• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Chicago, Obama's town under heavy fire. 63 shot, 10 dead in Chicago since Friday

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Yelling at and trying to force accountability on inanimate objects has not and will not solve this problem. It's easier to hold guns responsible for deaths instead of potential voters. Until the human element and the desire to kill is dealt with you won't see any significant progress. Why did black people kill each other last weekend, this weekend, next weekend, and every weekend following that? They are no threat to me and not my problem to solve.
You are correct, it is a user issue. As you know, the inanimate object makes it easier to kill fellow humans.

You say, it's more difficult to hold potential voters responsible. I would say it is easier than holding potential donors responsible. You would hate to offend the NRA, right?

Donors or voters? You decide.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
You make a good point, Gmase, but it seems the people who used the guns probably didn't purchase them legally in the first place and their intention is to use the gun in an act of murder, which is a serious felony. I don't think an extra law or charge will matter.

As i said in another post, Chicago gangs are the modern day "Gang that couldn't Shoot Straight" Maybe they need NRA Training?

Totally 1000% agree. I also wish they would hit their target with more efficiency and lethality. That would bring more dead gang members with less chance of grandma or an innocent kid catching one.

This fella right here could teach those boys how to shoot straight. I bet he hates gang members more than we do.

colion-Noir-Feature-Image-704x400.jpg

noir.jpg

gmase

Numbers as of April 14. How do you tame this level of savagery?

In Chicago, 864 people have been shot this year. That is 218 more than 2020
https://www.chicagotribune.com/data/ct-shooting-victims-map-charts-htmlstory.html
Pardon my moving this to a more relevant thread. "Mass Shootings" and "gang violence" are two separate issues.

You tame it by being elsewhere.

This is interesting: https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...021-128-reported-in-all-of-last-year/2484168/

gmase

14 dead with 82 shot 4th of July weekend with how many signs being waved or shirts being sold? Who the fuck cares, right? Guess there's no White man or police officer to blame or chisel off of.
My strategy of being elsewhere is paying off.

I found Chicago’s mayor’s excuse eerily similar to Atlanta’s mayor’s:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/23/biden-crime-focus-big-cities-495609

https://thehill.com/opinion/crimina...al-media-cover-the-story-americans-care-about

Not to pick on Atlanta, but here's its mayor discussing why murders are up 58% in her city
"Remember in Georgia we were opened up before the rest of the country, even before the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) said that it was safe for us to open, so our night clubs and our bars remained open, so we had people traveling here from across the country to party in our city.”

It is always someone else’s fault. That strategy usually doesn’t work well.

My strategy of being elsewhere is paying off.

I found Chicago’s mayor’s excuse eerily similar to Atlanta’s mayor’s:

It is always someone else’s fault. That strategy usually doesn’t work well.

Clint Eastwood wagged his finger at a chair. Leaders todays also wag their finger at something that doesn't holler back at them or vote.

Their Sheriff is a raccoon-eyed hobo.
lightfoot-cowboy-hat.jpg

Lori Lightfoot doesn't have the ability to be a politician. or the temperament. She is a one termer and there is no one who can cure this problem within the law. Or perhaps, outside of it.

I agree. I have no idea how to end it. The cops have been neutered 360 degrees and will become more and more hesitant to involve themselves in crime fighting. Less and less homicides will be solved. More murderers will continue to roam the streets. How many more of Lori Lightfoot's people will pile up in the morgue under her watch while she still claims to care about them?

gmase

I agree. I have no idea how to end it. The cops have been neutered 360 degrees and will become more and more hesitant to involve themselves in crime fighting. Less and less homicides will be solved. More murderers will continue to roam the streets. How many more of Lori Lightfoot's people will pile up in the morgue under her watch while she still claims to care about them?
Maybe it is a Kobayashi Maru. I have no idea either. In another thread, a poster wants to disarm law enforcement. That will never work. Giving them more arms and funding doesn't work too well either.

When both cannot be right, what gives? I'm with you Dino - I got nothing.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Much like every other city in the world, they don't have a gun problem....they have a criminal problem.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
The only thing wide spread gun availability does is make committing crimes easier. At least swords and knives need to be closer to use and the chance of "collateral" damage is reduced.

Mr. Daystar

The only thing wide spread gun availability does is make committing crimes easier. At least swords and knives need to be closer to use and the chance of "collateral" damage is reduced.
But that availability is a criminal problem. Criminals dont go into a gun shop and show a drivers license and fill out an ATF form. If the courts would bring down the hammer on these violent criminals, and those that have guns, when they aren't supposed to, instead of making deals with prosecutors, and getting early release, it might start to thin out the problem. Maybe some harsher, alternative punishments need to be instituted. Prison isn't the only way to keep someone from pulling a trigger.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
But that availability is a criminal problem. Criminals dont go into a gun shop and show a drivers license and fill out an ATF form. If the courts would bring down the hammer on these violent criminals, and those that have guns, when they aren't supposed to, instead of making deals with prosecutors, and getting early release, it might start to thin out the problem. Maybe some harsher, alternative punishments need to be instituted. Prison isn't the only way to keep someone from pulling a trigger.
I agree but the immense numbers of guns around makes the punishment of gun criminals a big Wack-A_Mole. Controlling the numbers and availability is just a stop gap. Changing the culture is the real answer and yes, I also have no idea how to do it either.

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

I doubt you could change the gun culture, and honestly, I think more law abiding people are immersed in it, then criminals. Criminals don't use AR's, and AK's...they use handguns, maybe a shotgun. I know of at least 3 people that have bought their first AR15's just recently. Their purpose and reasoning......to send a message to the powers that be. I don't know if you've ever let loose on a 30 round mag., but it is one of the most outrageously fun, and therapeutic things you can do (obviously in a safe controlled setting) .I think most people concerned with crime, buy handguns, or a shotgun for home, or personal defense. The problem is, they don't buy a little safe box, and when they go out, house gets rob, gun in nightstand....bye, bye lawful owner, hello scumbag criminal.

In case you missed it, my alternative punishment involves the removal of limbs and or appendages, do a gun can't be held or fired. We have no qualms over castrating sex offenders, why not cut off a trigger finger or two? The more crimes they commit the more they lose. ..

gmase

The Genie is out of the proverbial bottle - she ain't going back in. As EDB states, we have a culture that is not going to change.

In case you missed it, my alternative punishment involves the removal of limbs and or appendages, do a gun can't be held or fired. We have no qualms over castrating sex offenders, why not cut off a trigger finger or two? The more crimes they commit the more they lose. ..
With all due respect, this sounds like something the Taliban would do (well, have done).