• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014/2015 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me make this perfectly clear...that qb for ark is a no football throwing some beach.....that is all i got now.

fuck miss st they barely beat a no rank team

Arkansas is no joke. They only lost to Alabama by a point. Vastly improved team/program that shows just how deep that SEC west is.
I think Miss State is feeling the pressure of being number 1, too. Not a place they're remotely accustomed to being.

Weird game between UCLA and Arizona. Over 100 yards in penalties for the Bruins again. Best defensive scheme of the year by UCLA. 'Zona QB Solomon looked lost all night - wound up a stunningly bad 18 for 48. Bruin offense sputtered and coughed all night except for two quick back to back TDs. The scouts are right: Bret Hundley has not progressed as a QB from his soph year to his junior year.

Ducks finally got past Stanford :nanner:

Now, about the call at the end of the Auburn, Ole Miss game........ :wtf: I was rooting for Auburn but I gotta say I don't see how that call was reversed.

I am still around I just don't post very much but if everyone wants to have a bowl challenge again this year I will be more than happy to keep up with it again. I will leave it up to everyone else to decide.

... Now, about the call at the end of the Auburn, Ole Miss game........ :wtf: I was rooting for Auburn but I gotta say I don't see how that call was reversed.

I can tell you exactly why that call was reversed. The replay officials finally got one right!

So, if you’re questioning that call, I can only assume you watched a snippet of the play on Sports Center, instead of watching it live where it was replayed from several angles.

I watched the game with my dad (an Alabama fan) and he said it was a fumble.

Today, I talked with several friends (more Alabama fans), and although it truly pained them to admit it, they also agreed, it was a fumble.

The Auburn-Ole Miss game was called an elimination game, and next week, we’ll have more:

TCU vs Kansas State
This should be the most interesting of the week. How well can K-State’s defense stack up against TCU’s powerhouse offense?​
My pick: Kansas State

Ohio State vs Michigan State
OSU will certainly be the underdog here, but they should view this as a season-defining must-win. MSU could turn this into a blowout, but it will most likely look like a replay of their game from last year.​
My pick: Michigan State

Baylor vs Oklahoma
Yes, Okie has 2 losses, but they are in the same boat as Ohio State. They desperately need a win over a top team to salvage their season. Baylor’s offense against the Okie defense is a mismatch, but the Baylor defense is horrible. The score on this one could look like one from a basketball game.​
My pick: Baylor

Notre Dame vs Arizona State
Simply put, Notre Dame should win this with little trouble, but I have a feeling they’ll lose another game before the end of the season. Will this be the one?​
My pick: Arizona State in a squeaker

Oregon vs Utah
Oregon is not as good as it was last year, and Utah is certainly much better than their train wreck of a team from 2013. This one should be closer than the shellacking the Ducks handed them last year.​
My pick: Oregon

I am still around I just don't post very much but if everyone wants to have a bowl challenge again this year I will be more than happy to keep up with it again. I will leave it up to everyone else to decide.

Hello Rodger good to see you! :)
OK thanks let's see what some of the others have to say.
I'd like to see it happen but I'm not sure how many players we'd even have this year? Dirk is gone, and Jagger hasn't posted to this thread for quite a long time.

if you’re questioning that call, I can only assume you watched a snippet of the play on Sports Center, instead of watching it live where it was replayed from several angles.

Finally saw a really good slo mo replay of it today and the ball never broke the plane of the end zone. His right foot was already IN the end zone, but the ball itself had not broken the plane.

Ohio State vs Michigan State

If Ohio State plays the way they did against Penn State they have no shot here. But I imagine they'll pick it up for this game and it'll be a close battle. Still like MSU to win it.

Notre Dame vs Arizona State

Should be an interesting game. Was Notre Dame looking ahead to this game while having their hands full with Navy? If not they could be in for a rough time.
Obviously comparative scores can be misleading, but Notre Dame beat Stanford 17-14 at South Bend with a last second TD. 'Zona State beat Stanford 26-10 at Palo Alto.

Oregon is not as good as it was last year, and Utah is certainly much better than their train wreck of a team from 2013. This one should be closer than the shellacking the Ducks handed them last year.

Agree. Plus you've got a possible post Stanford letdown to consider. This game definitely worries me.

Arkansas is no joke. They only lost to Alabama by a point. Vastly improved team/program that shows just how deep that SEC west is.
I think Miss State is feeling the pressure of being number 1, too. Not a place they're remotely accustomed to being.

Weird game between UCLA and Arizona. Over 100 yards in penalties for the Bruins again. Best defensive scheme of the year by UCLA. 'Zona QB Solomon looked lost all night - wound up a stunningly bad 18 for 48. Bruin offense sputtered and coughed all night except for two quick back to back TDs. The scouts are right: Bret Hundley has not progressed as a QB from his soph year to his junior year.

Ducks finally got past Stanford :nanner:

i knew they could take stanford they just dont have that john wayne toughness we use to seeing out of them.

Conner you were spot on about the new system being worse than the last. i didnt fully understand till last night. when i look at the SEC west 4 of the best teams in the nation may be there. this wont work. i think they should take the SEC add about 10 or 15 teams and start a whole new league. yep this is messed up as a broke slinky...............

Conner you were spot on about the new system being worse than the last. i didnt fully understand till last night. when i look at the SEC west 4 of the best teams in the nation may be there. this wont work. i think they should take the SEC add about 10 or 15 teams and start a whole new league. yep this is messed up as a broke slinky...............

Adding too many teams is not a good idea. Right now, 14 seems to be just perfect. 16 is viable, but any more than that and you then run into the issue of either not playing everyone in your division, or not playing anyone from the other division.

At present, the best scenario we can hope for is there to be some controversy at the end of the season, so everyone sees that a 4 team playoff is just not sufficient. We need to go to 8 teams, or at least 6 teams where 1 & 2 would have a bye during the first week of playoffs.

Another thing I would like to see is the other conferences start adding teams to where they have 14 to 16 teams, and the NCAA pass a rule that says no team is eligible for the playoffs unless they play a full conference schedule. Someone needs to tell Notre Dame, they don't deserve special treatment.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Adding too many teams is not a good idea. Right now, 14 seems to be just perfect. 16 is viable, but any more than that and you then run into the issue of either not playing everyone in your division, or not playing anyone from the other division.

At present, the best scenario we can hope for is there to be some controversy at the end of the season, so everyone sees that a 4 team playoff is just not sufficient. We need to go to 8 teams, or at least 6 teams where 1 & 2 would have a bye during the first week of playoffs.

Another thing I would like to see is the other conferences start adding teams to where they have 14 to 16 teams, and the NCAA pass a rule that says no team is eligible for the playoffs unless they play a full conference schedule. Someone needs to tell Notre Dame, they don't deserve special treatment.

How about a rule that says that no out of conference games can be scheduled with 1-AA schools and that at least an even split of those games be played on the road? Too many schools pad their records with meaningless beatdowns against colleges willing to trade a slaughter on the road in exchange for a big payday. Not just the SEC either....all conferences are guilty of it.

i can see now the whole plan of all this was to stop the SEC dominance. i will say this and i am done to make a long story short. at the end of the year i want to see the best teams shoot it out for the title if they are all four from the same conference. i think we should have a 8 team playoff...decided by where you are ranked instead of conference champions. if you cant make it to the top 8 by the end of the year you dont deserve a chance at the glass ball. that is my story and i am stuck to it.

this BS has made my face mad ever since i figured out Exactly how they planned to decide the champions this year. this is fu-ked up as a football bat. looking at the sec east. if they didnt play another game....not 1 team that i see deserves any kind of shot at all to play for the NC. after mizz got smashed by Georgia and beat by Indiana. if they pulled off a upset they could have a inside shot. .....while bama..auburn..miss st..got tickets to the game. if you think the system we had was fuc-ed up. keep watching..............

i can see now the whole plan of all this was to stop the SEC dominance. i will say this and i am done to make a long story short. at the end of the year i want to see the best teams shoot it out for the title if they are all four from the same conference. i think we should have a 8 team playoff...decided by where you are ranked instead of conference champions. if you cant make it to the top 8 by the end of the year you dont deserve a chance at the glass ball. that is my story and i am stuck to it.
For the last 2 years, I said to keep the BCS rankings in place and at the end of the year, have the playoff with the top teams from the final poll.

The first playoff poll from last week was done fairly well, but at the end of the year, will that one be fair? Here's some potential issues:

3 members are current AD's: a potential conflict of interest
Tom Jernsted: whose background is basketball
Condoleezza Rice: Seriously... what the fuck!

The only members that I'm really okay with are Archie Manning and Steve Wieberg, and Archie is out till next year

Really I kind'a agree that this was all done to try and end the SEC's dominance, but the potential remains that 2 or possibly 3 SEC teams could make it. I don't think 3 will make it this year, but in the future, maybe. If that happens, look for the NCAA to make some knee-jerk rule changes like they did with the BCS on several occasions.

people cried their little eyes out because bama and lsu played for the NC. but deep down we all knew they were the best 2 teams at the time so everyone was satisfied. at game time it was standing room only. they may as well pull names out of a hat. this is BS. at this very moment what team in the SEC east deserves any kind of outside chance to play for the NC. and worse...by the end of the year they have 4 losses each. i love football enough i want to see the very best face off. this is much worse than it was. now we about to see what getting f-cked is all about

people cried their little eyes out because bama and lsu played for the NC. but deep down we all knew they were the best 2 teams at the time so everyone was satisfied. at game time it was standing room only. they may as well pull names out of a hat. this is BS. at this very moment what team in the SEC east deserves any kind of outside chance to play for the NC. and worse...by the end of the year they have 4 losses each. i love football enough i want to see the very best face off. this is much worse than it was. now we about to see what getting f-cked is all about
I'll agree that Bama & LSU were the 2 best teams at the time, but parts of your comment were just plain wrong.

First off, not everyone was satisfied. There were a lot of people outside the SEC that didn't want 2 SEC teams playing for it, especially when they had already played against each other in the regular season.

Secondly, Les Miles and a lot of LSU fans/alumni did not want to play Alabama a second time.

As for the disparity in the SEC East, the blame for that rests solely on the shoulders of Alabama. When Mizzou & AM were brought in, Mike Slive wanted to realign to make the east stronger. He wanted to move Auburn and LSU to the east, but Alabama pitched a fucking fit! Their view on this was they wouldn't get to play Auburn every year, which was truly stupid as they could have compromised by scheduling Auburn as their permanent East opponent.

maybe not everyone was satisfied but i didnt see any empty seats. anyway you spin it its messed up. this may turn me against football. it is kinda like winning a parlay board. i hope the SEC wins it the next ten years now. even if its tenn i will be pulling for them. in fact...with a close look. i can see how this could backfire in their face

maybe not everyone was satisfied but i didnt see any empty seats. anyway you spin it its messed up. this may turn me against football. it is kinda like winning a parlay board. i hope the SEC wins it the next ten years now. even if its tenn i will be pulling for them. in fact...with a close look. i can see how this could backfire in their face
Even with an 8 team playoff, the potential for controversy would exist. Weird scenarios such as;
the top 7 are picked and the committee pics #9 or #10 for the 8th spot.
we end up having a conference champion with 3 or 4 losses and not ranked in the top 10.​

My point is, every system is flawed in some way, but our current system is a hell of a lot better than any we've had in the past. As far as an 8 team playoff, unless there is major groundswell, I don't think we'll see it happen for at least 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.