• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014/2015 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you get the # 1 undefeated team in the nation and 7 points....what could possibly happen?? projected outcome.....bama by 2 touchdowns

Last edited:
if bama beats miss st and auburn were to upset bama. that is going to make one ugly picture in the west.

yep

i realize lsu kicking the last kick off out of bounds helped.

That was huge. So was the personal foul that backed them away from the goal line on their previous drive. A TD there instead of 3 points and it's probably all over.

i cant wait to see the line on #1 miss st next week. i am guessing bama -3...no cowbells allowed.........

-7 eh? Well, with the game at Alabama, and all the pressure on a Miss St program that isn't at all used to playing for something this huge, I can see that.

yep

That was huge. So was the personal foul that backed them away from the goal line on their previous drive. A TD there instead of 3 points and it's probably all over.

-7 eh? Well, with the game at Alabama, and all the pressure on a Miss St program that isn't at all used to playing for something this huge, I can see that.

i agree bodie...that is why i question the #1 ranking. bama would be a 7 point favorite over the Atlanta falcons it seems

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
i am one of them that think fla st should still be # 1. i admit they have had some bad games...that ended in a W. they have not lost since winning the NC so as far as i am concerned they still #1. maybe not. but give up 31 points to kentucky like miss st did. you are soon to be a proud owner of a L. when kentucky clips you for 31 points you are not top 5 material in my book. if bama beats miss st and auburn were to upset bama. that is going to make one ugly picture in the west.

I agree

One of the first rules, etched in stone, for the playoff system should be you have to win your conference to get in. If you have a tough conference, too bad.

i disagree completely ...i think we should have the best 4 teams shoot it out if they all from the same state. who would want to see a mismatch in a championship game? that is what this will bring

I disagree too. We could end up with a conference champion that has 3 or 4 losses. Nobody wants to see that team getting a playoff bid.

me and connor agree on something ding ding ding lights flashing lol
Dollar-slots.jpg

dont worry conner...when they wind up like you said with a 4 loss team in the playoffs...we can go watch family guy reruns at half time when it is about 38-0 . it will take care of itself if the cards unfold right

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
looking back to last year. i was one of the first ones to point out winstons arm after they beat clemson down. unlike a lot of college QBs that hinge on their legs....his arm alone carried him. it is sad to think a man with that kind of talent let 5000 dollars get in his way. you got to hide point shaving better than that. we all know that never happens in this game......:suspicious:

More investigations going on. Seems this friend of Winston has been making bets regularly. On FSU? That has yet to come out. Fishy when FSU has only covered the spread twice this season and has a propensity to be down at the half.

More investigations going on. Seems this friend of Winston has been making bets regularly. On FSU? That has yet to come out. Fishy when FSU has only covered the spread twice this season and has a propensity to be down at the half.

Winston would have to be an absolutely certifiable moron to risk his future on something this small potatoes. But then again, maybe he is? :dunno:

Interesting betting lines this week:
Alabama has quickly jumped to -8 1/2 from an opening - 7
Arkansas favored by 2 over LSU
Florida State only -2 vs Miami (what say ye, Jagger?)
Georgia -2 1/2 vs Auburn - It's going to be hard for me to resist backing Auburn straight up here. What do you think Conner? Will they be too dispirited to play their best? 'Cause I definitely think they're the better team.

Georgia -2 1/2 vs Auburn - It's going to be hard for me to resist backing Auburn straight up here. What do you think Conner? Will they be too dispirited to play their best? 'Cause I definitely think they're the better team.

“Dispirited” is not the word I’d use.

I'm not a fan of Ellis Johnson’s defensive philosophy of “bend, don’t break”. This is the same dumbass mentality that TCU and Baylor use. And, sooner or later, it will bite you in the ass.

I’m also not a fan of Nick Marshall. Sure, he’s a great running QB, but he can’t pass for shit. Too many of his completions come from receivers making acrobatic catches.

Auburn may be better than Georgia, but:
1) This year, they play at Georgia
2) Gurley will be back
3) Georgia is hungry for revenge after the way they lost last year

If Auburn is gonna win, their defense needs to play their best game of the year, and the AU offense needs to stop making so many damn turnovers.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Florida State only -2 vs Miami (what say ye, Jagger?)

I say it's a strong indication that a lot of bettors smell an upset just like I do. I have watched the Hurricanes develop and mature over the past half-dozen games and they appear to have some of that swagger back. Their team speed is off the charts, the defense has really started to jell, Kaaya looks like a junior or senior out there instead of a true frosh, Walford is an absolute beast at TE and Duke Johnson would be in the Heisman discussion if Miami's record was better. This game is always a street fight no matter the records and this year the Canes have by far the best and deepest talent level since the sanctions were imposed. I wish the spread was a bit wider....say, 4 points but I see perhaps another "wide right" scenario emerging....especially if Winston is shaving points (surely he won't be dumb enough to do that this week, right? RIGHT???....LOL). You let Miami hang around through the second half and they can definitely beat you. Still, I would not touch this game with Miami being a 2 point dog at home. The game will either be a very close win by either team or an FSU blowout. I'd rather have 4 points.

I say it's a strong indication that a lot of bettors smell an upset just like I do. I have watched the Hurricanes develop and mature over the past half-dozen games and they appear to have some of that swagger back. Their team speed is off the charts, the defense has really started to jell, Kaaya looks like a junior or senior out there instead of a true frosh, Walford is an absolute beast at TE and Duke Johnson would be in the Heisman discussion if Miami's record was better. This game is always a street fight no matter the records and this year the Canes have by far the best and deepest talent level since the sanctions were imposed. I wish the spread was a bit wider....say, 4 points but I see perhaps another "wide right" scenario emerging....especially if Winston is shaving points (surely he won't be dumb enough to do that this week, right? RIGHT???....LOL). You let Miami hang around through the second half and they can definitely beat you. Still, I would not touch this game with Miami being a 2 point dog at home. The game will either be a very close win by either team or an FSU blowout. I'd rather have 4 points.

Winston's hearing is after the Miami game (His lawyer is trying to delay it). I'm not really rooting for him to win or lose the hearing, but I certainly don't want to see this shit drag on for even longer, so I do want to see him lose the delay.

With that in mind, imagine if he loses the hearing, FSU goes in against Florida without Winston. The betting on that game would be outrageous.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I'm not saying he's going back to Gainesville, but getting killed in your own house by a bear is awfully Florida of Bob Stoops. If you've seen Bob Stoops naked, you know that's not the first time he's been embarrassed at home. Called Coach Switzer after that game. He said "Baylor? I barely know her! And also Dog the Bounty Hunter's still looking for me." I'm just happy the people of Norman finally got to see Art that wasn't that poster of dogs playing poker.

Shoulda been a flag on that play though. Alabama law's very clear on "no butt stuff." You're gay, but that's cool now for Auburn.

Wake Forest is the easy Sudoku puzzle of the ACC, so it's no wonder it took Dabo three hours to figure it out.

Lose to a gopher like that and a golf course should blow up, Kirk Ferentz. The Iowa version of Charlotte's Web is two pages long and the ending ain't great for Wilbur. Best to think of the Iowa offense as your divorced dad - some Saturdays he's showing up, some he ain't. That scene with Peter Stormare feeding Kirk Ferentz into a wood chipper was rough, but I trust the Coen Brothers when they wanna take me somewhere I don't normally go. Hard to look at Kirk Ferentz's contract and believe Iowa lost a fight for an unmovable pig. Lose to Minnesota by that many points and you better see Kevin Garnett and Stephon Marbury on the opposite bench.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.../hatin-ass-spurrier-has-seen-bob-stoops-naked

i declare this...shut up and watch week. i see nothing that dont look like a alligator with his mouth open waiting on your head. or watch out...this could well be reverse sucker bet week.

If Auburn is gonna win, their defense needs to play their best game of the year, and the AU offense needs to stop making so many damn turnovers.

Ok thanks for your input. Sounds like I would be wise to exercise caution. Will stay loose and only bet a deuce.

So I see the playoff pollsters dropped FSU to #3 (Jimbo is NOT pleased lol) and jumped TCU over 'Bama. But then the Tide would have had to win Saturday to stay in the top four anyway, so.....

UCLA is up to number 11? :dunno: Well, they have looked a lot better their last two games, Hundley's not playing as timidly as he was, and they are 6 and 0 on the road this year (Arizona State, Washington, California, Colorado, Virginia, Texas).....but still.....I'm not seeing it :dunno:
If they beat USC and Stanford then ok they probably deserve a top ten ranking. But that's going to be a tall chore, even with Stanford having regressed some this year.

fla st drops to 3...tcu bounces past bama.....reely kevin???

they can put bama where they like. they cant starve them out. if they dont get beat they get another NC. big IF but they can only shut themselves out. TCU gave up 61 points to baylor. they dont belong in the top ten with defense like that. regardless of where they put bama or fla st. no excuse exist for giving up 61 points

i saw someone post this and it made me happy

1 Mississippi State 9-0
2 Oregon 9-1
3 Florida State 9-0
4 TCU 8-1
Mfw+it+landed+after+six+and+a+half+hour+_0c7aa63d80835a2970820b60dae9c517.gif

5 Alabama 8-1

... So I see the playoff pollsters dropped FSU to #3 (Jimbo is NOT pleased lol) and jumped TCU over 'Bama. But then the Tide would have to win Saturday to stay in the top four anyway, so.....

they can put bama where they like. they cant starve them out. if they dont get beat they get another NC. big IF but they can only shut themselves out. TCU gave up 61 points to baylor. they dont belong in the top ten with defense like that. regardless of where they put bama or fla st. no excuse exist for giving up 61 points

FSU to #3: That really makes no sense given they are undefeated. It makes me wonder if the point shaving story had some influence.

Baylor: TCU & Baylor are both are 8-1. TCU lost to Baylor, and the committee puts a lot of emphasis on head-to-head, so how can they justify TCU being ranked 3 spots ahead of them? That makes no sense.

Alabama: They are ranked just fine. There is no way they can be shut out of the playoff if they win out with games against Miss St and Auburn, but that's a big IF. Over their last 5 games, they played like total shit in 4 of them. Even the 14 point win over Tennessee looked horrible. On paper, they should have no chance to win against Miss State, but Saban is good with game preparation, so this is Bama's biggest game of the year.

Jimbo Fisher & Jameis Winston: It really irritates the piss out of me the way Jimbo doggedly defends Winston considering how much shit Winston has gotten into. I also just read that Winston's hearing was delayed until December 1 (why are they kissing the ass of this punk child). Jimbo is really taking a huge risk if Winston loses that hearing. His reputation will take a real beating if Winston doesn't win.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
This committee is totally fucked up. It appears that, since both Baylor and TCU are 8-1, TCU gets the higher seed because their loss was to a higher ranked opponent than Baylor's was!! So Baylor gets penalized for being better than West Virginia even though they beat TCU??? Why doesn't head-to-head matter more than strength of schedule?

I have no rooting stake in either one of those schools but this make absolutely zero sense to me. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.