• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Horror flick of the decade?

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Making an American version of something japanese is something I don't consider a remake but an improvement....

You are joking, right? Ringu was WAY suoerior.....but I digress:

28 Days Later

Dawn of the Dead remake (not as good as the original, but a brilliant effort to blend zombies with humor)
The Descent (first half of the movie is very suspensful and claustrophobic)

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
My top 10:

Pan´s Labyrinth
A Tale of Two Sisters
Let The Right One In
The Descent
The Orphanage
Rec
Ils
The Abandoned
Martyrs
Inside

Cracking list, this. Ils and A Tale Of Two Sisters are brilliant.

On top of those, The Mist is also really good - although I hate the ending. I know it's daring and all for a Hollywood film but it actually made no sense and was just deliberately mean-spirited, I thought.

Eden Lake is also excellent - like Ils, it shows that a bunch of psychotic little bastards can be scarier than any ghost, zombie or vampire!

28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are fantastic too. I actually preferred the sequel, it was so dark and bleak, I loved it.

Audition is great too, although maybe not a horror film as such. The Eye, Infection and The Guard Post are three other good Oriental efforts too.

Also, Switchblade Romance / High Tension! It goes completely insane at the end, but it was great. Absolutely loved that short-haired girl.

Spleen

Banned?
On top of those, The Mist is also really good - although I hate the ending. I know it's daring and all for a Hollywood film but it actually made no sense and was just deliberately mean-spirited, I thought.

It's one of my favourite ever endings. It is VERY mean, but I don't see why it didn't make sense?

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
SPOILER ALERT!

Well, because he'd spent all that time rescuing them and getting them out of there. Then they run out of petrol and so, oh shit, I'd better shoot everyone in the face then!

In fairness though, I can see why people would love that ending, and I like seeing films taking a risk like that. I just didn't like the logic of it.

SPOILER ENDING!

Also, I forgot the best of the lot - May. Seriously, everyone needs to see this film, it amazed me how good it was. Plus, Anna Faris plays a lesbian!

I don't think it's necessary to call spoilers if the movie is more than two years old. Hell, it's the net, make it two weeks.

wtf :ban:

let me guess, you don't like tyler perry's movies either because they are full of n******?

I don't have anything against Black people at all , Denzel Washington and Samuel Jackson might be my two favourite actors and my favourite music style is Hip-Hop so your guess is wrong....

^^But to call The Ring an improvement over Ringu is just absolute nonsense. The Japanese are masters when it comes to horror. You don't have any taste :tongue:

^^But to call The Ring an improvement over Ringu is just absolute nonsense. The Japanese are masters when it comes to horror. You don't have any taste :tongue:

I haven't seen that japanese version yet so I might be wrong about my statement ....

It's just that I'm very Pro America and prefer American made stuff , is that so wrong?

You know what, I'll try to get my hands on that ringu movie soon to see what it's like , maybe I'll even like it....

The original isn't a version as it is the original. There's also nothing wrong with preffering American made stuff but some things are better left untouched.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Horror movies are an absolute joke now-a-days. The movie that gets the title of the best horror flick of the decade is still going to be a terribly shitty movie, in my opinion.

Spleen

Banned?
SPOILER ALERT!

Seems like the kind of thing that would actually happen, in that situation. If I had a gun full of bullets, I'd much rather kill my family than let them be torn to shreds.

I really got shivered with Paranormal Activity, and this doesn't happen often.

Seems like the kind of thing that would actually happen, in that situation. If I had a gun full of bullets, I'd much rather kill my family than let them be torn to shreds.

Nah, I'd much rather see my family torn apart. Less guilt on the part of the gun ... more pain for them of course. But fuck it once their dead, they're dead.