• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
i believe that having Albert will make the Angels a more attractive place for free agents. you know that for last 5 years of that contract he will be the DH. but if the Angels win a couple World Series they will have spent the money well. but don't forget getting CJ Wilson for the rotation is also big.

An American League team is the only place it makes even remote sense to give him a contract like this. I agree with your assessment in the short term but I have to believe that when he is 38, 39, 40...etc he will be a serious financial drain on the Angels. If he can lead them to a couple of World Championships prior to that, I agree....he may be worth it. If not....:eek:

Not a good week to be a Ranger fan. First you lose your ace pitcher to a division rival and then the guy who just helped St. Louis take the title away from you goes to the same team. It might be awhile before Texas recovers from this. :hairpull:

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Can I ask a question?
Where in the flying fuck is Tim McCarver a Hall-of-Fame broadcaster? Seriously. The man is absolutely brutal. Not only that, he has been absolutely brutal for decades. Yet, sure enough, this year's Ford Frick recipient...Tim Fucking McCarver.

Jagger69

Can I ask a question?
Where in the flying fuck is Tim McCarver a Hall-of-Fame broadcaster? Seriously. The man is absolutely brutal. Not only that, he has been absolutely brutal for decades. Yet, sure enough, this year's Ford Frick recipient...Tim Fucking McCarver.

Yeah I had the same reaction. Goes to show you that if you hang around long enough something good will come your way I guess. Maybe now he will retire.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Ryan Braun called. He wants his HGH and steroids that he didn't knowingly take back.

Jagger69

Ryan Braun called. He wants his HGH and steroids that he didn't knowingly take back.

In all fairness, it wasn't HGH or steroids. He tested positive for testosterone and he maintains (believe it or not!) that he is innocent. It would be a real step backwards for baseball if any ensuing investigation verifies his guilt. I sure hope not (and I'm no Brewer fan that's for sure!). Baseball has enough black eyes regarding PEDs.

On another note, the Brewers signed Aramis Ramirez today....a terrific pickup for the Brew Crew.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Aramis Ramirez signing with the Brewers makes me think that Milwaukee is letting Prince leave. Otherwise, they would have given Fielder the big contract. His upside is much greater than A-Ram's.

Come on to Chicago, big man! He's a poor man's Albert Pujols, but he's an upgrade over Carlos Peña.

In all fairness, it wasn't HGH or steroids. He tested positive for testosterone and he maintains (believe it or not!) that he is innocent. It would be a real step backwards for baseball if any ensuing investigation verifies his guilt. I sure hope not (and I'm no Brewer fan that's for sure!). Baseball has enough black eyes regarding PEDs.

Wasn't the testosterone tested out as artificial? That's a pretty bad thing and is something that's hard to explain away.

Maybe they frontload the contract?

If that's the case what's the stop Albert from just retiring or doing something to force them to trade him somewhere he more wants to be when he gets the overwhelming majority of his money early on?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Major trade alert!

Cincinnati gets:
Mat Latos

San Diego gets:
Edinson Volquez
Yonder Alonso
Yasmani Grandal
Brad Boxberger

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7...s-edinson-volquez-yonder-alonso-two-prospects

That is a rather large trade. And, it looks like Cincinnati gave up quite a bit, though three of those guys are prospects. One thing about prospects - they don't win pennants. Sure things do.
Alonso was not a very good left fielder (reminded me of Adam Dunn), and there was no way he was going to be playing first base - at least for a few years, with Votto there. If Votto leaves after 2013, I am sure the Reds can find someone to replace him. He is a great talent - but first base is the second easiest position to fill, after DH. Grandal is a good catching prospect...but the Reds have a good young catcher in Hanigan and a prospect readier than Grandal in Devon Meserosco. Boxberger is a relief prospect. Meh. Volquez has been frustrating the last couple of years. When he has not been hurt, he has had some rather brutal outings.
Meanwhile, I like what I see of Latos. Very young - the Reds will have him for a few more years - and he has had a rather good WHIP and Okay WAR the last couple of years. With a better ballclub, he would have won a lot more games. Cueto, Latos, Leake, Wood and Arroyo make a good rotation, with Homer Bailey and Chapman waiting to take over for whoever gets traded or hurt.

will suck again: astros, cubs, orioles, royals, mariners and padres
the Pirates will finally stop the years of losing by finishing over .500
the Yankees won't win the world series
the Rockies will the the surprise team in 2012

PlasmaTwa2

Darvish was supposed to announce who won the right to negotiate hours ago. Fuuuuuck.

PlasmaTwa2

Fuck, that pisses me off. Rogers finally decides to open up their wallets to get a pitcher who would have allowed us to genuinely compete and we get beaten by a team that has been in the World Series for two years. Goddamn it. Their bid was probably less than a thousand more than ours, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.