• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I'm actually pretty tired of people telling me that game 6 was the best WS game in history... 19 total runs, 28 hits, 5 errors and 3 blown saves? Give me a break with that. I can certainly say that it was one of the most exciting WS games I have ever seen due only to the general sloppiness and lack of quality pitching that made pretty much anything possible.

I would agree. I think what people are referring to as game #6 being "the greatest" is perhaps it being the most improbable and exciting. I mean, never in World Series history has a team come back from being 2 runs down in both the 9th and 10th innings....literally one pitch away from elimination in both instances....only to come back and win with a dramatic walk-off home run in the bottom of the 11th. I've been watching baseball for almost 50 years and I can tell you that I've never seen anything like it. It was a classic bound to be remembered forever in the rich and extensive history of baseball.

It's gonna take some getting used to, the Miami Marlins. And a new look.

If we sign anyone who is not old and on the cheap (ahem Javier Vazquez) I'll be happy. I really can't see Pujols going to Miami. Jose Reyes would be fantastic.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.

Jagger69

Heath Bell and Jose Reyes to Miami. All we need now is Albert Pujols. For once, we're spending money!

I heard Miami's offer was $18m for 9 years. That won't get it. Besides....does anyone want to tie up $20m-plus/yr. for 9 years on a guy who is (at least) 31 years old and already in decline. That's ridiculous....a 40 yo 1st baseman making $20m. :surprise:

Jagger69

^
Truth. He could have been elected as either a player or a broadcaster. And this is coming from a Cardinal fan.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
What I found remarkable about Santo is that he only got 43 percent of the votes tops from the writers. This shows that ex-jocks have more common sense than most writers, and that our perceptions of the dominance of players during their respective eras has evolved quite a bit in the last few years with a bunch of new stats that I cannot pronounce, but still respect. This also gives me hopes that Dave Concepcion will be recognized soon enough, as he was the most dominate at his position during the 1970s (The Wizard did not come until 1978).
I have hopes that Jim Kaat will keep climbing. He only got 10 votes this round...but the guy was one of the best fielding pitchers this side of Greg Maddox and did quietly have a rather solid career. It is truly too bad he did not live to see this.

I heard Miami's offer was $18m for 9 years. That won't get it. Besides....does anyone want to tie up $20m-plus/yr. for 9 years on a guy who is (at least) 31 years old and already in decline. That's ridiculous....a 40 yo 1st baseman making $20m. :surprise:

C'mon dude, don't ruin my moment lol.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Has anyone seen the new Miami Marlins logo, it is u-u-ugly:facepalm: They fuckin' serious with this?

pg2_e_marlinslogo_300.jpg

Jagger69

^
Yeah man, that is fucking awful!

Breaking news....Pujols signs with Angels for 10 years/$250 million. I hate to see Albert leave but that's just crazy. I'm glad the Redbirds didn't pony up for that kind of commitment. Hope you enjoy the money Albert. You can say goodbye to any statue next to Stan the Man now.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...-pujols-takes-10-year-deal-los-angeles-angels

They also inked C.J. Wilson.

http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/08/r...los-angeles-angels-for-five-years-75-million/

^
Yeah man, that is fucking awful!

Breaking news....Pujols signs with Angels for 10 years/$250 million. I hate to see Albert leave but that's just crazy. I'm glad the Redbirds didn't pony up for that kind of commitment. Hope you enjoy the money Albert. You can say goodbye to any statue next to Stan the Man now.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...-pujols-takes-10-year-deal-los-angeles-angels

They also inked C.J. Wilson.

http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/08/r...los-angeles-angels-for-five-years-75-million/

I woke up to this news. My first thought was fuck, the Twins play the Angles A LOT. Second thought was 10 years, are you serious? Third thought was I hope he absolutely falls off the face of the earth as a player and that the Twins beat the shit out of them consistently.

$250,000,000.00. Really???!?!?

Jesus Christ! A quarter of a billion dollars!? 25 million a year, I mean c;mon this is getting ridiculous!!

You'll remember A-Rod got pretty much the same exact deal when he switched to pinstripes. Garnett also got a similar deal in NBA when the Wolves signed him to a 10/$200M deal back in the day as well.

You'll remember A-Rod got pretty much the same exact deal when he switched to pinstripes. Garnett also got a similar deal in NBA when the Wolves signed him to a 10/$200M deal back in the day as well.

Yeah and it was equally ridiculous there too!! But I guess if the clubs get there money back in ticket sales, merchandise and a champion ship I guess its good money! But still they are getting paid the gross national product of a central american country! lol

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Jesus Christ! A quarter of a billion dollars!? 25 million a year, I mean c;mon this is getting ridiculous!!

Exactly, its been way out of hand for a long time, and everyone wonders why the small market teams have no chance year after year?

Status
Not open for further replies.