• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

who's the best basketball player of all-time?

who's the best basketball player of all-time?

• Michael Jordan

Votes: 72 71.3%
  • Wilt Chamberlain

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Larry Bird

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Julius Erving

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

• Magic Johnson

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Elgin Baylor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerry West

• Oscar Robertson

• Bill Russell

• Total voters

SBTNW

Banned
i would say... Michael Jordan!!!!

and i don't wanna know anything about Kobe, Shaq and those wannabes... (at least not yet)

I have to say Michael Jordan

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I've already posted what I feel about Wilt Chamberlain here. I'm thinking about the rest.

"Mr. Skyhook" Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Julius "Dr J" Erving, place right at the top of the best NBA players of all time.

Jordan was global and brought the game to the world especially at the 1992 Olympics and is still probably the most recognizable athlete and basketball player in the world even though he is retired....I would say Jordan he made the game exciting and just his presence could make or change any game...6 championships, 5 Regular Season MVP's, 6 time finals MVP, Olympic gold medal...and a Baseball average of .202 3HR's 51 RBI's and 30SB....great athlete a legend

I would have to say Jordan. But he never scored 100 points during a game and 100 girls after the game like Chamberlain did.

Jordan never scored 100 points in a single game, because the game of basketball was much different durning his time. There is no way you can say Chamberlin was a better player because he had one phenominal game. That would be like saying Mark Whitten is a better baseball player than Alex Rodriguez because Whitten has four home runs in a single game and A-Rod doesn't. Michael Jordan is the best there ever was and it's not even close.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Jordan never scored 100 points in a single game, because the game of basketball was much different durning his time. There is no way you can say Chamberlin was a better player because he had one phenominal game. That would be like saying Mark Whitten is a better baseball player than Alex Rodriguez because Whitten has four home runs in a single game and A-Rod doesn't. Michael Jordan is the best there ever was and it's not even close.

UM, not because of one game. :rolleyes:

Chamberlain was double and triple teamed and still no one could stop him. Jordan wouldn't have been able to stop Wilt the Stilt either. ;)

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
jordan, for more reason than one. not only was he born to play the game, he was a real sportsman and he will be a legend til the end of time. no one will ever come close.

UM, not because of one game. :rolleyes:

Chamberlain was double and triple teamed and still no one could stop him. Jordan wouldn't have been able to stop Wilt the Stilt either. ;)

Chamberlain was 7'1", Jordan was 6'6". It is easier to score when you are 7'1" especially in the time period Chamberlain played in. You Might have an argument if Chamberlain had scored more points or had a better PPG, but he doesnt.

It's too hard to compare Chamberlain and Jordan fairly. Not only did they play different positions, and there are problems when you compare a center to a non-center in basketball, just like you can't compare a goalie to a non-goalie in hockey, but basketball wasn't what it was now in Chamberlain’s time. In that era there was Bill Russell and Chamberlain and that was about it. Chamberlain could just physically dominate opponents by his size for cheap points. If Chamberlain was transported in a time machine to the 1990s he wouldn't have done nearly as well as he did back when he played although he probably still would have been good. I'd place him somewhere above a person like Shaq, in that he was a big and unlike Shaq had skills other than being just big, (which is still pretty excellent when you think about it) but probably below Jordan.

Bill Russell. He won a shit load and COACHED a Championship. Jordan/Magic couldn't do that. Bird was a decent coach but a better GM.

Bill Russell is STILL the greatest winner ever in American Pro Sports. To be a winner, you have to be a great player WHEN IT MATTERS!

Yes, Jordan was a freak on the court. It's hard to separate the marketing myth from the real man....in my opinion.

Facetious

Moderated
Wilt

and i don't wanna know anything about Kobe, Shaq and those wannabes... (at least not yet)

I don't know if I'd condemn them as wannabes :dunno:

Let their digits speak accordingly when the time is appropriate.

I like the list but I went with Michael Jordan because he made me watch a game. I was never a basketball fan and I'm still not but when I saw Jordan play I was literally in awe of what he could do. After he left the Bulls and I saw what was left in the NBA I stopped watching basketball again. Yeah there was that time with the Wizards but let's never speak of that.