• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2005-2006 FOOTBALL Season Official Thread

Calm said:
Luxemburgo actually didn't go a bad job, he just got a team that was, as you said, all stars and they have any chemistry but he tried to bring different players and end this "Galactico" thing. The reason he failed is because he did too little too late. Next year Real will have a better coach (possibly Capello) who will get players that are good for the team and not just shirt selling and Real will be grand once more.
i've heard that next year Luxemburgo will come back, but with Cappello together!
dont know if this is true,but together maybe they'll make a better Real FC!!!! :D

poggy1 said:
One problem here Calm the coach doesn't buy the players.The board and president does,so coach has to work with whoever they get.

Not saying this just because I support them but don't rule Liverpool out of it.Rafa has proved he's hard to beat in europe and he has a better squad this year than last.

True, but I'm sure the management doesn't arbitrary buys players without consulting with the coach.
Although, in our local league we had a local 'Galacticos' where the management bought players the coach didn't want and need and everybody were praising them saying they'll take the championship (even though we have one team that out-beats the enitre league). Their coach was fired 2 days before Luxemburgo. ;)

Benfica beat Manchester United 2-1, Villareal beats Lille 1-0. Manchester United finish the group in 4th place.

Barca scores 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game beating Udinese 2-0. Werder Bremen crush Panathinaikos 5-1 and qualify.

As expected, Juve finished first and Bayern second. Arsenal first and Ajax second.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Calm said:
Benfica beat Manchester United 2-1, Villareal beats Lille 1-0. Manchester United finish the group in 4th place.

Barca scores 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game beating Udinese 2-0. Werder Bremen crush Panathinaikos 5-1 and qualify.

As expected, Juve finished first and Bayern second. Arsenal first and Ajax second.

Did you see the look on Fergie's face at the end of the Benfica-Man U match? If looks could kill (brrr...)

[edit]

Champions League
UEFA Champions League : Group A

1 Juventus
2 Bayern Munich

3 Club Brugge*
4 Rapid Vienna

UEFA Champions League : Group B

1 Arsenal
2 Ajax

3 FC Thun*
4 Sparta Prague

UEFA Champions League : Group C

1 Barcelona
2 Werder Bremen

3 Udinese*
4 Panathinaikos

UEFA Champions League : Group D

1 Villarreal
2 Benfica

3 Lille*
4 Man Utd

UEFA Champions League : Group E

1 AC Milan
2 PSV

3 Schalke *
4 Fenerbahce

UEFA Champions League : Group F

1 Lyon
2 Real Madrid

3 Rosenborg *
4 Olympiacos

UEFA Champions League : Group G

1 Liverpool
2 Chelsea

3 Real Betis*
4 Anderlecht

UEFA Champions League : Group H

1 Inter Milan
2 Rangers

3 Artmedia Bratislava*
4 FC Porto

1st & 2nd placed teams proceed to the next round of the Champions League.

* Teams finishing 3rd in each group qualify for the next phase of the UEFA cup.

Last edited:
om3ga said:
Did you see the look on Fergie's face at the end of the Benfica-Man U match? If looks could kill (brrr...)

haha yeah he was chewing his gum so vigorsly I was afraid his teeth will break,

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Calm said:

Hasn't got any better for Fergie:

Manchester United missed the chance to reclaim second place in the Premiership from Liverpool as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Everton at Old Trafford.

(oh dear, too bad, never mind......:1orglaugh )

Yeah but will have quite a few chance's to get it back now.Liverpool don't play again in the premiership till boxing day when we play Newcastle.

If anyone is intrested and unable to get any report on the Liverpool vs Costa Rica (I can't think how you spell this) champions semi in the world club championship.I'll post result as soon as it finishes here tomorrow with goalscorer's.

I'll be at work, but I will listen to as much as I can.

Calm said:
I'm convinced that Alex Ferguson has a handle in the middle of his back...when it is turned, a series of gears and levers operates his jaw with that chewing motion.

Last edited:
poggy1 said:
Wolrd Club Championship Semi Final
Half-time
Liverpool 2 D.Saprissa 0
Crouch
Gerrard

Final Score 3-0

Crouch2
Gerrard

And a new club record - 11 games without conceding a goal.

Roma qualified for stage two of UEFA cup stage last night. lets hope that this can be their uprise in forrm in both Europe Matches and Serie A matches.

Wolrd Club Championship Semi Final
Full-time
Liverpool 3 D.Saprissa 0
Crouch 2
Gerrard

A bit of a warm up match for final really.It was like watching a pre-season friendly against a team from division below them.But that's a new club record of 11 clean sheets on the trot.All 3 goals was very well taken and not just basic tap in's either.
So it's Sao Palo (don't think thats right) on Sunday for the final same time.

allez l'OM :D

yesterday, in the UEFA cup,
Marseille - Dinamo Bucarest : 2 - 1 :nanner:

Here are the Champion's League 1/8 fiinals

Chelsea - Barcelona

Real Madrid - Arsenal

Bremen - Juventus

Bayern Munchen - Milan AC

PSV Eindhoven - Lyon

Ajax - Inter Milan

Benfica - Liverpool

Glasgow Rangers - Villareal

Go Barcelona, Go Ronaldinho !!!

Benfica...Nice easy one for the next round then.Not only that we'll show those sad Man U fans how it should be done:laugh: