• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Horror flick of the decade?

There were a lot of remakes , but a lot of new ones as well such as The Ring , Saw movies etc.

What's your choice?

The Ring was a remake. So was The Grudge and Dark Water.

I liked Wolf Creek. It was inspired by real events and, despite being a typical slasher, it had a lot of depth to it. Lots of suspenseful moments and a cast of characters that weren't intentionally annoying. It took the bumphuck slasher genre into a cool, new direction.

Also, there was one movie where a well off couple takes a boat out into the marshes and gets stuck. They end up getting kidnapped by a couple of Aussie hicks. It wasn't great, but it was cool to see some horror from Down Under. Anybody recall the name of that movie? If I remember right, it was an Aussie guy and a French chick.

Many people hated it, but I loved the French slasher, High Tension. Maybe it's because the one chick looks like my girlfriend, I dunno. If you haven't seen it, rent and don't read any reviews or spoilers!

The Wes Craven and TCM remakes were not that great. Zombie's Halloween sucked and the Michael Bay Friday the 13th was terrible. And Eli Roth's movies were extremely overrated! Extremely.

I saw The Ring in theaters after I had seen the original Japanese series...and I still liked it. The other J-remakers weren't anything special.

Ooh, I nearly forgot. The Korean monster flick, The Host, was great. Not really "horror" per se, but it was fun, well executed, great looking giant monster stuff. No rubber suits either. Just top notch CGI and a pretty cool story.

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk
The Happening (2008)
[Rec] (2007)
Dead Set (2008)
28 Weeks Later (2007)

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Frontiers wasn't too bad, I could rant about a bunch of horror movies that sucked though.

Making an American version of something japanese is something I don't consider a remake but an improvement....

Wow, really? Japanese horror has for the most part been far better over this past decade than a lot of the original material the US has been able to put out (which basically consisted of nothing but remakes of 70s movies) and from what I've seen the US remakes of Japanese horror's have consistently failed to live up to the overall intensity of what they were based on.

Is this a subtitle issue?

One Night In Paris...

Or was it Quarantine?

Night vision, emaciated chick that sucks... I couldn't tell the difference.

Not at all....
I just don't like that asiatic atmosphere combined with asiatic people....

wtf :ban:

let me guess, you don't like tyler perry's movies either because they are full of n******?

Wainkerr99

Closed Account
Well I kind of am in major crush with both Laurie Holden and Radha Mitchell, so I would say Silent Hill. Radha said in BTS that she couldn't finish the script that night as it was too scary. She had to wait until morning. The horror that waited around every corner, intensely crazy super-religio frazzled old timers out to murderlise at all costs, crazy frightening monsters.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
My top 10:

Pan´s Labyrinth
A Tale of Two Sisters
Let The Right One In
The Descent
The Orphanage
Rec
Ils
The Abandoned
Martyrs