am very proud to come from this beautiful country. and i love everything Scottish. The few Scottish celebrities we have here are also very proud, i.e Rod Stewart and Ewan Mcgregor,Billy Connolly or James Mcavoy

This sums up Scottish pride. It doesn't matter who you support, whether it be Celtic or Rangers, Hearts or hibs, when it is international qualifiers, all of Scotland comes together
patriotic. It doesn't matter how shite Scotland are at football, we will always be there.

This was a couple of years ago. The dutch fans stayed at the stadium to applaud the Scotland fans for their passion.

Scotland is a shithole in most places, but it is my shithole

"O ye'll tak' the high road and I'll tak the low road,
An' I'll be in Scotland afore ye;
But me and me true love will never meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomon'."

How proud are you to come from your country?

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
Not as patriotic as I used to be thanks to the EU! I'm German! Not European! :mad:

And we have to many...well...foreigners here. They ruin us.

Germany gets crappier and crappier, but yeah I'm still proud to be from zis country. :D

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Not as patriotic as I used to be thanks to the EU! I'm German! Not European! :mad:

Germany gets crappier and crappier, but yeah I'm still proud to be from zis country. :D

Maley!!!

Just try to imagine ur team if we did not have all of these gyus in our 'Nationalmannschaft'

Do check the team and take out the 'non-germans'.

We would not stand a chance in ANY contest, I guess :2 cents:

emceeemcee

Banned
Nationalism is a delusion. It is completely illogical to be 'proud of one's country'.

It is reasonable however, to be grateful for where you live and proud of the achievements of the people who live there or were born there when they do good things. Their nationality has nothing to do with those achievements though.

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
Maley!!!

Just try to imagine ur team if we did not have all of these gyus in our 'Nationalmannschaft'

Do check the team and take out the 'non-germans'.

We would not stand a chance in ANY contest, I guess :2 cents:

Yeah, but they learned how to play the game in Germany! Not in Turkey or whatsoever!

And we don't have any colonies like France or England or so where to get players from. ;)

Nationalism is a delusion. It is completely illogical to be 'proud of one's country'.

It is reasonable however, to be grateful for where you live and proud of the achievements of the people who live there or were born there when they do good things. Their nationality has nothing to do with those achievements though.

What it means is you are proud of where you come from and proud of your heritage.

You therefore can be proud of your country.

Truth.

false

What about the concept that one can be proud of their country for facilitating an arena for its citizens in which they may realize those achievements? The things one may be able to achieve in their own country may not be so in another. Therefore, their nationality does indeed have nearly everything to do with those achievements by way of a national allowance and approval of achievement avenues.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

Same with Sweden.

I love how its acceptable for people from any country other than the US to give their honest appraisal that there are too many foreigners in their country, and I'm being completely sincere when I say that I'm envious of Europeans' ability to give honest opinions about immigration and national pride without being derided as racist or xenophobic.

I have never seen a European get berated even 1/8 as badly as an American would for saying something like that. Apparently its OK to be patriotic and have a distaste for foreigners, just as long as your DON'T live in America.

This country... *sigh.*

They get away with it because they specifically use the word "foreigners" which means everyone else in the world.

In Amercia, we say "Mexicans."

:cool:

They get away with it because they specifically use the word "foreigners" which means everyone else in the world.

In Amercia, we say "Mexicans."

:cool:

Too true. Specificity does make it a little less palatable, I suppose. Fuckin' Mexicans :1orglaugh

In our defense, when we say "Mexicans," we really are referring to Mexicans, Hondurans, Cubans, Dominicans, Venezuelans, Brazilians, Haitians, Puerto Ricans, El Salvadorians, Guatemalans, etc... So in effect, we really mean "foreigners from the south," but in an effort to be more efficient we just classify them all as Mexicans. Who's got the time, really, to discern one from another? :D

"I not a Mexican!"

emceeemcee

Banned
What about the concept that one can be proud of their country for facilitating an arena for its citizens in which they may realize those achievements?

proud of the country or proud of the achievements of the people in the country? one makes sense and the other one doesn't

The things one may be able to achieve in their own country may not be so in another. Therefore, their nationality does indeed have nearly everything to do with those achievements by way of a national allowance and approval of achievement avenues.

yeah that's true to the extent that someone in one country will have more access to opportunities than somebody in another country but their ability isn't determined by whether they are Chinese or Spanish.

Mayhem

Banned
As far as I'm concerned, America is the only country where there's no such thing as foreigners. And as long as a certain statue of a certain lady remains standing in a certain harbor (and we keep spending big bucks to refurbish her, as we should), I'm going to keep feeling that way.

And get it right.
America - Foreigner = Mexicans
Germany - Foreigner = Turks

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I'm from Michigan. My country has forgotten me.:crying: