• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2017/2018 NCAA Football Thread

Congrats Conner :hatsoff:
An uncharacteristically mistake prone game by Alabama, but still no doubt which team was better today. Hoping Johnson isn't going to miss the title game next week.
If it came down to it I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of this game in the NCAA Title Game, though at the moment that doesn't appear too terribly likely.
WAR EAGLE! Thanks, bodie!

For a lonnnnggggg time, I've had gripes about Auburn's defense, but they have come a long way and I've never been prouder of them. Beating two #1 teams in November is an outstanding accomplishment!

Yes, I'm worried about Johnson and Kam Martin. That was an ugly ankle roll Kam took. If we play without both of them next week, it's gonna be ugly.

Yep. Well deserving of the coveted triple facepalm :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Yep, that loss takes a lot of luster off next weeks game with Clemson.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
Once again, all the so-called "experts" picked against Auburn. How smart do they look now?

Congratulations to the Auburn Tigers for their Iron Bowl victory. These injuries are scary and we'll see how much of an impact they'll be in the SEC Championship game.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
They were not ranked #1 in the initial CFP rankings. Georgia was #1 until they got beat by Auburn.

Point conceded but it isn't really relevant to my question. However, the fact that Bama lost sort of negates it for now but it is still a legitimate question I think. T

Re: Texas. To get anything from this group this year is a win. None of these guys are Herman recruits and anyone who expected him to simply flip a switch and turn this program around in a single season is delusional. I'm fine with where we are right now....to go 6-6 (even though we choked up the Tech game the other night) is a positive sign. It's all good so far in Austin from my perspective.

Re: Miami. I've said all season that Rosier was the weak link waiting to be exposed and indeed he was on Friday in Pittsburgh. The offense was horrible and Pitt played an inspired game so the Canes got beat. Not surprising really when you think about it....overdue in fact. We've seriously overachieved this year so anything we get from here on in is a bonus. The program is finally back into national relevance and will be for some time (I hope!).

Re: Missouri. Barry Odom deserves SEC coach of the year consideration for bringing Mizzou back from a 1-5 start to finish 7-5. Drew Lock might be the #1 college QB going into next season. If only they had a defense....

Congrats to Auburn for pulling off the mild upset against Bama. The whole CFP thing is a potential dumpster fire if things fall right. Bring it on! I want NCAA mayhem to rule!

... Re: Miami. I've said all season that Rosier was the weak link waiting to be exposed and indeed he was on Friday in Pittsburgh. The offense was horrible and Pitt played an inspired game so the Canes got beat. Not surprising really when you think about it....overdue in fact. We've seriously overachieved this year so anything we get from here on in is a bonus. The program is finally back into national relevance and will be for some time (I hope!).
Rosier and Richt. No doubt that Richt is a great coach, but my friends and I have always joked that Richt is cursed. He had some outstanding seasons at Georgia, but somehow found a way to lose a big one when it counted most. We'll see if the streak continues...

Congrats to Auburn for pulling off the mild upset against Bama. The whole CFP thing is a potential dumpster fire if things fall right. Bring it on! I want NCAA mayhem to rule!
Hasn't it been like that every year?

This year however, the screams will be long and loud if Bama is not given an invitation. A few weeks ago, I was sure they'd get a ticket even with a loss to Auburn, but their strength of schedule has come into question, along with just two quality wins and a lackluster outing against Miss St, they will need ay least two upsets in the conference games to have a shot.

If it doesn't come, I would bet against them in whatever bowl they go to. They have a knack for playing like shit when not playing for a title, losing to teams they should stomp into the dirt.

Rosier and Richt. No doubt that Richt is a great coach, but my friends and I have always joked that Richt is cursed. He had some outstanding seasons at Georgia, but somehow found a way to lose a big one when it counted most. We'll see if the streak continues...

Hasn't it been like that every year?

This year however, the screams will be long and loud if Bama is not given an invitation. A few weeks ago, I was sure they'd get a ticket even with a loss to Auburn, but their strength of schedule has come into question, along with just two quality wins and a lackluster outing against Miss St, they will need ay least two upsets in the conference games to have a shot.

If it doesn't come, I would bet against them in whatever bowl they go to. They have a knack for playing like shit when not playing for a title, losing to teams they should stomp into the dirt.

Bama played one good team all year and lost.
Kick the evil wizard and his band of mercenaries to the curb.

Bama played one good team all year and lost.
Kick the evil wizard and his band of mercenaries to the curb.
e5716nnn.gif

Oh yes! I watched just to see Corso make himself look like an ass (as usual).

I like to call him "Kiss of Death Corso", because most of the time when he picks a team, it's almost a sure thing your team is doomed. He picked Bama. Nuff said on that.

OH! Did you see Spirit fly before the game? I've been to a number of games and seen the Eagle(s) fly and watched them on TV many times, but Spirit did something I've never seen before. Every time the eagle flies, he (or she) lands at midfiled where the trainer is pulling that decoy. THIS TIME, the eagle flew over the sideline and landed in the end zone where no one was waiting. None of eagles have ever done that! At the time, I felt like this was some kind of omen, and I was right!

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
Lee Corso has gone downhill the last few years. I don't know how much longer they can keep him on the show. He seems lost a lot of the time and has trouble speaking. It's become an embarrassment of ESPN.

I haven't seen the Eagle do the pre-game flight in person. Would be very cool to see.

Lee Corso has gone downhill the last few years. I don't know how much longer they can keep him on the show. He seems lost a lot of the time and has trouble speaking. It's become an embarrassment of ESPN.

I haven't seen the Eagle do the pre-game flight in person. Would be very cool to see.
Corso had a stroke a few years back. Right after he first came back, he was in a lot worse shape than he is now. He should retire, but that ridulous tradition he started of putting on the mascot head of his pick for game of the week has become too popular with the fan-atics.

Jagger69

Some great games on today. OU/TCU, UGA/Auburn, Wisconsin/OSU, Clemson/Miami should all be awesome. Hope my Canes don't get destroyed. Good luck to your Tigers, Connor.

Gad what an enormous turnabout on the Georgia/Auburn outcome :(

So we got Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma and either Alabama or Wisconsin (down by 6 with 5 minutes to play and won't make it in if they lose)

Ok Alabama it is.

Jagger - was hoping for an Oregon vs Texas bowl matchup but it looks like they are going to narrowly miss one another, dammit! :)

Gad what an enormous turnabout on the Georgia/Auburn outcome :(

So we got Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma and either Alabama or Wisconsin (down by 6 with 5 minutes to play and won't make it in if they lose)

That Wisconsin QB was a joke The crappy team blew so many defensive assignments and the guy couldn’t make the throws.
Those guys feast on one dimensional football.
Urban is a average game coach at best he only succeeds when he has better talent than the other team. Not unlike the evil wizard of Alabama.....
Check his bowl record.

Everything played out how I figued.

Auburn has two of the best running backs in the country. One was out for the season and KJ suffered injuries to both shoulders in the Alabama game. I knew all week if he was still hurt, they were in for a beating.

We all knew Oklahoma was a lock, but TCU gave a good effort for a couple of quarters.

I expected Clemson would absolutely molest Miami and that's what happened (sorry Jagger).

And, I figured Ohio State for a win, but Wisonsin somehow got themselves into a having a shot only to fall short.

I think it's obvious that almost all of the annoncers from yesterday want Ohio State to go and not Alabama. I don't really buy into their arguments. Yes, Ohio State is a conference champion, but they have two losses and one of those was an epic beatdown by a 7-5 Iowa team.

Honestly, I want Ohio State to go just because I absolutely hate Nick Saban, but my gut tells me Ohio State won't get the invite.

Either way, this will result in one of those teams and their fans to get pissed off and could end up being the catalyst for an expanded playoff field.

Last edited:
Everything played out how I figued.

Auburn has two of the best running backs in the country. One was out for the season and KJ suffered injuries to both shoulders in the Alabama game. I knew all week if he was still hurt, they were in for a beating.

We all knew Oklahoma was a lock, but TCU gave a good effort for a couple of quarters.

I expected Clemson would absolutely molest Miami and that's what happened (sorry Jagger).

And, I figured Ohio State for a win, but Wisonsin somehow got themselves into a having a shot only to fall short.

I think it's obvious that almost all of the annoncers from yesterday want Ohio State to go and not Alabama. I don't really buy into their arguments. Yes, Ohio State is a conference champion, but they have two losses and one of those was an epic beatdown by a 7-5 Iowa team.

Honestly, I want Ohio State to go just because I absolutely hate Nick Saban, but my gut tells me Ohio State won't get the invite.

Either way, this will result in one of those teams and their fans to get pissed off and could end up being the catalyst for an expanded playoff field.

Neither OSU or Bama deserve to go.
Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Wisconson
Anything else is just made for TV.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Alabama goes. The other three are no argument. Really, neither is ,Bama. It's the classic example of the guy who has to work a lot harder to prove himself, over the other guy with the natural gifts and charisma. Despite what some feel was a pro-OSU bias in the TV media, the overall consensus and often half-informed belief among media people is that the Tide are God. The SEC is the Seventh level of Heaven. When Saban speaks, there is fucking thunder in the clouds. Merited or not, that's the way it is.
Some of it is true. Think of it this way: as a football fan, which of the two would you want to see go up against versus the best in the nation? Last season, the Bucks proved without a doubt that they didn't belong. My hats of to Barrett. He may not be a Heisman contender, but he has moxie. Plus, the advertisers want to see a Clemson-'Bama rematch almost as much as they want you to buy a Buick. Look...to Big 10 fans in general: the tough truth is that the SEC IS a better conference year in and year round. Not 100 points better, but then, apparently, they don't have to be.

Jagger69

Some shit games on today. OU/TCU, UGA/Auburn, Wisconsin/OSU, Clemson/Miami should all be blowouts. Too bad my Canes will be destroyed . Good luck to your Tigers, Connor....in the NCAA basketball season that is.

Fixed

Alabama goes. The other three are no argument. Really, neither is Bama. It's the classic example of the guy who has to work a lot harder to prove himself, over the other guy with the natural gifts and charisma. Despite what some feel was a pro-OSU bias in the TV media, the overall consensus and often half-informed belief among media people is that the Tide are God. The SEC is the Seventh level of Heaven. When Saban speaks, there is fucking thunder in the clouds. Merited or not, that's the way it is.

Some of it is true. Think of it this way: as a football fan, which of the two would you want to see go up against versus the best in the nation? Last season, the Bucks proved without a doubt that they didn't belong. My hats of to Barrett. He may not be a Heisman contender, but he has moxie. Plus, the advertisers want to see a Clemson-'Bama rematch almost as much as they want you to buy a Buick. Look...to Big 10 fans in general: the tough truth is that the SEC IS a better conference year in and year round. Not 100 points better, but then, apparently, they don't have to be.
I'm not arguing that Bama doesn't deserve it more than OSU. The Bucks had 2 losses, Bama had 1, and OSU's loss to Iowa was beyond embarrassing.

As for the bias thing, it's not a feeling, it's a fact. There is bias against Alabama. The only question is if you think it's deserved.

Personally, I think most if it is Saban's fault. He is a well-known asshole control freak that treats his assistants like dog shit. If you don't agree, ask the parade of assistants that have left him at every job he's had. And, there are other issues that I won't go into...

Also, you can't watch Kirk Herb-shit on a consistent basis and think he's not biased. He is the most unobjective commentator on ESPN!

As for the delusion that Saban is some type of messianic icon, why did the rules committee slap him back into place a few years ago, when he snuck into the committee's annual meeting and tried a backhanded move of forcing the committee to change the rules about hurry-up offenses? Because, the committee wanted to make it clear that they don't bend over for Saban when he barks.

This isn't college basketball where a team with a losing record can go to the playoffs as long as they win their conference championship. So, as much as it pains me to say it, the committe picked the 4 most deserving teams this year.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
If Alabama is hated as much as some say, then Ohio State must be Satan himself and the Big 10 a bunch of special olympians. I don't know how it is in Jersey or Santa Barbara or wherever everyone else here is from, but in my neighborhood that's the consensus. You want merits? Do you want the best wins? How about the "best losses?" The Bucks got pounded by Iowa for some reason, but still managed to beat two teams ranked in the top 5. I don't believe I saw that from 'Bama this year. So then it isn't based on merit. Hmmmm....okay, worst losses then. Sure the Bucks lost by 500 to the Hawkeyes. Their answer was to beat PSU then knock off #4 Wisconsin and win the Conference. AFTER that fact. 'Bama lost to Auburn, then like a lightning strike, the committee rockets them up to, what was it...third place? So what do they do? They get schooled in much the same way as OSU by Georgia, who they beat earlier. Wow. Talk about two games dark and light, huh? You think the OSU team that won at PSU would have lost by 30 to the Hawkeyes played over again like that?? Wrap up? Auburn dropped back to where they should have stayed in the first place. But lest we forget...THEY BEAT ALABAMA. In case you're missing it, THAT'S respect for a 1-A program. Auburn finished with 3 losses...just a couple less than Iowa. AND THEIR VICTIM MADE THE TOP 4.