• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Boxing discussion thread

Nothing dodgy about the scoring. Maybe a WTF for Stanley Christodoulou's 116-110, but Klitschko clearly won.

Paul Williams is back next week on HBO, against Erislandy Lara. Expect a great fight, with Williams looking to prove that he's back from the Martinez KO and Lara looking to prove he's for real.

Paul Williams is one of the scariest I've ever seen in the ring. His arms are just so damn long and his skills are clear. I would never wanna run into him in a dark alley anytime. After what he did to one of the natives of my area, Andy Kolle I've always feared what he could do. Andy Kolle is one tough son of a bitch and he dismantled him and knocked him through the ropes.

Nothing dodgy about the scoring. Maybe a WTF for Stanley Christodoulou's 116-110, but Klitschko clearly won.

Even Lennox Lewis said in the press that Haye would have to knock Klitschko out, because he wouldn't get the decision in Germany. I'm sure there was a dodgy championship decision over there a little few years ago, but I can't remember who was fighting.

I know the Klit was a clear winner. I was just messin with German member saschaxxx and later also BS scott. They took it the way it was intended with some Haye bashing banter of their own.:D Pity I can't say the same for that odious tranny banger Trebus.:1orglaugh

Yep, I agree it's bad sportmanship to bring the toe as a excuse for defeat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...d-Haye-Wladimir-Klitschko-injury-cop-out.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...id-Haye-wants-Wladimir-Klitschko-rematch.html

* I hate boxers who give excuses * .........* but my toooeeee, my poooor lil tooeee * Booohoooohoooo ...lol.:facepalm::facepalm:

Flip-flop-princess LOST, Vladimir WON. That´s fact. :D:D:angels:

There was a man telling the press on his T-shirt to ripp-off the head of his opponent ..... but nooowww. : * myyyy tooooeeeeeeeeeeee ...* Hihihoohaahaaa.

In Germany one say : Grosses Maul, nichts dahinter . :D:facepalm:

If Haye wants another Klitschko fight, he should go after Vitali.

Hatton formally announces retirement from ring

Ricky Hatton, who had not fought since suffering a brutal second-round knockout loss to Manny Pacquiao in May 2009, formally announced his retirement from boxing on Thursday.

Berto returns to ring against Zaveck on Sept. 3

Former welterweight titlist Andre Berto, who suffered his first defeat on April 16, will return to challenge titleholder Jan Zaveck of Slovenia on Sept. 3 in an HBO main event, Berto promoter Lou DiBella told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Notable fights this weekend:

12 rounds, 154
Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara

12 rounds, WBA 130
Akifumi Shimoda vs. Rico Ramos

10 rounds, Heavyweight
Chris Arreola vs. Friday Ahunaya

12 rounds, WBC 126
Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Tomas Villa

12 rounds, 135
Brandon Rios vs. Urbano Antillon

10 rounds, 154
Kermit Cintron vs. Carlos Molina

12 rounds, WBA 115
Hugo Cazares vs. Arturo Badillo

12 rounds, IBF 168
Lucian Bute vs. Jean-Paul Mendy

Hatton formally announces retirement from ring

Berto returns to ring against Zaveck on Sept. 3

12 rounds, 154
Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara

12 rounds, WBA 130
Akifumi Shimoda vs. Rico Ramos

10 rounds, Heavyweight
Chris Arreola vs. Friday Ahunaya

12 rounds, WBC 126
Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Tomas Villa

12 rounds, 135
Brandon Rios vs. Urbano Antillon

10 rounds, 154
Kermit Cintron vs. Carlos Molina

12 rounds, WBA 115
Hugo Cazares vs. Arturo Badillo

12 rounds, IBF 168
Lucian Bute vs. Jean-Paul Mendy

Some good fights in there. Williams I will be checking out for sure.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
My Ricky Hatton tribute....:clap:
liam-and-noel-with-ricky-hatton-755282.jpg

Antonio Tarver defeated Danny Green earlier today in a cruiserweight fight. Green stopped Roy Jones in 2009

Photos: Antonio Tarver Turns Back The Clock on Green

Cintron vs Smith Clash on August 12, ESPN Main Event

BoxingScene.com has been advised the former welterweight champion Kermit Cintron (32-4-1, 28KOs)*is shaking off*his last fight and getting right back into the ring on August 12th against Antwone Smith (20-2-1, 12KOs). The fight will headline ESPN's Friday Night Fights. A real gut check move by Cintron, who*on July*9th*returned from a 14-month layoff and dropped a ten round decision to Carlos Molina*at the Home Depot Center.

Greenburg resigns as president of HBO Sports

Ross Greenburg, who as president of HBO Sports was regarded as the most powerful person in the boxing business, resigned from the network under pressure Sunday despite having several months remaining on his multi-million dollar contract.

In his role, Greenburg presided over the largest budget in televised boxing -- around $35 million a year to buy fights. That made him a kingmaker as he could decide which fighters and promoters would get the network's powerful backing.

Greenburg, 56, was with HBO for 33 years, beginning as a production assistant in 1978 and working his way up to executive producer before being named president of HBO Sports -- whose flagship franchise is boxing -- in September 2000 to replace Seth Abraham. Greenburg also oversaw HBO PPV, which produces and distributes most of boxing's biggest pay-per-view fights.

Weights: Amir Khan 140-Pounds, Zab Judah 140

Weights: Dereck Chisora 261-Pounds, Tyson Fury 255.5

Madison Square Garden gets Cotto-Margarito II

Junior middleweight titlist Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, who are putting the finishing touches on a deal for a Dec. 3 rematch, will meet at New York's Madison Square Garden, Top Rank president Todd duBoef told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

Top Rank has not determined whether Showtime or HBO will handle the pay-per-view production and distribution of the fight.

Company chief Bob Arum has said the network he makes a deal with for Pacquiao's third fight with Juan Manuel Marquez on Nov. 12 will have the rights to both bouts. A decision on that is expected before the end of July.

Bradley sued by promoters for contract breach

Gary Shaw and Ken Thompson, the co-promoters of unified junior welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr., have sued Bradley in Florida State Court for breach of contract over his refusal to go through with a fight against fellow titlist Amir Khan, which had been scheduled for Saturday in Las Vegas.

Shaw and Thompson are seeking damages on income they say they would have earned on a Bradley-Khan fight. They estimate their 20 percent share of the profits -- the other 80 percent would have gone to Bradley -- would have been "in excess of $450,000."

HBO (USA), Primetime (UK), Main Event (Australia)
12 rounds, WBA/IBF 140 unification
Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah

8 rounds, 160
James Kirkland vs. Alexis Hloros
(Not televised)

Fox Deportes (USA), Azteca (Mexico)
12 rounds, WBO 126
Orlando Salido vs. Kenichi Yamaguchi

PPV (USA), Super Channel (Canada)
12 rounds, Heavyweight
Dereck Chisora vs. Tyson Fury

Khan is a tough son of a bitch. A match between him and Mayweather would be great. Ortiz first though. I am leaning toward Ortiz in this coming scrap. :2 cents:

Good fight tonight between Zaveck and Berto. Damn shame the way Zaveck's eye swoll up because he was right in it.

I look forward to Klitchko and Adamek next week.