• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2013/2014 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Nobody is talking about Auburn?

I guess we've all become desensitized by this type of thing. No shock or outrage coming from me, that's for sure. It's the state of college football these days. I would wager that any school that has a national championship contender is cheating at some level. Oh well....ho hum....it's the American way! :sleep:

Nobody is talking about Auburn?

I guess we've all become desensitized by this type of thing. No shock or outrage coming from me, that's for sure. It's the state of college football these days. I would wager that any school that has a national championship contender is cheating at some level. Oh well....ho hum....it's the American way! :sleep:

I was going to ask the same question, 'Diva, and then I read Jagger's response, and realised he's bang on the money.

Depressing.

Hey thanks a lot Chip Kelly, you piece of :baconsalt:

Here's hoping the Eagles go O and 16, and that Philly fans run you out of town with mulitiple cheesesteaks up your ass :thefinger :thefinger

Jagger69

Hey thanks a lot Chip Kelly, you piece of :baconsalt:

Here's hoping the Eagles go O and 16, and that Philly fans run you out of town with mulitiple cheesesteaks up your ass :thefinger :thefinger

Yeah. Talk about take the money and run! What'd he get as a punishment? A 2-year ban on coaching in the NCAA? What a joke! I don't think his offense translates well to the NFL anyway. Defenses at that level always catch up with that stuff anyway. Remember the "Run & Shoot"?? Where'd that go? :dunno:

Also, if I'm USC, I ain't at all happy that they didn't get a bowl ban. The NCAA is ridiculous.

Defenses at that level always catch up with that stuff anyway. Remember the "Run & Shoot"?? Where'd that go? :dunno:

It's concepts are still alive and well in the NFL today (spread formation, choice, go switch routes, etc.) It's just not run exclusively by teams anymore (thanks to the Zone Blitz).

The spread read-option Oregon ran has been successfully used by the 49ers with Kaepernick and I don't see why it can't work with the Eagles. Defenses will eventually catch up of course and those offenses will evolve.

Jagger69

It's concepts are still alive and well in the NFL today (spread formation, choice, go switch routes, etc.) It's just not run exclusively by teams anymore (thanks to the Zone Blitz).

I don't disagree with that. You definitely don't see teams running it as a standard offensive scheme ala the Houston Oilers or Atlanta Falcons of the early 1990s.

The spread read-option Oregon ran has been successfully used by the 49ers with Kaepernick and I don't see why it can't work with the Eagles. Defenses will eventually catch up of course and those offenses will evolve.

I don't disagree with that either. It could be effective for awhile. Long-term? I doubt it. Eventually, all strategies, both offensive and defensive become blended. I think the read-option will start to become a liability as a standard offensive scheme once a few QBs start to suffer serious injuries.

I don't disagree with that. You definitely don't see teams running it as a standard offensive scheme ala the Houston Oilers or Atlanta Falcons of the early 1990s.

I don't disagree with that either. It could be effective for awhile. Long-term? I doubt it. Eventually, all strategies, both offensive and defensive become blended. I think the read-option will start to become a liability as a standard offensive scheme once a few QBs start to suffer serious injuries.

If coaches are smart than they will find new ways to implement the offense in the NFL before defenses catch on. Things change over time and everyone finds ways to adapt to the changes.

Jagger69

What's everyone thing about this pre-season top 20 poll ranking?

Alabama
Arizona State
Baylor
Boise State
Clemson
Florida
Florida State
Fresno State
Georgia
Kansas State
Louisville
LSU
Miami (Fla.)
Michigan
Michigan State
Mississippi
Nebraska
Northern Illinois
Northwestern
Notre Dame

What's everyone thing about this pre-season top 20 poll ranking?

Alabama
Arizona State
Baylor
Boise State
Clemson
Florida
Florida State
Fresno State
Georgia
Kansas State
Louisville
LSU
Miami (Fla.)
Michigan
Michigan State
Mississippi
Nebraska
Northern Illinois
Northwestern
Notre Dame

The only thing I will say is that including Notre Dame in that list is incredibly generous.

sup football people....i want to start out this year with the same line...Utah beat Alabama in 2009...i just want to be the first one to point that out. now my modern day outlook.....you know what would be cool? what IF bama was leading the league in passing halfway through the season? i think aj has proved he can throw it and i dont remember a year we was as talented at receiver. i also want to say miss st sucks and they always will apparently. my team to watch this year is Clemson. i have a feeling when the smoke clears this year Clemson is going to be all in the way.

Their flashy 273 different uniform combos by Nike alone is responsible of three 4 star recruits per year.

if they ever figure out defense is a part of the game they will be hell. you just cant score 100 points on everyone you play. and if you are giving up 52 sooner or later you will wind up on the wrong end of that.

here is my top 5. 1 alabama (i have no choice they are defending champs) 2 Clemson 3 Oregon 4 ohio st 5 georgia this is ONLY preseason = fiction..not to be confused with fact! and one more thing...miss st sucks...and les miles is STILL a idiot.

if clemson beats georgia the first game. they will be hard to beat the rest of the year. even tho it is opening day. i think this is a key game for clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.