• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

*2020 US Presidential Elections* - Candidates, Statistics, Campaign Timelines, Debates

Even though a Biden win is looking likely, I'm a little bit shocked and very concerned that it is so close. Makes me very worried for the future of America and all Western democracies.

The poisonous belief of "American exceptionalism" (rebranded, in a sense, as "MAGA") must be dissuaded and its imperial ideation rebuked by all nations. Hopefully, the cult of personality, under its own growing weight of self-importance, surrounding the executive office hastens this end.

Every election, I'm haunted by John Quincy Adams' "America... goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all." That echoing Jefferson's "peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none."

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Biden has to be happy with how today is developing for him. If Pennsylvania is flipped, it will be a great day. Biden can still win at this point with AZ and NV (nothing is guaranteed in either state). Win PA and those states will be gravy.

I always love a good JQA quote!

The left is split though. ... They need to decide what they are as a party.
A point only accentuated by the largest field of presidential nominees in history. Most of them were legit, and they ran the entire gamut from far left to centrist policies.

And therein lies the problem with their party. They're too "big tent" for their own good, and as clinton can attest, when one group doesn't get the nominee they want, they can and will hold it against the party. Maybe not enough to vote republican, but enough not to vote for the dem candidate, and that is enough to do the damage.

IMO a similar divide exist on the right, but they've managed to overcome it. The biggest split IMO among conservatives is right wing ideas and the extremist/downright ridiculous behaviour of twump. I believe that the majority of those who voted republican are NOT racist redneck hicks, but normal, sane people who have conservative ideals, whether they be fiscal, religious or otherwise. The challenge for them was whether those ideals was enough to tolerate the antics of potus, and in the end, unlike the dems in 2016 they still voted for him.

Look at pretty much any other democratic country and you'll see more variances in left-wing parties. It's not an all-or-nothing, one-size-fits all. I think the "dream scenario" for the left in the US is dismantling the two-party system and allowing for coalition governments. But that's a topic for another post...

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Trump has divided America for his own corrupt evil greed.
America needs a president that will unite the Left and Right.
Every issue can be negotiated to a mutually beneficial compromise, with each side making some concessions.
United we stand divided we fall, this applies to the entire planet.

gmase

Isn't he behind on the national level right now? If they did stop counting, wouldn't he actually lose? Sorry, it just seems like there are different numbers everywhere...
Yes, he would lose. If Biden wins Arizona and Nevada he hits the required 270 (without PA).

It's an insane argument - count these votes, but not those.

gmase

Trump has divided America for his own corrupt evil greed.
America needs a president that will unite the Left and Right.
Every issue can be negotiated to a mutually beneficial compromise, with each side making some concessions.
United we stand divided we fall, this applies to the entire planet.
You're spot on! Biden keeps saying he'll be president for "all Americans".

Oddly enough, the negotiation ploy was Trump's mantra in 2016. Who remembers "Bring them in and make a deal?"

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
At present, Joe Biden has 264 electoral votes to Donald Trump's 214, with as you know 270 to win. Earlier it was reported that this 2020 election is the most-voter-turnout election of all time. Similarly, Biden has received the most individual votes of any presidential candidate in history. Biden has just been confirmed as winning Arizona officially. Trump has taken Florida officially.

gmase

At present, Joe Biden has 264 electoral votes to Donald Trump's 214, with as you know 270 to win. Earlier it was reported that this 2020 election is the most-voter-turnout election of all time. Similarly, Biden has received the most individual votes of any presidential candidate in history. Biden has just been confirmed as winning Arizona officially. Trump has taken Florida officially.
AZ still seems a bit cloudy - some have it called while other are hesitating. Watching his lead evaporate as PA counts throughout the day is priceless. We can only imagine the rage he's giving to his staffers.

Trump claimed Michigan so we need to take that out of our counts. 😁

Trump is only down 3.4m popular votes.

Biden is playing hardball and set up a transition website: https://buildbackbetter.com/

gmase

BBQ, Beer, and Freedom! At least he's (semi-)wearing a mask.

2020-election-day-2-14-trump-supporter-nevada-gty-jc-201104_1604530844297_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
*UPDATE* Trump has now filed THREE lawsuits involving voting rolls. Two in Pennsylvania and Michigan, along with the Wisconsin action.

gmase

*UPDATE* Trump has now filed THREE lawsuits involving voting rolls. Two in Pennsylvania and Michigan, along with the Wisconsin action.
He should sue AZ and NV to stop counting their ballot too.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Doesn't matter. Biden is leading in both of those states. And has been leading since the polls closed. A lawsuit brought by Trump and his attorneys would be a moot point.

gmase

Doesn't matter. Biden is leading in both of those states. And has been leading since the polls closed. A lawsuit brought by Trump and his attorneys would be a moot point.
That was my point (the hypocrisy). :)

Nevada is interesting to me, because it was called into question as a remaining "battleground" after most outlets had given it to Biden. Arizona I'm on record as believing would remain red, but I am mistaken, I think. I understand why many were skeptical about AZ being awarded too early, but it truly is looking like a blue wave in AZ, at least, in relative terms, with weed and a Dem senate seat being awarded. And a "tax the rich", business-killing education tax that will probably go through. Much more blue in AZ (fleeing California) in recent years. And I underestimated the depth of offense to the McCain partisans there from Trump, though I don't think that was the swing factor. No, AZ is likely legitimately Biden's. Don't know about NV. GA, PA, probably go to Trump. Sets up pretty well for litigation for both sides, unless one of these "swings" slams the door for one or the other. Congrats to the dems for an impressive showing, at the very least. I never would have guessed that you could put over a Weekend-at-Bernie's for the world's de facto most influential seat. It helps when the vast majority of the media in the country is entrenched, dedicated to the caper. "Look, you can see there, his lips are moving! ...fine! Get a mirror and put it under his nose!"

'cause he's a napper. Really into his naps. Basements, clearly, conducive.

gmase

Sounds like Biden will be napping in the bunker?

Not really a waste of time. At least the federal agencies can be filled with competent people.

Colorado voted to give it's electoral votes to the nationwide popular vote winner (once states aggregating to over 270 electoral votes sign on). I voted 'no' which puts me in the minority.

That said, this blows my mind:
Nate Silver from 538: "What will the final margin in the popular vote be? Here’s an absurdly precise guess: 4.3 percentage points. More specifically, I guess that Biden will receive 81.8 million votes and Trump will get 74.9 million, with 2.9 million going to third-party candidates for a total of 159.6 million."

Biden may win the popular vote by $7m votes and get into office with a razor-thin margin.