• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Chicago, Obama's town under heavy fire. 63 shot, 10 dead in Chicago since Friday

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
The Genie is out of the proverbial bottle - she ain't going back in. As EDB states, we have a culture that is not going to change.

With all due respect, this sounds like something the Taliban would do (well, have done).
Yeah, sort of....except in the form of punishment, it would be done in an medically safe, and surgically approved way. All medical safety measures would be taken, to avoid infection, or accidents.

It's brutal, it's cruel, I have no argument for that. So is shooting children in a drive by.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Yeah, sort of....except in the form of punishment, it would be done in an medically safe, and surgically approved way. All medical safety measures would be taken, to avoid infection, or accidents.

It's brutal, it's cruel, I have no argument for that. So is shooting children in a drive by.
Clean, sterile hatchet, One stroke and cauterized the stump. Like the Muslims once did(and maybe still do) to thieves. Sharia Law here we come.

Mr. Daystar

Clean, sterile hatchet, One stroke and cauterized the stump. Like the Muslims once did(and maybe still do) to thieves. Sharia Law here we come.
I was thinking it would start with the trigger finger(s), and escalate in severity from there. I personally do agree with capital punishment, but I think it needs to be seriously revamped. There are people on death row, that don't belong there....some because they're innocent, and many because of bullshit loopholes. Starting from date xx/xx/xxxx, when there is irrefutable video, and dna evidence, that proves ABSOLUTLY that a man is guilty, he gets his ONE auto appeal, and if it fails, execute him. No more 10, some as long as 20 years on death row. Those that have questionable circumstances, address the questions, or commute to life with no parole, and put them to work. There are far to many excuses being made, far to often, for people that should be paying the price of disrespecting the laws, and the people that obey them. Anyone willing to violate the rights of another, or disregards the Constitutional rights, and or civil rights of another citizen, does not deserve to have theirs honored, or worried about. Anyone that screams about respect, should take a long hard look at the level to which they disrespect.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
I am not in favor of Capital punishment as it is done now. Not that there are not some miserable pieces of shit that do not deserve to die. It's just that as you say I have seen too many folks railroaded by Police, Prosecutors, shit even Judges whose only concern is looking hard on crime or their political careers. It's bad enough to have some poor bastard locked up for 20 years falsely but when you kill him, that's unforgivable.

Mr. Daystar

I agree, it needs some serious work.

Mr. Daystar

Agreed. It is good to hear this. He fared better than the Colorado guy who shot the murderer and then was subsequently killed by a LEO.
Yeah I heard about that. Damn shame....for the good guy, and the cop that shot him. I'm sure the officer feels pretty crappy about it.

Mr. Daystar

Well now, isn't this just fucking special!? This fucking piece of trash has a long record of violence, and weapons charges, shoots at federal agents, and wounds them, and all he faces, is UP TO, 20 years. This is a perfect example of how they can start to fix things. If he wants out in 20 years, he has to have his index, and middle finger removed, from both hands, otherwise he can stay in the joint for life, so he NEVER breaks the law on the outside again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-man-allegedly-mistakes-3-000907259.html

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
This may be a bit simple but "where's there's a will there's a way." I feel the way(the gun) is focused on too much. I admit it would be great to wave a magic wand to make all those illegally obtained firearms go away. What has been the result on that front so far? People still have the will to kill each other which does include the way. If you could chip away at the will the way could take care of itself. I'm a White guy sitting in a safe, affluent neighborhood so I can't tell you what step two looks like. I will say something additional; you can't fix a problem until you admit you have one. Some of the problems of the inner city are the youth and the literal sons of the inner city. I'll throw a criminal in jail and not think twice. I'm not sure how eager these people are to cooperate in the arrest and incarceration of their own children.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
This may be a bit simple but "where's there's a will there's a way." I feel the way(the gun) is focused on too much. I admit it would be great to wave a magic wand to make all those illegally obtained firearms go away. What has been the result on that front so far? People still have the will to kill each other which does include the way. If you could chip away at the will the way could take care of itself. I'm a White guy sitting in a safe, affluent neighborhood so I can't tell you what step two looks like. I will say something additional; you can't fix a problem until you admit you have one. Some of the problems of the inner city are the youth and the literal sons of the inner city. I'll throw a criminal in jail and not think twice. I'm not sure how eager these people are to cooperate in the arrest and incarceration of their own children.
You make too much sense here.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Is this the same Strike Force The Donald wanted to send but Lori didn't want it?

I don't doubt there are political shenanigans about. Trump did say about sending some force in there previously.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/poli...0200811-3su4njj4b5g5fe5ceggvqesxzm-story.html

After Mayor Lori Lightfoot says she’s ‘quite shocked’ President Trump hadn’t weighed in on Chicago looting, he repeats offer to send federal help​

Gregory Pratt
Chicago Tribune |
Aug 11, 2020 at 6:33 PM

Shortly after presumed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden announced California Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate, President Donald Trump again invoked the law and order theme he’s campaigning on to rip Chicago and other big cities.

He repeated Tuesday his previous offer to send in federal troops to help quell local violence in Chicago and elsewhere, and noted that it’s up to mayors and governors to make the request for assistance.

“Together the city of Chicago and the state of Illinois have 25,000 police officers, sheriffs and guardsmen available to quell any violence, they can do it very quickly, very easily, if allowed to do their jobs,” Trump said at a news conference. “Again, if allowed to do their jobs. Our police, our law enforcement is incredible, but they have to be allowed to do their jobs.”

In his remarks at an unrelated White House news conference, Trump also criticized New York Mayor Bill de Blasio as well as leaders in Oregon and Washington state.

Trump, who frequently rips Democratic mayors of big cities after high-profile crimes or protests, had been conspicuously silent about Chicago following the Monday morning downtown looting that rocked the city and embarrassed local leadership.

“I’m offering all available federal support requested to stop the violence and arrest the criminals,” Trump said. “We have to be asked by the governors or the mayors, and we’ll be there very rapidly. It’s ready, willing and able. We’re all ready, willing and able to go these jurisdictions and take care of them. We’ll do them very quickly.”

Earlier Tuesday, Lightfoot said she was “quite shocked” that Trump hadn’t weighed in loudly about the city’s looting.

“It’s a full-time job trying to understand, predict and respond to what the president may be doing in his (way). I don’t have time for that. I need to lead this city,” Lightfoot said. “I need to make sure that our residents are safe. That is my focus, not what the latest tweet is for President Trump.”

She also had preemptively criticized the president on Monday, saying the city doesn’t need “federal troops in Chicago, period, full stop.”

“I’m sure the president will have his way with this incident, but I’m calling upon him to do the things that we do need (such as gun control),” she said.

The mayor frequently criticizes Trump, who is unpopular in Chicago, while the president has made the Democrat-run big cities a frequent political target.

Last month, Trump began sending federal agents with a variety of departments to Chicago as part of Operation Legend — an anti-violence program the mayor said she supports, so long as it’s being supervised locally by U.S. Attorney John Lausch.

But, Lightfoot said she eyes the assistance skeptically and has cast doubt on the sincerity of Trump’s desire to help.