• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014/2015 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Mr Magoo gets his 6th win. 7 would be nice. Not next week, there may not even be a Rutgers-Michigan St. spread. Maryland finishes the schedule. Lots of good tickets left and I could drive there. Drop a bet in Delaware on the way there and pick up the winnings on the way home. Maybe grab a campus chippy for a ride share. Ummm... naw, I'll plan for the lone drive.

i want to sit between lee and curb herbstreet on game day. if florida beats fla st after a 26 game win streak i should at least get claps
WYoFk_WcSvW7eN7m.jpg

and if georgia was to win NC i want someones chair on game day. and...i want little mascot hats like lee............
dm_141115_corsos_pick.jpg

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The Canes put up a good fight but in the end their inexperience closing out big games showed up. I was proud of our effort....if only we had a kicker. Poetic justice to a degree since FSU has blown so many games to Miami with missed kicks. In this case, a blocked extra-point and a missed 29 yd. chip-shot FG are all that stood between us and a tie game at the end of regulation. Oh well, at least I guessed the point spread correctly. We're loaded with young talent and the future is bright in Coral Gables.

Plus, Mizzou knocks off A&M at College Station and the Horns take down OSU in Stillwater. The Tigers still control their own destiny in the SEC East and it looks like Charlie Strong might know what he's doing after all as Texas qualifies for bowl eligibility. We play TCU on Thanksgiving....should be a good one.

My top 4:

FSU
Alabama
Oregon
Mississippi State

i agree with your top 4. just like i have them listed. on this hand i dont feel like miss st should have been #1 to start with. i dont think fla st should drop till they were beat. with that logic bama beat the # 2 team in my book. here is why this system is screwed. how can you tell miss st they dont even have a inside shot at the Nc??? i dont know who all will get screwed but from here looks like miss st will get it hard.

Florida State still hasn't played a quality team this year and if they played in a real conference would have 3 losses already.
If Ohio State even gets a sniff then it's the same flawed system as always as their schedule is just soft.

Florida State still hasn't played a quality team this year and if they played in a real conference would have 3 losses already.
If Ohio State even gets a sniff then it's the same flawed system as always as their schedule is just soft.

you may be right. but being #1 is different than any other spot. after winning the NC last year it should take a L to drop them IMO. i been saying 2 weeks the stage is set in vegas for a not so good fla team . we will see. it is all about the money

not saying at all this will happen. lot of football left to play. but if it ended today in jan what would a bama miss st rematch ticket cost? bet your butt somewhere someone with a pencil and greed is thinking about that. i mean it cant happen..but someone will miss a lot of money because it cant. this system is screwed and i hope is the last year. it may not end so bad but i can see how it could be a mess if the cards fall right.

Jagger69

FSU played a quality team yesterday in Miami. If you think not, you haven't watched them play.

i agree bodie...that is the top 4 teams anyway you spin it. bama should play fla st....oregon should play miss st...and the 2 winners should play six qtrs:chickendance:

The playoff is starting to come into focus. Kirk Herbstreit showed his bias earlier this week by ranking Ohio State 4th. Yes, they have just 1 loss, but to a 5-5 team. Honestly, I’ve gotten to where I just hate Herbstreit. Lee Corso is a true dumbass, but at least he’s entertaining.

Miss State: I suspected State would fall no lower than 4th and I was right. They have 2 games left, Vandy and Ole Miss. I don’t see them losing either.

FSU: Who knows what they’ll do. They keep flirting with disaster with their first half woes, which is either poor playing, or a QB that is shaving points. You be the judge.

Oregon: 2 easy wins ahead followed by what should be a not too hard win in the PAC-12 game.

Alabama: 1 easy win is next followed by the always unpredictable Iron Bowl.

If the top 4 all win out, the SEC will have 2 teams in the playoff, but that could all be spoiled. Right now, Georgia is playing at their best, but needs Mizzou to take a loss in one of their final 2 games.

Now, the nightmare scenario for the SEC: Bama, or Miss State lose a game and the other loses the SEC game. The SEC could end up with no team in the final 4!

If one of the SEC teams falls out, who gets in. I hate to say it, but it could be Ohio State. TCU & Baylor are in the difficult position of not having a conference championship game, so the Buckeyes could leapfrog both. That would make Herbshit happy.

Jagger69

How can FSU be ranked third? They have won 26 games in a row. Did their semi-close win over an unranked Miami team really hurt them that much? This is ridiculous.

How can FSU be ranked third? They have won 26 games in a row. Did their semi-close win over an unranked Miami team really hurt them that much? This is ridiculous.

I was talking with someone who said the committee (except for Condi)was biased against Alabama. To a degree, I can't deny that. Outside of Alabama, Saban does not have a good reputation, nor is he well liked. However, it seems that bias has been replaced with FSU. Winston keeps getting into trouble and/or have multiple allegations thrown at him, and Fisher stubbornly defending him at every turn is not sitting well with university officials.

Jagger69

I was talking with someone who said the committee (except for Condi)was biased against Alabama. To a degree, I can't deny that. Outside of Alabama, Saban does not have a good reputation, nor is he well liked. However, it seems that bias has been replaced with FSU. Winston keeps getting into trouble and/or have multiple allegations thrown at him, and Fisher stubbornly defending him at every turn is not sitting well with university officials.

IMO, off-field issues should have no effect on rankings. Unless the player is suspended and it affects the scoreboard, what difference does it make in regard to performance on the gridiron? I am no FSU fan....I hate 'em in fact. However, to slide them behind 2 teams who already have lost this year while they remain undefeated (all other factors being equal, the margin of victory is moot in my book. The ability to win close games is the sign of a champion from my perspective) is unfounded and totally without merit.

It's becoming obvious that this 4-team format is not going to be inclusive enough to erase all doubt. If TCU, Baylor and Ohio State win out and get left out of the tournament with but a single loss to blemish their respective records, they will all have a strong case to make for the expansion of the format to an 8-team playoff. I would support that completely. How about others?

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
The playoff is starting to come into focus. Kirk Herbstreit showed his bias earlier this week by ranking Ohio State 4th. Yes, they have just 1 loss, but to a 5-5 team. Honestly, I’ve gotten to where I just hate Herbstreit. Lee Corso is a true dumbass, but at least he’s entertaining.

Miss State: I suspected State would fall no lower than 4th and I was right. They have 2 games left, Vandy and Ole Miss. I don’t see them losing either.

FSU: Who knows what they’ll do. They keep flirting with disaster with their first half woes, which is either poor playing, or a QB that is shaving points. You be the judge.

Oregon: 2 easy wins ahead followed by what should be a not too hard win in the PAC-12 game.

Alabama: 1 easy win is next followed by the always unpredictable Iron Bowl.

If the top 4 all win out, the SEC will have 2 teams in the playoff, but that could all be spoiled. Right now, Georgia is playing at their best, but needs Mizzou to take a loss in one of their final 2 games.

Now, the nightmare scenario for the SEC: Bama, or Miss State lose a game and the other loses the SEC game. The SEC could end up with no team in the final 4!

If one of the SEC teams falls out, who gets in. I hate to say it, but it could be Ohio State. TCU & Baylor are in the difficult position of not having a conference championship game, so the Buckeyes could leapfrog both. That would make Herbshit happy.

The only thing I disagree with you on is Mississippi State beating Ole Miss the Rebels have a better defense both teams will finish 10-2 and there will be Ohio State of all teams like you said leap frogging TCU and Baylor. I should be shot for this but GO Michigan.......Can't wait for Winston to get drafted as a FCU fan I am so tired of his shit. Time to grow the fuck up

IMO, off-field issues should have no effect on rankings. Unless the player is suspended and it affects the scoreboard, what difference does it make in regard to performance on the gridiron? I am no FSU fan....I hate 'em in fact. However, to slide them behind 2 teams who already have lost this year while they remain undefeated (all other factors being equal, the margin of victory is moot in my book. The ability to win close games is the sign of a champion from my perspective) is unfounded and totally without merit.

It's becoming obvious that this 4-team format is not going to be inclusive enough to erase all doubt. If TCU, Baylor and Ohio State win out and get left out of the tournament with but a single loss to blemish their respective records, they will all have a strong case to make for the expansion of the format to an 8-team playoff. I would support that completely. How about others?

I said it last year. A 4-team playoff is not enough, but as we all know, the powers that make these decisions are fucking stupid. If they weren't stupid, they wouldn't have waited until 2014 to start having a playoff. And, just the other day, I was reading an interview with one of these dipshits who was saying this 4 team system was perfect and didn't see any changes being made during the length of the contract they had with ESPN, which is 12 years.

The only way this will get fixed is for the university presidents to demand a change. TCU, Baylor & Ohio State can whine & bitch all they want, but these 3 schools won't be enough to influence an expansion to 8 teams. The fans need to get involved.

However, I think things would be different if the teams were different. Imagine 2 of teams vying for a shot weren't TCU & Baylor, but Texas & Oklahoma. Their sphere of influence and fan base is much greater. I believe it will take time, but at some point, it will happen.

Jagger69

Both the AP and USA Today polls have FSU, Alabama, Oregon, Mississippi State ranked 1-4 in that order. The commidiots decided they know better than the coaches and writers do. :facepalm:

The commidiots decided they know better than the coaches and writers do. :facepalm:

I'm with the commidiots on this one :D
Don't think FSU is the the best team in America. Recognize that they're the only unbeaten and the traditional polling value of that, but despite that, if I don't think they're the best team I can't rank them 1.

So long as Oregon and Alabama get to play each other at some point I'll be happy. Smoknn and I have been waiting forever for that showdown :D

Status
Not open for further replies.