• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2013/2014 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just foolish.

Andre Williams ran for 149 yards on FSU, and Tre Mason is much better than him. Add in the fact that Auburn is stacked deep with runners, and the NC game could look like the SEC game, a shootout.

I'll be the first to admit that Auburn's defense is suspect, but it is an SEC defense and really, FSU is untested. BCU hung 34 on them and they ended their season with 5 losses.

Their signature win of the season, Clemson? I said at the start of the season Clemson was overrated and they certainly showed it.

What I would like to see is Auburn's backup QB get in the game on a few plays. When it comes to passing, he is much better than Marshall.

That BCU score was the beginning of the season with a new defense. And we been putting out NFL stars on defense for decades, so stop with the SEC defense nonsense. Your 95th ranked defense and is going against the 1 ranked offense. That Clemson team is very talented and beat a healthy Georgia unlike Auburn. We're loaded with NFL that's why the betting line is increasing. We've much more versatile personnel then Alabama. If we played Auburn this week, I would be worried, but with are playing them on January 6, 2014.

Duke secondary is better than Auburn's secondary. Winston is the best against the blitz in the country. Our offense should be much more explosive when we play on January 6, 2014. Auburn is going to have gamble throughout the game, so they can stop the 2nd most productive offense in NCAA history. Our defense was designed to stop spread offenses. We have much more versatile defensive personnel than Alabama or Missouri. Auburn's offense doesn't worry me.

i understand fla st. had the 76th ranked schedule in the ncaa this year. would you not expect that? i got a feeling fla st will be a different team looking at tail lights. if duke can keep you from pay dirt 1 qtr. they better bring more than that against auburn. and i am going to go ahead and say this . Alabama dont give a rats ass about beating okl. they dont belong there and they know it. they may not even show up. after the NC game we will all SEE why. imo mizoo and bama is better than fla st. i may be wrong? we will know jan 6. they both kept you on the edge of your seat against auburn. lets see how fla st weighs in. they havnt played a team almost as talented as auburn this year.

Last edited:
Duke secondary is better than Auburn's secondary. Winston is the best against the blitz in the country. Our offense should be much more explosive when we play on January 6, 2014. Auburn is going to have gamble throughout the game, so they can stop the 2nd most productive offense in NCAA history. Our defense was designed to stop spread offenses. We have much more versatile defensive personnel than Alabama or Missouri. Auburn's offense doesn't worry me.

i earned the title ,nick,code name RED FACE with comments like that on this board....now i will cast a code name (chief rain in the face) lmao:jk: i been taking bullets for winston all year. but he is only one man. how far they get depends 21 other men that has to play at his level. and after saturday....i dont think they do. the qb plays a big role but he cant do it all.

That BCU score was the beginning of the season with a new defense. And we been putting out NFL stars on defense for decades, so stop with the SEC defense nonsense. Your 95th ranked defense and is going against the 1 ranked offense. That Clemson team is very talented and beat a healthy Georgia unlike Auburn. We're loaded with NFL that's why the betting line is increasing. We've much more versatile personnel then Alabama. If we played Auburn this week, I would be worried, but with are playing them on January 6, 2014.
Try to get your stats right. FSU's offense is not ranked 1st, it's ranked 3rd, and that was done against a weak schedule.

i understand fla st. had the 76th ranked schedule in the ncaa this year. would you not expect that? i got a feeling fla st will be a different team looking at tail lights. if duke can keep you from pay dirt 1 qtr. they better bring more than that against auburn. and i am going to go ahead and say this . Alabama dont give a rats ass about beating okl. they dont belong there and they know it. they may not even show up. after the NC game we will all SEE why. imo mizoo and bama is better than fla st. i may be wrong? we will know jan 6. they both kept you on the edge of your seat against auburn. lets see how fla st weighs in. they havnt played a team almost as talented as auburn this year.
I have to agree that Alabama as a whole won't have any emotional investment in this game. Although, the one thing that might save them is McCarron. Oklahoma is overrated and McCarron is not going to want to finish his career with 2 straight losses. You might see him running up and down the sidelines trying to inspire some spark of caring whether they win.

I don't see this ending as a repeat of the 2009 Sugar Bowl. Utah was undefeated and they desperately wanted to show everyone that they could play top notch football against an elite team

On paper, Bama crushes Oklahoma by 40 or more, but I think this game will be close until the 4th quarter before Bama pulls it out.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Sorry, my friend. That is not going to happen, and you should feel badly for hoping it does.

I'd rather have all my teeth extracted one at a time by a drunk with a pair of rusty channel-locks than hope for ANYTHING good to happen to FSU. A pox on their team and that gawd-forsaken excuse for a town that they call home. I mean, their head coach's name is "Jimbo" for crissakes. :facepalm: That tells you all you need to know about Tallahassee. :1orglaugh

Try to get your stats right. FSU's offense is not ranked 1st, it's ranked 3rd, and that was done against a weak schedule.

Dude, you said Auburn had a SEC defense. Florida, Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, are ranked in top 20 in total defense. Auburn is not in their class, so you get your facts straight

i think we should use the lines in the bowl challenge this year. ....just saying

i think we should use the lines in the bowl challenge this year. ....just saying

Gentlemen, as much as I'd like to I won't be able to host The Bowl Challenge this year. My mother is very ill and I'll be on the road (and mostly off the internet, I expect) helping my brother take care of her. But if someone else is willing to host it it would be nice to keep the tradition alive, and I will try to participate by submitting my picks sometime between now and kickoff time.

The first bowl game is on 12/21, I believe.

Gentlemen, as much as I'd like to I won't be able to host The Bowl Challenge this year. My mother is very ill and I'll be on the road (and mostly off the internet, I expect) helping my brother take care of her. But if someone else is willing to host it it would be nice to keep the tradition alive, and I will try to participate by submitting my picks sometime between now and kickoff time.

sorry about your luck bud. it must be in the air. my dad is 89 and in the past two weeks its been like talking to a brick. good luck man. keep in touch

Jagger69

sorry about your luck bud. it must be in the air. my dad is 89 and in the past two weeks its been like talking to a brick. good luck man. keep in touch

I'm going through the same thing with my dad as well. Must be something in the air. Good luck, Bodie, ol' buddy....except at the the Alamo Bowl. ;) (actually, my guess is the Ducks spit-roast the Horns in Mack Brown's swan song).

Dude, you said Auburn had a SEC defense. Florida, Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, are ranked in top 20 in total defense. Auburn is not in their class, so you get your facts straight
Auburn has a defense, and they play in the SEC. Duh...

I said it before, they have holes, but FSU hasn't faced a physical defense that finds a way to win.

Unlike you, I'm not trying to say that my team can't lose. Either team could win this.

Hallelujah!!! Thanks for the memories, Mack!

http://tracking.si.com/2013/12/10/mack-brown-texas-step-down-coach/

Let the rumor-mill start grinding. I heard somewhere that Texas is Gus Malzahn's dream job.
You heard wrong. Texas might want to make a run at Malzahn if Saban gives them a snub. They've certainly raided Auburn's staff before, but this time it's different. It'll cost Texas $23.1 million to buy out his contract.

Why has no one mentioned the Heisman finalists? I see 2 mistakes:

1. 1) AJ McCarron - He doesn't belong in the top 60, let alone the top 6
  2. 2) Tre Mason - Yes, he is a great player and yes, I am an Auburn fan, but this was a real stretch. He was barely ranked in the top 20 for yards rushing and he get's an extra game, the SEC game. He got 304 yards against Mizzou which vaulted into 6th on the season, but I just don't see that he had a Heisman-worthy year. I think this was mainly done as a way to promote the NC game, 2 Heisman contenders squaring off against each other.

If they wanted 6 guys instead of 5 this year, they should have given that nod to Derek Carr, but seeing as how Jordan Lynch got in, they probably thought it wouldn't be right to have 2 guys from small schools. 1 is enough for them. Oh well, it's not like they were going to either of them win it.

Jagger69

You heard wrong. Texas might want to make a run at Malzahn if Saban gives them a snub. They've certainly raided Auburn's staff before, but this time it's different. It'll cost Texas $23.1 million to buy out his contract.

I'm not so sure, Connor. If the Board of Regents thought it was worth it, they'd flick that $23.1 million off their shoulder like it was a piece of lint. Thanks to their uber-rich alumni and the ridiculous deal they got from ESPN for the Longhorn Network, Texas has more money than any school in the nation (think about that every time you fill your car up) and, as the article says, the life expectancy of Auburn head coaches is not exactly reassuring. Frankly, I don't believe they will go after Malzahn although I think he'd be an excellent choice.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131203/gus-malzahn-auburn-tigers/

I'm not even sold they would want Saban either. I think their eyes may be looking much closer to home....Kevin Sumlin has not signed his contract extension with A&M yet....not sure what that means but, if I am him, I'm waiting to see who might come calling before I put my John Hancock on it. The Houston Texans might also be interested although owner Bob McNair has stated he wants a coach with prior NFL experience.

The rumors are running wild on talk radio here....Jim (and John) Harbaugh, Art Briles (my choice!), Jon Gruden, David Shaw, Jimbo Fisher (please NOOOOO!!!!)....hell, everyone except Knute Rockne. Should be a wild time as we await the coronation of the coach who will be designated to lead the University of Texas back to the promised land.

Auburn has a defense, and they play in the SEC. Duh...

I said it before, they have holes, but FSU hasn't faced a physical defense that finds a way to win.

Unlike you, I'm not trying to say that my team can't lose. Either team could win this.
You should thank Alabama kicker for missing 3 field goals, and Saban for not taking a chip shot FG. The Georgia game play was a fluke, but that happens. You play in SEC, but Auburn's defense is not close to defenses, I mentioned in my last post. We will see who's right on January 6, 2014.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
LOL....the curse is a myth but, hey, hats off to Auburn....they were the better team last night. Congratulations! And I gotta say that I still believe in Mizzou....I'm a fan, dammit! We'll be back....new kids on the block for all the SEC hard-liners but hopefully we gained some well-earned respect this season. We've got a lot of kids coming back, some really good underclassmen coming up, Beckham is finally blossoming into the dominant player is is destined to be and Mauk will be under center so we're going to be just fine in Columbia.

Commentary: Taking nothing away from the winners but that was one of the sloppiest defensive games by both sides of a championship game that I have ever seen. If Missouri had decided to abandon their "gotta establish the run" philosophy and just chucked the ball to Beckham or Washington in the end zone every time they got past midfield I bet they would have scored at least half the time. Also, what was Steckel thinking about by playing all those 3 and 4 man fronts all night?? Has he not watched enough film on Auburn to know that you have to at least slow down their running game if you want to beat them?? Auburn was able to run at 8-12-25 yards a clip whenever they wanted to! Why Missouri didn't put 8 in the box and dare Marshall to beat them with his arm is beyond me....they never even attempted a look like that all night! I'm sure it will be the hot topic on St. Louis talk radio tomorrow for sure. Alas....what could have been. :hairpull: :brick: Oh well, next year....

Now....go beat FSU, OK? Please???

They will never take the next step until Pinkel gets rid of every last crony. His loyalty to his shitty staff is just plain stubborn. Look what happened to the offense when he fired Dave Yost and brought in new blood at OC? IMO he needs to quit putting his buddies ahead of the program.

I'm going through the same thing with my dad as well. Must be something in the air. Good luck, Bodie, ol' buddy....

Thanks Jagger and smoknn. I'm sorry you're both going through this too. It's a real heartbreaker :(

(actually, my guess is the Ducks spit-roast the Horns in Mack Brown's swan song).

Ha yeah of courseI thought of you immediately when I saw that match up :)

It the Ducks are motivated I agree. But if they sleep walk through this (comparatively meaningless in light of their expectations) game the way they snoozed through the Arizona game Mack will go out a winner.

Regarding the bowls:

Michigan State (congrats Maildude) Stanford should be a heck of a game.
Tide should crush Oklahoma, but like smoknn I'm wondering if we'll see a repeat of the "who cares" effort we saw from 'Bama vs Utah.
Clemson/Ohio State is another interesting matchup. Thinking Clemson may be too fast and athletic for OSU, but you never know when the Tigers are going to throw in an absolute stinker.
Looking for Washington vs BYU to be a good, close game. Was planning to bet both teams no matter who they played so I'm disappointed they ended up playing each other.
LSU should beat Iowa.
Miss St should handle Rice.
UCLA has got the weapons to beat Va Tech, but not sure how motivated the Bruins will be over a minor bowl game on New Years eve in New Mexico.
USC should beat Fresno State, but wonder if the Trojans will be enthused at all about this game.
Like Washington State over Colorado State. Missouri over Oklahoma State. Utah State (if their QB heals up in time) vs Northern Illinois. Kinda like Oregon State against Boise State.
Florida State in the big game. smoknn called this one early on. Well done, sir :thumbsup:

I'm wondering how the rumor mill is churning in other parts of the country. Here in the heart of dixie, Bama fans are freaking out.

Saban got a contract extension a few months ago, but Bama offered him another last week in case Mack Brown leaves. However, that contract has been sitting on his desk since last Friday. Unsigned.

And, the local news reported that once Mack Brown makes it official that he's leaving, Saban can have the job.

The contract - $100 million over 10 years.

Jagger69

I'm wondering how the rumor mill is churning in other parts of the country. Here in the heart of dixie, Bama fans are freaking out.

Saban got a contract extension a few months ago, but Bama offered him another last week in case Mack Brown leaves. However, that contract has been sitting on his desk since last Friday. Unsigned.

And, the local news reported that once Mack Brown makes it official that he's leaving, Saban can have the job.

The contract - $100 million over 10 years.

We've heard similar reports here but rumors are swirling around a number of candidates and, personally, I don't believe that there is a lot of fan excitement for Saban. Kevin Sumlin has received his contract extension from A&M but he likewise hasn't signed his so that possibility is very intriguing. Art Briles and David Shaw are the other 2 names that keep resurfacing as well. Saban's tact might be to up the ante with Bama. I would doubt that Sumlin's would be similar....A&M knows they can't win a pissing match with UT.

Status
Not open for further replies.