• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

I watched this one a couple of nights ago on DVD.

This is a trailer for the Blu Ray version going by the quality of the picture.

It's one of THE BEST zombie movies ever made. The atmosphere to it is perfection so it is. The first five minutes or so is set in Manchester I think. Then after that the rest of the movie is set in the countryside miles from any nearest town or city. Just a village with a small policestation and a local hospital/morgue. Oh and about 8 or so zombies in total throughout the movie. Just goes to show that you don't need a crowd of zombies to make a kick ass movie.

One of my all time favourite zombie movies this is. I think it has a lot to do with the setting (the lake district in England) nice and serene with only a few zombies to cuddle up to at night and miles from any major civilization areas. It said it was set in the lake district but people say it's actually filmed in the peak district and just acts as the lake district. They must be similar in scenery to be able to get the peak district to double as the lake district.

My score for this movie.... 32,475/10.

The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.

oh... i didnt mean anything by my post, i was just saying that ive seen the film advertised with both titles

sorry for the miscommunication :uohs:

There's no harm done pal. It wasn't taken as an offensive post or anything. It's all good.

break-off.jpg

LoL, that's awesome! I remember once there was a poll on IMDb that read "In a battle between popular vampires who would win in an all out brawl"

A: The vampires from Twilight
B: The vampires from Vampire Diaries
C: Eric Northman would destroy both groups single handedly

C had like 90% of the votes lol...Good ol' Eric Northman (the fact that friends of mine call me Northman as a nickname sometimes aside :) )

Btw, for the record, Twilight has no vampires in it.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I watched this one a couple of nights ago on DVD.
It's one of THE BEST zombie movies ever made. The atmosphere to it is perfection so it is. The first five minutes or so is set in Manchester I think. Then after that the rest of the movie is set in the countryside miles from any nearest town or city. Just a village with a small policestation and a local hospital/morgue. Oh and about 8 or so zombies in total throughout the movie. Just goes to show that you don't need a crowd of zombies to make a kick ass movie.

One of my all time favourite zombie movies this is. I think it has a lot to do with the setting (the lake district in England) nice and serene with only a few zombies to cuddle up to at night and miles from any major civilization areas. It said it was set in the lake district but people say it's actually filmed in the peak district and just acts as the lake district. They must be similar in scenery to be able to get the peak district to double as the lake district.

My score for this movie.... 32,475/10.

The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.

wow, that does look good. :thumbsup: i just bought it on ebay for a decent price

im fairly impressed with the makeup effects as well. the movie was released in 1974, and is superb compared to all of the other films at the time.

even in the 78 dawn of the dead (which i love), the blood was almost neon and the zombies were pretty much blue :(

LoL, that's awesome! I remember once there was a poll on IMDb that read "In a battle between popular vampires who would win in an all out brawl"

A: The vampires from Twilight
B: The vampires from Vampire Diaries
C: Eric Northman would destroy both groups single handedly

C had like 90% of the votes lol...Good ol' Eric Northman (the fact that friends of mine call me Northman as a nickname sometimes aside :) )

Btw, for the record, Twilight has no vampires in it.

"twilight has no vampires" :1orglaugh

i will admit i have never seen true blood just because i was twilight soured my tastes on vampires. i know people that LOVE the show though.

if you say its good, ill give it a watch

Looks awfully similar to the first zombie encountered in the original Resident Evil.

i am not surprised you would think that :)

When I heard that Elijah Wood is going to play Frank Zito the killer in the remake of Maniac, I nearly threw my computer at the wall. Come on! However that hobbit played a cool serial killer in Sin City though, hmm I will watch on demand when it fails at the box office.

if i havent already posted my disgust for both the remake, and the casting of frodo, i honestly dont mind doing so again. is a travesty.

the original had my favorite kill in any horror film. i got to talk to savini about it, and he told me all of the crazy stuff they used to put inside of the head. lasagna noodles, half eaten lunch, raw meat...

2k? Good lord! Hell, the one on my arm was only $200. Yours isn't all that much bigger, though it does have a lot of detail and shading. I'm guessing that the shading and color to finish my arm tat will be maybe another $200, give or take a little. Nowhere near 2k though!

I got lucky with my back tats, those were all free. My uncle is a home tattoo artist (he did the butterflies), and my old roommate's dad did the one down my spine and the lower back tat. I wanted my uncle to do my arm, but he was never available, so I said fuck it and used my Penthouse money to get it done at a shop. I had been waiting two years to get that tat done, I was sick of waiting!

free?! wow. you lucked out. all of the people i know that get free tattoos dont usually get good ones, and nowhere as good as yours. especially the girl that got a very "sketchy" sonic the hedgehog on her shoulder :facepalm:

the color stayed wonderfully on your skin by the way

i can easily understand your impatience. once you know what you want on you, it cant get done fast enough. at least for me. arent tattoos addicting?

to justify the cost a bit, aside from finishing the one i posted theres going to be huginn and muninn (odins ravens) on each shoulder with one of the wings going along my traps and the other down my back. theyll almost frame the dore tattoo. and along the bottom will be various runes. since he couldnt scan the picture, he had to draw it freehand from the one i provided, which took quite a while... i felt bad

wow, that does look good. :thumbsup: i just bought it on ebay for a decent price

im fairly impressed with the makeup effects as well. the movie was released in 1974, and is superb compared to all of the other films at the time.

even in the 78 dawn of the dead (which i love), the blood was almost neon and the zombies were pretty much blue :(

I think that as well about the movie. It's better than most horror movies that came out around the same time and a few years after it. Dawn is a great movie so it is. A timeless classic if ever there was one. But this The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue kicks it's ass in terms of pure issolation and dread. The music at times is well suited to what goes on. No goofy tunes like the Mall theme in Dawn. It's all 100% serious in this movie. How this movie is overlooked or not even known should be a crime in it's self. The way Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue) is shot in terms of scenery and tension is worthy of the same level of worship Dawn of the Dead gets so it is. But it's not got that. It's more of a cult classic this one. Maybe that's why I appreciate the movie more I don't really know.

Watch it at night, with the lights out. You'll enjoy it to the fullest if you do. And make sure if you live with anyone else to put a notice on the door of the room your in "WARNING - do not enter or disturb upon pain or death." then sit back and enjoy The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue (aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie).

Still overrated...

:1orglaugh

I think that as well about the movie. It's better than most horror movies that came out around the same time and a few years after it. Dawn is a great movie so it is. A timeless classic if ever there was one. But this The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue kicks it's ass in terms of pure issolation and dread. The music at times is well suited to what goes on. No goofy tunes like the Mall theme in Dawn. It's all 100% serious in this movie. How this movie is overlooked or not even known should be a crime in it's self. The way Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue) is shot in terms of scenery and tension is worthy of the same level of worship Dawn of the Dead gets so it is. But it's not got that. It's more of a cult classic this one. Maybe that's why I appreciate the movie more I don't really know.

honestly, i dont think i ever even heard of this film until your post. thats crazy.

Watch it at night, with the lights out. You'll enjoy it to the fullest if you do. And make sure if you live with anyone else to put a notice on the door of the room your in "WARNING - do not enter or disturb upon pain or death." then sit back and enjoy The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue (aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie).

is there any other way to enjoy a horror film :dunno: :1orglaugh

:1orglaugh

Yeah, I know.

Zombie Flesh Eaters is not overrated. If any zombie movie is overrated it's Dawn of the Dead. Yeah it's a great movie but the hype far surpasses the contents quality. And this is coming from a Romero fan so it's not like it's coming from someone who hates the guy.

honestly, i dont think i ever even heard of this film until your post. thats crazy.

is there any other way to enjoy a horror film :dunno: :1orglaugh

Well, I guess that this thread is here for such things. To introduce others to movies they might not have taken a look at if they didn't read this thread. That and to chat with others about horror movies of course. See the settings, due to it being set in the countryside, you see them going places where there's not a soul around or very few people. And with this emptiness comes an eerie sort of atmosphere. Like the graveyard scenes in the movie for instance. They are alone... with the wind blowing in the trees and it's all quiet (besides the wind howling). As a zombie fan I could cream in my pants at such atmosphere. I don't mean to be cliche here but... they sure don't make them like they used to.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
The Nerd is strong in this one :tongue:

"twilight has no vampires" :1orglaugh

i will admit i have never seen true blood just because i was twilight soured my tastes on vampires. i know people that LOVE the show though.

if you say its good, ill give it a watch

I absolutely love it (and I am a big fan of vampires). It's nothing like Twilight or I assume Vampire Diaries (which I have never watched). Season 2 is the only one that kind of brings down the show in it's 4 seasons so far. The last episode of season 4 was amazing. I always wait 'til a season is over and then watch them all in a row.

If you get a chance, google Stephen King talking about Stephanie Myer. There is an interview in which he is pretty insulting to her horrible writing. It's pretty cool to see a real writer vent his thoughts on her (and they aren't good)!

I absolutely love it (and I am a big fan of vampires). It's nothing like Twilight or I assume Vampire Diaries (which I have never watched). Season 2 is the only one that kind of brings down the show in it's 4 seasons so far. The last episode of season 4 was amazing. I always wait 'til a season is over and then watch them all in a row.

If you get a chance, google Stephen King talking about Stephanie Myer. There is an interview in which he is pretty insulting to her horrible writing. It's pretty cool to see a real writer vent his thoughts on her (and they aren't good)!

wow, i really have to look up that interview. i am sure id enjoy it.

again, im not familiar with true blood, but at one of the conventions i went to, they had a bunch of people from the show. there was a blond and i saw her in yoga pants jogging... she was REALLY HOT.

The Nerd is strong in this one :tongue:

clint-nod.gif

need more like you

Never mess with the Nerds.

Anyone ever seen Revenge of the Nerds. Nuff said!.

agreed.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Is it in this interview he compares Twilight and Harry Potter? In one interview he said something like "Harry Potter is about overcoming adversity and doing the right thing, Twilight is about the importance of having a boyfriend".

Is it in this interview he compares Twilight and Harry Potter? In one interview he said something like "Harry Potter is about overcoming adversity and doing the right thing, Twilight is about the importance of having a boyfriend".

I can't remember that exact quote, but I do remember he compares the writers of those two series and says at least the author of Harry Potter could write and entertaining story (or something like that). So most likely that's the same interview.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Hatchet 3 has been green lighted and probably another Laid to Rest. A cool idea for a horror movie would be from the guys who did Hobo With a Shotgun and have it focus on the Plauge, anyone remember the hospital scene with the harpoon/grapple/noose gun?

Hatchet 3 has been green lighted and probably another Laid to Rest. A cool idea for a horror movie would be from the guys who did Hobo With a Shotgun and have it focus on the Plauge, anyone remember the hospital scene with the harpoon/grapple/noose gun?

:1orglaugh yeah, i finally saw hobo with a shotgun last december. it was like a troma film on meth

is danielle harris confirmed for hatchet 3 *fingers crossed*