• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

which gun do you own?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I have never fired an XD but I would rather get and use a paraord p14-45
http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=69
or a para ord bighawg
http://www.paraord.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=55
or a para ord superhawg with its six inch barrel, which is ideal for long range targets and ideal to shoot 45acp + p ammo
http://www.paraord.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=71
or a para ord p14-45 limited
http://www.paraord.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=11
I have always liked para ords, they are outstanding value for the money and very good pistols. I have never liked glocks, they always felt like a toy for me.

I'm partial to Kimber. Might get a Para one day, but not anytime soon. I'm not hip to Glock either...the plastic thing, is what it is. If you like DAO, but want steel, check out Kahr Arms. Their niche is single stack, compact, DAO carry pistols. Nice gun, decent price...if you're into DAO pistols. I am not.

Mr. Daystar

Facetious said:
Aside - response to earlier query -
A NATO barreled specific Rem. 700 would have lead me to believe that he was referring to U.S. Military Rifle "M24".

Right, but my point is, UNLESS you are shooting serious match, or sniping for a living, and have a VERY high end precision rifle, and hand load your own brass, for all practical purposes, they are the same. As I said earlier, Springfield Arms, a well respected manufacturer of high end rifles, I'm sure you'd agree, including competition grade, lists the caliber as 7.62 NATO (.308). Now I'm sure if you want to gauge the breech, and trim down the cases, and hand load all of your own ammo, you can, but after talking to them, and being told that as long as the rounds are SAAMI spec .308's, I would have no problems, I have to go with what they tell me. I also wanted him to explain because, while what he says is technically correct, it is a little misleading to those that are firearms enthusiasts, or supporters, but not as deeply into the whole thing as some of us are. It would be a shame if someone passed up an opportunity to buy a nice M1A, or FAL, because they thought they would have a much harder time getting ammo.

What are there, Sabot barrel inserts or ? :confused:

Aside - response to earlier query -
A NATO barreled specific Rem. 700 would have lead me to believe that he was referring to U.S. Military Rifle "M24". :hatsoff:

You, are correct sir.

When you only shoot at stuff with a rifle over 500+ meters away the difference between 7.62 and 308 becomes very, very, apparent.

I have never ever in my nearly 40 years seen a shotgun that came with a rifled barrel. Sabot slugs are rifled or have sleeves that are rifled.
Beanbag sleeves are also rifled.
The reason being they are intended to be fired out of a smooth bore barrel. If you fired a rifled slug out of a rifled barrel and the rifleings don't match you would end up with a wonderful mess.

Sig P220
Sig P229
Kimber 1911 (w/ wood grain grips)
H&K .45 USP
S&W M&P 40
Bushmaster AR-15
Remington 1100 Express
Benelli Legacy 12 ga.
Springfield 30-.06
Winchester Model 70 300 WSM

Sig P220
Sig P229
Kimber 1911 (w/ wood grain grips)
H&K .45 USP
S&W M&P 40
Bushmaster AR-15
Remington 1100 Express
Benelli Legacy 12 ga.
Springfield 30-.06
Winchester Model 70 300 WSM

Nice collection! When the shit hits the fan, it will be good to have friends like you :thumbsup:

Facetious

Moderated
When you only shoot at stuff with a rifle over 500+ meters away the difference between 7.62 and 308 becomes very, very, apparent.
Unclear on what you meant here and don't want to speculate. I would like to say that
"F class" shooters (1,000 yard LR) employ the use of original NATO spec brass as well as commercial spec brass (.308 Win headstamp - usually of the Lapua, Norma or Winchester variant) in their NATO cut chambers all day long with superior results. :hatsoff:

boobfan said:
I have never ever in my nearly 40 years seen a shotgun that came with a rifled barrel.

Remington Model 870 Express Fully Rifled Pump Shotgun 81118, 12 Gauge, 23",3" Chmbr,ShurShot Black Synthetic Stock,Black Finish

Remington 870 Express 20 ga - vent rib/mod choke barrel and cantilever deer barrel with Weaver scope

Ruger M77 in 280 Remington

Thompson/Center Omega 50 cal. muzzeloader

Pre 1950s Winchester model 94 in 30-30

Remington 1100 in 16 ga

Mr. Daystar

Remington 870 Express 20 ga - vent rib/mod choke barrel and cantilever deer barrel with Weaver scope

Ruger M77 in 280 Remington

Thompson/Center Omega 50 cal. muzzeloader

Pre 1950s Winchester model 94 in 30-30

Remington 1100 in 16 ga

There was a guy on "Antiques Roadshow", that had an inherited Winchester lever action, in .45 long Colt (I think they said Mdl. 94). It was dated 1930ish, and out of the million or so produced, it was one of only 100 that came from the factory with a 14" barrel. He had ATF curio papers (because of barrel length), and it had some finish wear, and a crack in the stock. As is, they valued it at about $6000.00. It was a cool looking little gun.

Facetious said:
Unclear on what you meant here and don't want to speculate. I would like to say that
"F class" shooters (1,000 yard LR) employ the use of original NATO spec brass as well as commercial spec brass (.308 Win headstamp - usually of the Lapua, Norma or Winchester variant) in their NATO cut chambers all day long with superior results.

Just out of curiosity, I checked some ammo I have...Federal/Lake City surplus in 7.62x51. Next to it, in parenthesis it's marked .308

Facetious

Moderated
Just out of curiosity, I checked some ammo I have...Federal/Lake City surplus in 7.62x51. Next to it, in parenthesis it's marked .308

Without the evaluation and or comparison (with a case gauge and a micrometer) with other designated NATO and Commercial cartridges, I can only speculate that the mfgr is splitting the difference (meeting somewhere in the middle) as far as dimensions go.

f_762v308m_9a33bce.jpg

A 7.62 NATO Go gauge is .003-inch longer than a .308 Winchester Go gauge. The 7.62 NATO NoGo is also longer, to the tune of .004-inch. It's entirely possible to chamber and have an accident with a .308 Winchester round in a rifle that would be safe for 7.62 X 51mm. A chamber in 7.62 that could barely close on a 7.62 NoGo could swallow a .308 Field gauge. Add to this the fact that .308 Winchester brass, being of commercial manufacture, is much thinner than that of the 7.62 NATO, and expands alot more, could possibly lead to casehead separation.

more here -> Source is a real stickler on credible / verifiable info.
Check the above source against other sources via ".308 Win. vs. 7.62 -> SEARCH"
Nobody ever said that .308 Win. vs. 7.62 x 51 NATE is an issue free of controversy ! :D :hatsoff:

Mr. Daystar

My opinion on some of this is, a hand loading issue. If you are buying good quality name brand ammo, loaded to SAAMI spec, it's not going to be a safety issue, although it may not produce the accuracy you would need in competition, and most of those guys hand load their ammo.