• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DH should be abolished, permanently, forever.

Why is it there, so a fatty like Fielder can be 40 and still swinging? An injury prone pussy like Morneau? Pujols?

And with all due respect to Thome - and yeah, we did get to see him knock #600 at Target - couldn't he at least be a 1st baseman?

It would also clean up the game a bit if a pitcher knew he had to pitch, if you catch my drift. :yesyes:

The DH should be abolished, permanently, forever.

Why is it there, so a fatty like Fielder can be 40 and still swinging? An injury prone pussy like Morneau? Pujols?

And with all due respect to Thome - and yeah, we did get to see him knock #600 at Target - couldn't he at least be a 1st baseman?

It would also clean up the game a bit if a pitcher knew he had to pitch, if you catch my drift. :yesyes:

I'm not saying that the DH shouldn't be killed. What I'm saying is that the players union will never let it happen. There are way too many fat contracts for hitters for them to ever sign off on it. Now that being said, there are way too many pitchers out there that can't even bunt and should never be let in a batters box.

I'm not saying that the DH shouldn't be killed. What I'm saying is that the players union will never let it happen. There are way too many fat contracts for hitters for them to ever sign off on it. Now that being said, there are way too many pitchers out there that can't even bunt and should never be let in a batters box.

Keeping with tradition though (I'm very much a traditionalist when it comes to almost all things sports) the fact that the majority of pitchers bat .071 isn't really the point. I hear you though.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Sorry but Baseball will never be traditional again and you can thank Bud Selig for that.
the DH is going to be in both leagues because if one loss by an AL using NL rules cost a team a play-off shot the will be serious revolts.
Actually i understand moving the Astros but while we are at it move someone else to the AL or NL to keep us from daily inter league so we do not have to have the dh in both leauges

those white soc got shut out by the a's last night

red001

Damn, White Sox are fuckin up

Well it's official, the Twins are the worst team in baseball.

Get the new stadium after a decade of dominance of the AL Central, fill the stadium the first couple years and then put this shit product on the field. That's how they play their cards? Really?

To be fair, our rookie ace Kyle Gibson who was to come in this year and show the league his stuff and our best starter last year Baker both blew their arms to shit in the offseason, so that was a MASSIVE hit for a staff that is basically the worst in the Bigs. But still, c'mon.

Also, we DO lead the league in one run games - these games we used to win all the time during our decade of dominance in the '00s, but they don't have that extra little bit here or there to get them anymore for some reason. It doesn't help that FOUR PLAYERS eat up more than half of our entire cap either.

This could be the beginning of an absolutely horrid stretch if they don't pull some magic tricks soon.

Oh yeah, and Target is now pulling just a little over 30K a game and it fits close to 40K, so the Pohlads are already taking it in the pocket book.

Fuck...

Hmmm... look at where the Cubs are at.

:rofl2:

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
^^ Hey, Sam, against which team did your beloved (for this year anyway) Cardinals lose their first series of the year?

#Cubs, FTW!

The Cubs are actually better than their record, they have had some bad luck. The Dodgers and Nationals surprise me more than any other team besides the Angels who look so lifeless.

red001

White Sox finally win!!

^^ Hey, Sam, against which team did your beloved (for this year anyway) Cardinals lose their first series of the year?

#Cubs, FTW!

Dont the Cubs also lead in the all-time series?

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Its looking more and more like the Cards made the right move on Pujols. He is clearly regressing, he had some slow starts the last few years but nothing like this. Cards are doing well without him. What were the Angels thinking giving him that kind of deal in the latter part of his career?:surprise:

Tony, can you imagine how he would have been received by the fans and his team mates had he chosen to stay in St. Louis? And, signing for what the Cardinals were willing to pay him? Shit, he would have been revered as the second Stan Musial in Cardinals fan's eyes.

I agree completely with your above post.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Yeah, the Cubs are a little better than what their record shows. They've had good pitching from Dempster and Garza (Samardzija to a lesser degree), but Volstad, Wells, and Malholm are garbage. Also, they don't have any relief pitching. Rafael Dolis is a promising reliever, but James Russel and Casey Coleman are horse shit. Kerry Wood is past his prime. Carlos Marmol terrifies me every time he goes out. He could either strike out the side or walk the first four batters he faces. He's an enigma. You just never know with him, and that's not really an attribute you want in your closer.

This league is all about good pitching, and for the most part, the Cubs don't have it. St. Louis, Cincy, and even Milwaukee have much better staffs than Chicago. Compound weak pitching with the fact that they have a very weak offense (only 1 HR from an OF all year long), and it's going to be tough to win ball games. I would love to jettison Soriano. I don't even care what we get for him. I'd trade him for a bucket of baseballs and some Big League Chew. Unfortunately, nobody is going to want that ridiculous contract that Hendry signed him to. At this point though, I'd even pay him to play somewhere else.

I like Starlin Castro. I like Darwin Barney. I like Ian Stewart. I absolutely love Tony Campana in the the leadoff spot. If he gets on base, he's going to score. He's just so goddamn fast. I liked Steve Clevenger playing over Soto (who has been awful since his rookie year) at catcher before he had to go on the DL. Geovany Soto has seriously been useless since 2008.

I still say it's going to be difficult for this team to not hit triple digits in losses. I still enjoy watching the Cubs. Occasionally, they surprise me and actually win the game. Granted, that's not going to happen every game, but they're at least playing hard for Sveum. That's more than you can say for last year's team under Quade.

I think the Cubs Pitchers are decent but they haven't devolved a front line starter that every team needs. building a bullpen is a tricky thing i think the Rays and Padres are 2 of the better teams at that.

yes Tia that series is actually bigger than many expected since the Tigers are slumping so bad.

red001

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Tony, can you imagine how he would have been received by the fans and his team mates had he chosen to stay in St. Louis? And, signing for what the Cardinals were willing to pay him? Shit, he would have been revered as the second Stan Musial in Cardinals fan's eyes.

I agree completely with your above post.

He could have been a legend but he chose the money. Part of his slow start could be guilt as well.

From the Angels games i've seen Albert just seems out of wack swing wise that will get corrected
whats really dooming the Angels is crappy pitching

red001

Status
Not open for further replies.