• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

*2020 US Presidential Elections* - Candidates, Statistics, Campaign Timelines, Debates

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Dicks with a porpoise. :brick:

Only unnamed.jpg day left to begin the counting.

How long will it take Trump to 'Fire Fauci' after the event?
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/523934-trump-suggests-he-may-fire-fauci-after-election

gmase

Here's my map. I went back and forth on Florida and NC because the polling is so tight. But ultimately put it in Biden's column. Feel free to mock me tomorrow if I'm wrong
It's a very reasonable map. 538 has their at 349-189. RCP's 'No Toss Up' map has the same margin as you, but they get there in a slightly different manner.

As of this morning, 538 gives Trump a 10% chance of winning which is fairly consistent with the past week. In the week leading up to the 2016 election, they gave Trump between a 29% and 36% chance. As they note, it does rain in Los Angeles 1 in 10 days.

gmase

Trump backed by a lot of Dicks, there's a shock.
Speaking of 🐬

Too bad he couldn't make it to the finish line. From July 14th:

Trump's going to win, I'll go toe-to-toe with any Freeones member (10+ year, at least 15 posts this year) that wants to bet otherwise.

Stakes: 1 month name change, effective on inauguration, to whatever the victor chooses (admittedly, we'll need the help of a mod, which won't be difficult because everyone's a fucking mod now). I will dub thee something horrible and profane that incorporates your liberal ideology into an overall palette of ignorant pretention. Something like "ChinaVirus69". I don't know yet.

So who's game?

I'd actually give you points (60ish), but there's too much counter-party risk to accept your proposal.

Last edited:

gmase

Mild gun regulations are not a radical left policy.
It's not a liberal ideal at all - especially if one reads the actual wording of the 2nd Amendment:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.​

The Militia needs to be well regulated and the right to bear arms should not be infringed. Citizens can bear arms, but in a regulated manner.

Here's my map. I went back and forth on Florida and NC because the polling is so tight. But ultimately put it in Biden's column. Feel free to mock me tomorrow if I'm wrong
View attachment 831227
I don't think FL and AZ go blue. Not sure about VA, as I have no idea what the local politics are like, and that sometimes influences the vote upstream, I believe.

gmase

About fracking, you think that the Green New Deal will really work??? With which fuel do planes and cars work? Kerosen and Gasoline.Good luck for making work cars or planes with a green new deal energy, it is totally unrealistic. Count how many people are employed in the oil & gas industry, do you honestly think that they will vote for a candidate that will put them to unemployment? I don't think so.
Here's an interesting commentary (opinion) concerning energy:
https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-...ps-energy-plan-will-cost-the-nation-trillions

In the short-term we need to maintain fossil fuels in order for the economy (capital and labor) to transition to more sustainable energy sources. In the long view, we do need to move away from them. Otherwise, the environmental and climate impacts will be beyond repair.

The Militia needs to be well regulated and the right to bear arms should not be infringed. Citizens can bear arms, but in a regulated manner.

I was nodding in agreement until the "but." If it's a militia it must be well-regulated. However, I'd argue no restrictions are placed on the people.

So, really, I think any legal distinction needs to be made that when a private owner takes public action, that qualifies as, and is considered, "militia," and under the state's authority.

gmase

I was nodding in agreement until the "but." If it's a militia it must be well-regulated. However, I'd argue no restrictions are placed on the people.

So, really, I think any legal distinction needs to be made that when a private owner takes public action, that qualifies as, and is considered, "militia," and under the state's authority.
You hit upon the salient point: there is no plain meaning to the Amendment.

gmase

Do we know the authors of the Bill of Rights? Though it's mainly attributed to Madison, the separate amendments seem to have different voices.

Even this is interesting in the differing versions ratified by the states: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Text
I am fairly confident Madison drafted them (drawing on the VA Declaration of Rights). From there they were probably tweaked by committee which leads to the different voices.

This story is fascinating: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-seventh_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution. I first heard about it in 2017. It was originally submitted to the states for ratification in 1789 and finally ratified in 1992. https://open.spotify.com/episode/3gh45ZXpREIezsuJwyWFcy

Well, today's the day. What a wild ride it has been.
Don't count your chickens yet. We know there will be a delay with counting the mail-in ballots, unless it's a complete blowout where they won't make a difference.
IMO the ride will likely continue for at least another week, possibly even the month.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
So the Trump rhetoric last night was the Democrats and the "radical left" are going to cause riots, disruption, protests and other bad things at polling places. Let's see.
Thank God it's over. But how about this for a final kicker to the Trump Administration:

Now I wouldn't put this past him. If Donald Trump loses, he declares martial law. Sets curfews, etc. because that's how he is. That Sean Connery / Michael Caine movie title suits him perfectly, The Man Who Would Be King. He's not going to go away quietly or peacefully.

That's why he wanted a full Supreme Court of nine judges. There's going to be many issues on "so called" voting irregularities that he and his Administration are going to take up with the Court. Not like George Bush / Al Gore and Florida in 2000. There will be other places with many other states being challenged.

Last edited:

gmase

Interesting that the 1st amendment was the third proposal. Except for the 10th, it seems none of the amendments are ranked in importance.
You are correct.

Thank you for getting the party started. It has been a wild ride.

Zero days left. It's all over but the counting and litigation. Put the helmet one, we're heading into a black hole:

download.jpg