• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014/2015 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with the commidiots on this one :D
Don't think FSU is the the best team in America. Recognize that they're the only unbeaten and the traditional polling value of that, but despite that, if I don't think they're the best team I can't rank them 1.

So long as Oregon and Alabama get to play each other at some point I'll be happy. Smoknn and I have been waiting forever for that showdown :D

you know bodie...that would have been a showdown for the past 5 years. but how about ohip st and miss st? yep...you heard it here first. i have to agree with curb herbstreet on that one...i think ohio st squeaks in. IF<<< i did say if...let me stress that. fla beats fla st like my crystal ball said 2 weeks ago. if it happens that way i expect many claps here lol

give em hell alabammer.........
dang wrong video...but this one will do i guees

Last edited:
If one of the SEC teams falls out, who gets in. I hate to say it, but it could be Ohio State. TCU & Baylor are in the difficult position of not having a conference championship game, so the Buckeyes could leapfrog both. That would make Herbshit happy.

yep...you heard it here first. i have to agree with curb herbstreet on that one...i think ohio st squeaks in. IF<<< i did say if...let me stress that. fla beats fla st like my crystal ball said 2 weeks ago. if it happens that way i expect many claps here lol

Actually, I said it first, 2 days before you, so if that happens, that clapping would be for me. :tongue:

Actually, I said it first, 2 days before you, so if that happens, that clapping would be for me. :tongue:

i meant florida beating florida st. vegas had the upset in the fix last week. now they are primed and ready. the fix is own. florida has had nothing to scream about since tebow. if fla st gets beat then i think ohio st will squeak in. i must say i would vote them before baylor or tcu. we will see

i meant florida beating florida st. vegas had the upset in the fix last week. now they are primed and ready. the fix is own. florida has had nothing to scream about since tebow. if fla st gets beat then i think ohio st will squeak in. i must say i would vote them before baylor or tcu. we will see

With Ohio State's loss coming against an overachieving 5-5 team, I would have to go with Baylor, but they obviously would have to win out, and they still have a ranked team left on the schedule. K-State. Also, TCU has struggled in 3 games and they lost to Baylor.

Here's something interesting. ESPN conducted a poll of FBS coaches and what type of playoff they prefer:

44% - 8-team playoff
29% - 4-team playoff
17% - 16-team playoff

With Ohio State's loss coming against an overachieving 5-5 team, I would have to go with Baylor, but they obviously would have to win out, and they still have a ranked team left on the schedule. K-State. Also, TCU has struggled in 3 games and they lost to Baylor.

Here's something interesting. ESPN conducted a poll of FBS coaches and what type of playoff they prefer:

44% - 8-team playoff
29% - 4-team playoff
17% - 16-team playoff

i think you have to consider ohio st loss was back in sept. even with that cupcake schedule they have had. they seem to have a much better defense than baylor or tcu. both have been scorched for 50 + points this year in a single game. to weak defensively to match up with anything i see in the top 4. and..back through history ohio st has shined much more than tcu or baylor. personally i dont think either will make it past the 1st round.

i think you have to consider ohio st loss was back in sept. even with that cupcake schedule they have had. they seem to have a much better defense than baylor or tcu. both have been scorched for 50 + points this year in a single game. to weak defensively to match up with anything i see in the top 4. and..back through history ohio st has shined much more than tcu or baylor. personally i dont think either will make it past the 1st round.

I would agree that more than likely they don't get past the first round. but I think they would give a more interesting game. With FSU playing stinky in the first half all year. how many points could either hang on them? Would it be insurmountable?

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I'm with the commidiots on this one :D
Don't think FSU is the the best team in America. Recognize that they're the only unbeaten and the traditional polling value of that, but despite that, if I don't think they're the best team I can't rank them 1.

So long as Oregon and Alabama get to play each other at some point I'll be happy. Smoknn and I have been waiting forever for that showdown :D

Oh, now there's an objective viewpoint! :1orglaugh

FSU is the reigning champ, is undefeated this season and has won 26 straight games. To have them ranked 3rd against 2 teams with losses this season is just silly. Hell, Oregon has already demonstrated that they aren't even a better team than Arizona and Alabama has done likewise versus Ole Miss. Strength of schedule you say? Alabama has played Southern Miss, FAU and they tee it up against some poor school looking for a payday called Western Carolina today while Oregon has played South Dakota and Wyoming (at least the 3rd out-of-conference game was against the Spartans....props for that). FSU's only cupcake on their schedule was The Citadel and they played Notre Dame and will play Florida as their other out-of-conference foes. There's no way a case can be made at this point in the season that Alabama and Oregon deserve a higher rank than FSU.

Sorry but until someone beats the champ, they is the champ. And remember, I despise FSU.

44% - 8-team playoff
29% - 4-team playoff
17% - 16-team playoff

I'd go for the 8-team format. :thumbsup:

Sat 9/20 Florida Florida W 42 - 21
Sat 10/4 Mississippi @ (11) Mississippi L 17 - 23
Sat 10/11 Arkansas @ Arkansas W 14 - 13
Sat 10/18 Texas A&M (21) Texas A&M W 59 - 0
Sat 10/25 Tennessee @ Tennessee W 34 - 20
Sat 11/8 LSU @ (16) LSU W 20 - 13
Sat 11/15 Mississippi St. (1) Mississippi St. W 25 - 20 starting with florida bama had a 7 game stretch they were damn lucky to get through with one loss. i dont think a team this year could have did any better. actually 8 counting auburn. and yea they had a couple cupcakes. but after the 7 dog fights they just had. i think it was time for a cupcake before auburn

Oh, now there's an objective viewpoint! :1orglaugh

:1orglaugh You're right of course, the part about me and smoknn having a chance to duke it out isn't objective :D

But my reasons for thinking FSU isn't the nation's best team are legit.

Latest case in point:

Florida State 20 Boston College 17 :flaccid:

FSU is the reigning champ, is undefeated this season and has won 26 straight games.

All I care about is this season. Yes they've won 26 straight games. Yes last season they were dominant. That's just great. But what have they done THIS season? Where is that dominance now? Where is a signature win of some kind? Barely squeaking by Clemson, Louisville, Notre Dame and Boston College isn't cutting it for me. Despite having each lost a game, the overall quality of Alabama and Oregon's play this year has been better than FSU's. The SEC west is a monster. I'm not even sure FSU could beat Arkansas at this point.

Oregon has already demonstrated that they aren't even a better team than Arizona

Oh pshaw. Oregon's O line was decimated the week they lost to Arizona. The Ducks have bounced back strongly since.

they [FSU] played Notre Dame

......who barely beat North Carolina, got pasted by Zona State, lost to Northwestern :1orglaugh, and now to Louisville......

There's no way a case can be made at this point in the season that Alabama and Oregon deserve a higher rank than FSU.

I understand your reasoning. I just don't agree with it. For me (and the other commidiots :D) undefeated does not necessarily = best.
And as the reigning Freeones Bowl Challenge Champion :nanner: .......I think I have rightfully earned the final say :tongue: lol ;)

:1orglaugh You're right of course, the part about me and smoknn having a chance to duke it out isn't objective :D

But my reasons for thinking FSU isn't the nation's best team are legit.

Latest case in point:

Florida State 20 Boston College 17 :flaccid:

FSU is the reigning champ, is undefeated this season and has won 26 straight games.

All I care about is this season. Yes they've won 26 straight games. Yes last season they were dominant. That's just great. But what have they done THIS season? Where is that dominance now? Where is a signature win of some kind? Barely squeaking by Clemson, Louisville, Notre Dame and Boston College isn't cutting it for me. Despite having each lost a game, the overall quality of Alabama and Oregon's play this year has been better than FSU's. The SEC west is a monster. I'm not even sure FSU could beat Arkansas at this point.

Oregon has already demonstrated that they aren't even a better team than Arizona

Oh pshaw. Oregon's O line was decimated the week they lost to Arizona. The Ducks have bounced back strongly since.

......who barely beat North Carolina, got pasted by Zona State, lost to Northwestern :1orglaugh, and now to Louisville......

There's no way a case can be made at this point in the season that Alabama and Oregon deserve a higher rank than FSU.

I understand your reasoning. I just don't agree with it. For me (and the other commidiots :D) undefeated does not necessarily = best.
And as the reigning Freeones Bowl Challenge Champion :nanner: .......I think I have rightfully earned the final say :tongue: lol ;)
FSU is definitely not the same team as last year. And, calling the Notre Dame win significant is silly. I said before the season began, they were gonna take a few losses. You can't lose several players before you even play a game and think you can easily fill their shoes. Yes, they started 6-0, but it was against weak competition, except for Stanford, who just had a really off day.

I don't believe FSU can beat Alabama.
I don't believe FSU can beat Oregon.
I doubt FSU could beat TCU.
I doubt FSU could beat Baylor.
I do think they could beat Ohio State as the Buckeyes have a tendency to fold when it really counts.

undefeated does not necessarily = best
Exactly. If it did mean best, Marshall would be ranked #2 behind FSU.

FSU is definitely not the same team as last year. And, calling the Notre Dame win significant is silly. I said before the season began, they were gonna take a few losses. You can't lose several players before you even play a game and think you can easily fill their shoes. Yes, they started 6-0, but it was against weak competition, except for Stanford, who just had a really off day.

I do think they could beat Ohio State as the Buckeyes have a tendency to fold when it really counts.

FSU has had many injures all year. Several FSU starters are playing injured, and I really don't care who we play in the playoff. All the teams you named can easily be beaten by a health FSU, since we will each team will get about month off before the start of the playoff.

Jagger69

All I care about is this season. Yes they've won 26 straight games. Yes last season they were dominant. That's just great. But what have they done THIS season?

They've won every game they've played....which is more than Oregon or Alabama can say.

An excuse for losing? Please!!! All teams face injuries. You lost the game. You have to deal with it.

Let's talk about North Dakota then, OK?

An honest statement that shows your personal bias very clearly. I rest my case.

FSU is definitely not the same team as last year. And, calling the Notre Dame win significant is silly.

Compared to North Dakota or Western Carolina? Now who's being silly, Connor?

Oh c'mon! It doesn't matter what you believe would happen, it matters what does happen. This is college football....anything can happen. That's why they play the games. (Want more pertinent cliches?). Good God, this needs to be objective, doesn't it? I mean, isn't that supposed to be the whole point?

So teams with a loss have somehow demonstrated their superiority? Please elaborate. If losses don't matter, what measuring stick are you using....just your personal opinion on who is better regardless of results on the field? Well....if so, maybe you're right after all because this stupid committee agrees with you....contrary to both major polls.

This whole thing is a fucking joke and anyone who takes personal bias into account when making these arguments simply proves my statement. I don't give a flying fuck about FSU but, right now, by any reasonable objective criteria, they should be #1. If anyone has an objective argument to prove otherwise, I'm all ears. So far all I hear are opinions.

i see bodies point. in my heart i can think of 5 or 6 teams that would give FSU a run for the money. but by the same token they have yet to lose since winning the NC. the first mistake was when they dropped fla st to start with. personally i dont think they have the best team..but on paper it is hard to argue that point. been a long time since ohio st had anything to scream about as well. (i am not saying anything...i am just saying) since today half of bamas team is on crutches. i dont know how bad any of them were hurt. but i never seen bama players go down like they did today. worst of all...9 got hurt. GOD i hope he just stumped his toe? i got to go read up. to be cont.................

update::: cooper is good to go..bruised knee. saban said he wanted back in today but they decided to rest him. now i will get me some beauty sleep .............

They've won every game they've played....which is more than Oregon or Alabama can say.

An excuse for losing? Please!!! All teams face injuries. You lost the game. You have to deal with it.

Let's talk about North Dakota then, OK?

An honest statement that shows your personal bias very clearly. I rest my case.

Compared to North Dakota or Western Carolina? Now who's being silly, Connor?

Oh c'mon! It doesn't matter what you believe would happen, it matters what does happen. This is college football....anything can happen. That's why they play the games. (Want more pertinent cliches?). Good God, this needs to be objective, doesn't it? I mean, isn't that supposed to be the whole point?

So teams with a loss have somehow demonstrated their superiority? Please elaborate. If losses don't matter, what measuring stick are you using....just your personal opinion on who is better regardless of results on the field? Well....if so, maybe you're right after all because this stupid committee agrees with you....contrary to both major polls.

This whole thing is a fucking joke and anyone who takes personal bias into account when making these arguments simply proves my statement. I don't give a flying fuck about FSU but, right now, by any reasonable objective criteria, they should be #1. If anyone has an objective argument to prove otherwise, I'm all ears. So far all I hear are opinions.

I wasn't saying they don't deserve to be in the final 4. I was only illustrating that they are not the dominant team they were last year. And, I believe Winston is to blame:

1. allegedly raped a girl while in high school, but school covered it up
  2. Took part in a BB and pellet-gun shooting match that caused $4,200 worth of damage to an apartment building. Also lied to police about this incident by saying they were just shooting at squirrels.
  3. allegedy raped an FSU student
  4. used a Burger King soda fountain without paying and continued using it after an employee repeatedly told him to stop. Police were called, but owner decided not to prosecute.
  5. caught on video shoplifting crab legs from a Tallahassee supermarket.
  6. reported by fellow students for jumping on a table and screaming obscenities
  7. allegedly took money for signing autographs
  8. newspaper article published in which many of his hometown residents stated that his parents and high school coaches/teachers let him do anything he wanted
  9. allegedly involved in point shaving

And, this is just what we know about. Even if Winston does get thrown out of school, they still should be in the playoff, if they win out, but Florida and G-Tech have a shot.

i just realized FSU still had to play ga tech. i have had florida pick to beat fla st 2 weeks. but IF they dont..ga tech is playing good enough to be in the top 5 right now. and as some one mentioned a few pages back....here comes ark. on a white horse. i say take the top 8 teams in the poll and play them off just like the nfl. if you cant make it in the top 8....go by a ticket and cry. you can take it from my crystal ball....ark. would be hard to beat in a playoff game at this point in the race. keep in mind bama only beat them by 1 point and smoknns finger nail.............

Jagger69

I wasn't saying they don't deserve to be in the final 4. I was only illustrating that they are not the dominant team they were last year. And, I believe Winston is to blame:

2. Took part in a BB and pellet-gun shooting match that caused $4,200 worth of damage to an apartment building. Also lied to police about this incident by saying they were just shooting at squirrels.
  4. used a Burger King soda fountain without paying and continued using it after an employee repeatedly told him to stop. Police were called, but owner decided not to prosecute.
  8. newspaper article published in which many of his hometown residents stated that his parents and high school coaches/teachers let him do anything he wanted

And, this is just what we know about. Even if Winston does get thrown out of school, they still should be in the playoff, if they win out, but Florida and G-Tech have a shot.

And all this has to do with how the teams should be ranked? :dunno:

Look, I'm not going to beat this into the ground and if FSU loses a game I'll be the first one to say that they should drop in the rankings (personally, I think Alabama has the best overall team but what I think doesn't matter. It has to be proven on the field and, so far, it hasn't been). If personal bias is being taken into account (and, after all, it obviously is when you look at the polls versus what the commidiots have come up with), how can FSU be ranked ahead of Mississippi State? Their only loss is to the #1 team....maybe the Bulldogs should be ranked 2nd? How does Oregon's performance trump theirs? :quack: If being undefeated in a major conference is irrelevant, maybe FSU doesn't even deserve to be in the top 4? Baylor and TCU only have one loss each....maybe they are better than Florida State too? Hmmm....could be, you never know. I think maybe they are. Yeah, that's it. :facepalm: :surprise:

It's all sheer speculation....makes zero sense to me. What a fiasco this is. Makes the BCS look brilliant by comparison.

If FSU loses a game I will put the blame on Jimbo Fisher. We should be running the hurry against Florida and Georgia Tech. If FSU gains a +10 lead against Florida and/or Georgia Tech the game is probably over. Both teams are not fast scoring offenses, and FSU has the most talented secondary in the country.

All of the evidence is on Winston's side in his rape allegation. ESPN has retracted its Winston's sign autographs story. The point shaving story is BS journalism, one high school teammates made a bet on one of Winston's games, so then the incompetent national media, jumped to the conclusion that Winston was point shaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.