• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

War, what is it good for?

Prior to the war in Ukraine, Putin was planning to attack Japan per leaked documents
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...ttack-japan-per-leaked-documents/ss-AA14MbL1?

As much as I want to believe this, I think it's BS. The choice between attacking Ukraine, a non-NATO, culturally similar, land-connected neighbor where you already had annexed territories; vs Japan, who has a US military alliance, is a RIMPAC participant with a well-funded world-class military. I think it's clear which they would have went with.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Ukraine says Russia 'worse than ISIS' following beheading video
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...an-isis-following-beheading-video/ar-AA19KYtW

I think it's a little too early to pass judgement, since there's no verification at all about the authenticity. I'm not too sure if rusky solidiers are really so dumb as to knowingly publish videos of committing war crimes.

But if it's true, then that certainly ratchets things up a notch.
Every conflict that Russia has been involved with in the recent past has had many reports of this kind of behavior. Taking into account the "training" provided new recruits and the general brutishness of the Russian military I find it very believable. That doesn't mean everyone else is shiny clean but going by the number of stories that have come out I cannot help but believe that the Russians will do whatever they are told and when drunk(which seems to be a semi standard condition for them) that makes it all the more likely for them to allow their worst nature out.

Every conflict that Russia has been involved with in the recent past has had many reports of this kind of behavior. Taking into account the "training" provided new recruits and the general brutishness of the Russian military I find it very believable. That doesn't mean everyone else is shiny clean but going by the number of stories that have come out I cannot help but believe that the Russians will do whatever they are told and when drunk(which seems to be a semi standard condition for them) that makes it all the more likely for them to allow their worst nature out.
I totally agree, rusky soldiers have a well-earned reputation of not being too concerned with details like the Geneva convention, spanning all the way back to the Rape of Berlin. Not just soldiers, but spy agencies, criminals, etc. Practically every aspect of society is a little more hardcore than other G20 nations, so it's no surprise for their military to reflect that.

Still, they must know that the info/propaganda war in Ukraine is absolutely key (and even why Ukraine is still in this), so even if they were committing atrocities, you'd think they'd have very strict orders on concealing them.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
I totally agree, rusky soldiers have a well-earned reputation of not being too concerned with details like the Geneva convention, spanning all the way back to the Rape of Berlin. Not just soldiers, but spy agencies, criminals, etc. Practically every aspect of society is a little more hardcore than other G20 nations, so it's no surprise for their military to reflect that.

Still, they must know that the info/propaganda war in Ukraine is absolutely key (and even why Ukraine is still in this), so even if they were committing atrocities, you'd think they'd have very strict orders on concealing them.
Perhaps too drunk to read them?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Trudeau commits $500M more in military aid during surprise visit to Kyiv
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-ukraine-visit-counteroffensive-russia-1.6871411

I have to question how "dire" the situation is in Ukraine when world leaders are just popping by like neighbors for coffee. Yes, the east is a warzone, but the rest of the country seems like they're doing quite fine.

Also, $500Mil??? With a large part of that on airforce support?
Canada was a founding partner of the F-35, and has yet to been delivered a single jet. While other countries like the UK, Italy, Australia and S.Korea are already flying theirs, and Japan is even practicing landing them on aircraft carriers.

And in terms of money:
The country's literally still on fire - maybe spend a little more on getting that under control?
Then you have a bill for another $10 Billion in reparations (https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/...the-21-robinson-huron-first-nations-1.6445331).

Maybe look after paying the bills in your own country before going on a spree in others?

US congressional Democrats raise concerns on cluster bombs for Ukraine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u...rns-on-cluster-bombs-for-ukraine/ar-AA1dDgLb?

Democratic U.S. Senator Tim Kaine and Representative Barbara Lee raised concerns on Sunday over the decision by President Joe Biden's administration to send cluster bombs to Ukraine to combat the Russian invasion.
The United States said on Friday it would supply Kyiv with the widely banned bombs as part of a new $800 million security package that brings total U.S. military aid to more than $40 billion since Russia's invasion of Ukraine began in February 2022.

I'm not sure if sending Ukraine weapons that are banned by most of the world is a good idea.
White House national security spokesman John Kirby defended the decision and said the United States was very focused on demining efforts in Ukraine.
"But these munitions do provide a useful battlefield capability," he said.
So do nukes, flamethrowers and landmines. Are you going to start sending those to Ukraine as well?

Luxman

#TRE45ON