• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good TV series you have watched?

maildude

Postal Paranoiac

Went back into my archives a few years and started watching Fargo. Based on the Oscar-winning movie, the series' first season is very well done and features a talented cast. Looking forward to subsequent seasons.

Luxman

#TRE45ON

maildude

Postal Paranoiac

Okay...first off, it's another one of those Mom And Kids Move To Dad's Familys' Creepy House After Dad Dies And Finds Out It's Full Of Weirdness-type films. It stars a bunch of unknowns and B-actors, and the youngest kid has a head that's too big for his body. There's your standard teenage acceptance angst, mysterious neighbors, forbidden locked stuff outside, and that creepy undiscernable whispering like in Hill House and a billion other films. But this one is a trifle better than average, what, with its good visuals, sound, homemade settings, and script based off of the same-named graphic novel. I give its magic keys, its hammy Darby Stanchfield performance, its better acting from sexyish Laysla De Oliviera, and its cameo at the end from writer Joe Hill aka Stephen King II an overall grade of C+.

^ I just started Locke and Key last night! I'm only 2 episodes in but your description is spot-on

Recent ones I've finished or are currently watching:

Mindhunter - excellent, one of my current favorites, can't wait for the next season

You - first season was better than the second, but it's still very good. I don't find it as "Lifetime-ish" as many have branded it

McMillion$ - fascinating documentary, I had no idea about the depth of this scandal

curb your enthusiasm - it can be uneven at times, the best episodes are still when Suzie is cursing out Larry, "you bald fuck!" :D

The Outsider - pretty good and it gets increasingly creepier, but it can drag at times

The Stranger - really enjoyed this one, loved the twist at the end. And damn, Hannah John-Kamen is hot as hell!

Last but not least:
Homeland - one of my favorite dramas of all time, this final season has been especially riveting so far. I'm really, really gonna miss this show :(

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I finally got to check out the first season of The Expanse and it was solid. The show covers some very political themes and there's a truly diverse cast, but it never felt "woke" or agenda-driven (like The Watchmen for example). You got to see the situation from various different perspectives without there being some obtuse message pounding you over the head. Everything felt "organic" and authentic, never preachy.

I like to watch shows and movies that are able to (just) tell a good story... that aren't based on any sort of PC formula or that feel the need to check the necessary PC boxes. Just tell me a good story. Just have a good script, with good acting. Preach to me or tell me what and how I'm expected to think and I'll turn it off in a heartbeat. The other sheeple may put up with Hollyweird propaganda, but I'm not. That's why 99% of the scripted material I watch now are old shows and movies on MeTV, INSP, AMC, etc.

There was a lower budget show on BYU TV (of all places) a few years ago called Granite Flats. I'd never watched anything on BYU TV in my life up to that point. But this Cold War era drama, based on some overly curious kids, was one of the best shows I have ever seen. It got serious critical acclaim because it really was great storytelling. But because of budgetary issues, BYU cancelled it after three seasons. From your description of The Expanse, it sounds similar, and maybe the kind of show that I'd enjoy too. I'll check it out. Thanks. :thumbsup:

ETA: Apparently the FO system only allows me to rep people about once a year. But I tried. Owe ya some. :hatsoff:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Heroes (2006 - 2010)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/

I watched the first season about 10 years ago then stopped but I don't remember why.

Restarted watching from s1e1 about 6 weeks ago, now I'm halfway thru season 4.

It's better than I remember.

Not sure if this is the right place, but if anyone happens to run into the topless scene from Baywatch Season 1, feel free to PM the link to me. Or post it here. :)