• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Beautiful galaxy and space thread

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

NGC 6503 practices social distancing: The galaxy is alone at the very edge of an empty patch in space called the Local Void. Be like NGC 6503

https://illuminateduniverse.org/2020/03/19/hubble-heritage-archive-ngc-6503/

252 million b.c.

I knew nothing of the Permian Extinction/Great Dying. Fascinating and terrifying!
Yeah, apparently it nearly wiped everything out on Land and in the Oceans. One of the causes (they think) was the massive volcanic eruptions under Siberia that went on for nearly a million years., ("The Siberian Traps"). One theory it was a 'rare mantle plume' from the Earths core.

Fascinating and very cool though. (No pun intended)

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

This Map Lets You Plug in Your Address to See How It’s Changed Over the Past 750 Million Years
The interactive tool enables users to home in on a specific location and visualize how it has evolved between the Cryogenian Period and the present

Something fun to play with.

https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth#0

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

NGC 6334, Cat’s Paw

Milky Way at Serpentine Dam, Western Australia

NGC 2936, Porpoise Galaxy

One of my favourites - Hubble image of Hoag's Object - a rare Ring Galaxy 612 million light-years away!

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
This weird dance was spotted the other day by China's FAST telescope. It's a pulsar 27,000 LY away, spinning and devouring a nearby star. I mean spinning fast...more than 316 RPS. BION, this is a real pic. NOT an artist's rendering...I think. *EDIT* Naw...it's an artist's rendering after all. Those bitches at Space.com fooled me again. But it is interesting, isn't it? Maybe not........

SXvE7iSuQDd8DZG8fwvBu4-650-80.jpg

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
It;s interesting, it's all interesting....I guess it would be cooler with real photos, but what are you gonna do, it's not like you can just pull out your phone and snap a quick pic. t's pretty amazing that they get the photos they do. At least I think so.

I will NEVER wrap my head around the fact that the universe is INFINITE, and CONSTANTLY EXPANDING.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

Betelgeuse

"It's one small step for Whimsy ...

"A giant leap for Whimsykind!"

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

This photo taken by NASA’s Suomi-NPP orbiting satellite shows a large plume of dust leaving the coast of Africa this week. This dust plume is being blown west out over the Atlantic, and will eventually reach the coast of North America. Plumes of dust like this one play an important role in the ecosystems of the western hemisphere.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
It;s interesting, it's all interesting....I guess it would be cooler with real photos, but what are you gonna do, it's not like you can just pull out your phone and snap a quick pic. t's pretty amazing that they get the photos they do. At least I think so.

I will NEVER wrap my head around the fact that the universe is INFINITE, and CONSTANTLY EXPANDING.
And the fact that now it is thought that some parts have expanded so far that the light from them will never reach earth. Called the Event Horizon.