• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2005-2006 FOOTBALL Season Official Thread

poggy1 said:
Liverpool failed in their attemped effort to equal a club record of 12 straight wins.They only managed to draw away 2-2 at Bolton Wanderers this afternoon.

11 ?

Bolton are always a tough fixture away.
Still, we are good for second spot, at the moment.
Hopefully The 'Arse' can do us a favour and ruin Fergie's New Year Tomorrow.

tunsty said:
11 ?

Bolton are always a tough fixture away.
Still, we are good for second spot, at the moment.
Hopefully The 'Arse' can do us a favour and ruin Fergie's New Year Tomorrow.

You could be right with the 11,just going on what Phil Thompson was saying this afternoon with the 12.Totally agree with the Bolton was tough.Very happy with a draw as that is always a bad game for us usually.

Problem with Arsenal is they are so poor this year.Very suprised Wenger hasn't brought someone in as soon as transfer window opened.But we can hope they raise their game and beat the Manc's

I thought this thread was for "REAL" football... not soccer, start your own boring thread guys ! LMAO :D

********** said:
I wasn't fucking happy with the draw. I just came back from the Sports bar. I was tearing my fucking hair out. I'm the first one to criticise people who want to blame the officials for everything, but yet again, all of the calls went to the home team. I'm not talking about little ones. Sure, we got the (obvious) penalty. Sure, we avoided one or two sendings off... but the crucial call was the one that got the ball rolling.

Reina may have been fumbling but he was FOULED and it was BLATANT, and under any other circumstances, the keeper gets the call and the free kick, but oh no, not Bolton, the game goes on, Sami kicks it out of his hands and they score. The second half was 11 men in the box and Liverpool peppering the area. Why Cisse wasn't brought on sooner is a mystery to me. 2-2 away to Bolton: not a bad result unless you saw the game. Harry Kewell needs to take a vacation. Peter Crouch was REPEATEDLY fouled, AGAIN and AGAIN, it was more than ridiculous. They were all over him. And he lashed out, and he never does that.

And then I get home and go online and the wanker Sam Allardyce is saying LIVERPOOL got all the calls and the referees were against him! WTF! Crouch was impedied in the penalty area between 5 and 10 times, obviously, and the first Bolton goal was a farce! Liverpool had more than a couple of offsides which the cameras showed were not.

And Xabi and Luis made such a difference that in critical away games, Rafa has to wisen up and start putting his best men on the field. He's a genius manager, but Dimi Hammann, Harry kewell, they proved time and again today that they are not his best options.

I am so frustrated. At the end of the day though, Rafa is by far the best since Dalglish and this is our best team since then, and two points dropped at Bolton in a league championship that (please forgive me lads) is already over, for all intents and purposes (Chelsea are the only team who won all 4 games over the holidays - i.e. we're fucked)... is not the end of the world. We're going to crush Luton, crush Benfica, beat the bastard millionaires at Stamford Bridge and... hey, call me stupid if you want but have we played Man U and Arsenal yet this year? I can't remember if we have; did we draw with Arsenal? Or was it Man U? I know our losses were vs. Chelsea and wasn't it Birmingham? The draws were against Spurs and Bolton and three other teams I've forgotten.

Sorry for rambling.

Love you all.

Fox

Sorry fox going to have to disagree on a few points here.It was no foul on the Reina as I believe that ref's now day give fouls on the keeper to easily now days.A player only has to breath on them and its a foul and lets be honest he got that all wrong.

Personally I think Rafa picked the right team as Bolton are a tough side and thats why a lot of teams lose there.We needed a strong midfield and thats what he picked.Hammann is one of the best defensive midfielders in Britian and has proved it over and over again.You only have to look at the European cup final to see that as was terrible till he came on at half time.Kewell has improved but still isn't anything like the player he was at Leeds true.

We drew 0-0 with Man U early on in the season and the Aresenal game was called off as we played in the European Super Cup the day before.As for Chelsea the only reason they will win the league is due to other teams being scared.If they went and attacked them they'ed see how bad a team they are.Yes they have some great player but they aren't that good as a team no matter what eleven they put on the pitch.Teams just try sitting back and defending against them instead of attacking them.Other loss was against Fulham 2-0 not Birmingham.

i'm a Man United fan and i think we should beat Arsenal tonight.
they've been pants this year, we've not been our best
i'm expecting 2-0 United tonight

interesting fact:

United have got more points at this point in the season as they did when we won the treble in '99

stek1983 said:
interesting fact:

United have got more points at this point in the season as they did when we won the treble in '99

Interesting fact Chelsea have 11 more points than this stage last year.In fact sorry to say this not.We will finish higher than you will this year as at worst which it looks likely to be we will be 2nd.

stek1983 said:
i think this season will finish like:

1. Chelsea
2. Man United
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal

Think somethings wrong here....oh yes end of season table

1.Chelsea
2.Liverpool
3.Arsenal
4.Man City
5.Man Utd

That looks about right:rofl:

hahah, get real

i think my top 4 was about right,
anyway, i don't wanna start getting into football arguments as there is really no point, i'm always happy to see Gerrard have a good game as i got him in my fantasy football team, aswell as Hyypia

Crouch has come out of his shell now aint he?
doing great now

Honestly I think it will be...

1.Chelsea
2.Liverpool
3.Man Utd
4.Tottenham

Not been funny think we have that bit more strength in depth that you.You miss Keane to much and don't even have anyone close to his all round talents.
Also don't think Arsenal will even get 4th they are a team going downhill fast.So I think Tottenham or even Bolton will pinch 4th.

you don't think Arsenal will get back up there?
i hope they don't, i hate them more than any other team.
they never been the same since we beat them 2-0 and ended their 49 unbeaten run

yeah, we do miss Keane and we need to get someone decent to fill his place in the January transfer windown.
we cannot rely on the likes of Fletcher and Park because they're both rubbish.... Smith is pretty good in that position but still needs work

Like Park on the wing when he cuts in,never rated Smith in any postion even when he was at Leeds.Also this centre-back better be good your getting as you look a bit weak there too.

Work with a Man U fan he goes to every home game.He's been complaining about the #2 for ages now and must agree since he took over training that when you started to go downhill.You need Fergie to get back on the training pitch and sort them out.

Actually, there will be a very dramatic change in the league table, in the next few months...

1.Liverpool
2.Sunderland
3.Man Utd
4.Tottenham

Chelsea will just escape relegation.

we was all wrong, i've just been in my time machine to find out the real finishing table, it was quite obvious really

1. FC Copenhagen
2. Manchester United
3. Girls Aloud
4. Barcelona
5. Peter Crouch
6. Sophie Sweet
7. Cheltenham
8. Azerbaijan
9. David Hasselhoff
10. Freeones.com FC
11. Norwich
12. Stacy Keiblers right ass cheek
13. Stacy Keiblers left ass cheek
14. Urawa Red Diamonds
15. 16th place
16. 15th place
17. Doncaster
----------
18. Liverpool
19. Chelsea
20. Arsenal

sorry, in a bit of a random mood

stek1983 said:
we was all wrong, i've just been in my time machine to find out the real finishing table, it was quite obvious really

1. FC Copenhagen
2. Manchester United
3. Girls Aloud
4. Barcelona
5. Peter Crouch
6. Sophie Sweet
7. Cheltenham
8. Azerbaijan
9. David Hasselhoff
10. Freeones.com FC
11. Norwich
14. Urawa Red Diamonds
15. 16th place
16. 15th place
17. Doncaster
----------
18. Liverpool
19. Chelsea
20. Arsenal

At least Man'ure didn't win top spot!

stek1983 said:

1. FC Copenhagen
2. Manchester United
3. Girls Aloud
4. Barcelona
5. Peter Crouch
6. Sophie Sweet
7. Cheltenham
8. Azerbaijan
9. David Hasselhoff
10. Freeones.com FC
11. Norwich
14. Urawa Red Diamonds
15. 16th place
16. 15th place
17. Doncaster
----------
18. Liverpool
19. Chelsea
20. Arsenal

Just shows Manc's are still useless in europe:D

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
stek1983 said:
you don't think Arsenal will get back up there?
i hope they don't, i hate them more than any other team.
they never been the same since we beat them 2-0 and ended their 49 unbeaten run

....At least Arsenal are still in the Champions League....:1orglaugh

(damn - and I promised to keep a neutral footy attitude in this forum!!)

[edit] Q: Did you hear that the British Post Office has just recalled their latest stamps?
A: Well, they had photos of Manchester United players on them - folk couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Last edited:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
BTW:

LONDON (Reuters) - Arsenal and arch rivals Manchester United shared a goalless draw in the Premier League on Tuesday.....

om3ga said:
BTW:

LONDON (Reuters) - Arsenal and arch rivals Manchester United shared a goalless draw in the Premier League on Tuesday.....

You mean..

Arse 0 - Holes 0