• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

vegetarians on the board?

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
My dad used dried mushrooms to add to his spaghetti sauce. Nice and chewy with lots of flavor. Try taking those portobellos and throw them on a grill for burghers. Here's a recipe:

4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed. Save the stems for later use with gravies or sauces.

For the marinade:
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced

Place the portobellos gills up in a rimmed baking sheet.

Mix all the marinade ingredients together and spoon over the portobellos. Let marinate for at least half an hour, spooning marinade back onto the mushrooms every ten minutes or so.

Grease up your grill with olive oil and preheat over medium/high. Place the mushrooms gill side up on the grill. Close lid and let mushrooms cook for about 5 minutes, lifting the lid to baste shrooms with marinade every few minutes. Flip mushrooms over and cook for about 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for about 5 minutes. This lets the flavors develop a bit and the juices taste even yummier when they are just a little bit cooled down.

JustBobsBurghers.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
yeah dude. ive been dying to put em on the grill forever.

trust me, ill be doing that really soon.

squallumz

i tried the Morning Star sausage patties today. not bad.

needed a little fennel seed but other than that, spot on to real sausage.

edit: my god, a FOs listing!?

Going on 5 years now. I still get the cravings which is why I rely on veggie meats. Stuff is good as hell. Alittle expensive but very tasty and pretty damn close to the real thing. I've always been healthy so obviously I stopped eating meat out of my own morality. I love animals too much to continue eating them.

squallumz

i passed my month, no cravings whatsoever.

just had some homemade cheese enchiladas.

being a vegan is what could be hard.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Low carb and vegetarian just don't mix...

squallumz

Low carb and vegetarian just don't mix...

you know, i was worried about that. not being a carb fan in the least, im doing just fine with it. ive had pasta just twice in the past 6 weeks. and what i did have was whole wheat pasta.

my rice consumption is also very low. i actually lowered it more than normal. which is tricky since im part asian and have been raised on rice. ive found myself just plain eating a lot less, which is great.

i just had my dinner and it was a homemade mushroom burger on one of those thin buns. and it was also whole grain.

I've been a vegetarian for about 8 years, not for too big of a reason other than it's just what I do now. I'd like to add fish back in for the nutritional benefits, but I can't. Too used to vegetarianism.

I don't like to eat too much processed soy products, although the stuff is good. I don't think I've had any I didn't like. I prefer nuts and whole beans as my source of protein. Nuts = poly and monounsaturated fats, fiber, high protein; beans = low fat, no saturated fat, and massive amounts of protein, fiber, and iron. Add in [whole] grains and you've got your amino acids covered = complete protein. And to top it off, milk products and eggs as support.

Veganism is crazy. I'd never try, and nutritionally it's a tough diet.

squallumz

I've been a vegetarian for about 8 years, not for too big of a reason other than it's just what I do now. I'd like to add fish back in for the nutritional benefits, but I can't. Too used to vegetarianism.

I don't like to eat too much processed soy products, although the stuff is good. I don't think I've had any I didn't like. I prefer nuts and whole beans as my source of protein. Nuts = poly and monounsaturated fats, fiber, high protein; beans = low fat, no saturated fat, and massive amounts of protein, fiber, and iron. Add in [whole] grains and you've got your amino acids covered = complete protein. And to top it off, milk products and eggs as support.

Veganism is crazy. I'd never try, and nutritionally it's a tough diet.

yeah. im adding very little seafood in my diet. mostly im doing beans like you said, tons of veggies, and fresh tofu. im trying my best to stay away from the processed soy products like you said. it may be vegetarian but theres a lot of crap in it.

thats why i made my own veggies burgers. they were amazing. when shrooms go on sale, im gonna make a ton of em. they froze great.

im also doing some nuts. making my own peanut butter when peanuts are reasonable priced at least. a pound of plain peanuts costs about double the cost of a pound of peanut butter. america... pfft.

the shit they sell in the stores for peanut butter is just awful. fully hydrogenated oils and all that. added sugar and salts too. even the "natural" brands have rapeseed and other bad oils in it so they dont separate.

in fact.. i think im gonna have a spoon of peanut butter. the kind with just peanuts and nothing else in it.

Well, the food that I eat was vegetarian when it was alive, so I guess that makes me a secondhand vegetarian. :thumbsup:

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
you know, i was worried about that. not being a carb fan in the least, im doing just fine with it. ive had pasta just twice in the past 6 weeks. and what i did have was whole wheat pasta.

my rice consumption is also very low. i actually lowered it more than normal. which is tricky since im part asian and have been raised on rice. ive found myself just plain eating a lot less, which is great.

i just had my dinner and it was a homemade mushroom burger on one of those thin buns. and it was also whole grain.

With only 29g of carbs a day, veggies only eats into that pretty quickly and doesn't leave much room for a lot of eggs or dairy. Soy and beans, which is your major source of protein, is loaded with carbs.

Yea, not much option if you only get that little a day. If you're just shooting for say, under 150g a day it's fairly easy but still. Your veggie protein sources will kill you carb wise.

yeah. im adding very little seafood in my diet. mostly im doing beans like you said, tons of veggies, and fresh tofu. im trying my best to stay away from the processed soy products like you said. it may be vegetarian but theres a lot of crap in it.

thats why i made my own veggies burgers. they were amazing. when shrooms go on sale, im gonna make a ton of em. they froze great.

im also doing some nuts. making my own peanut butter when peanuts are reasonable priced at least. a pound of plain peanuts costs about double the cost of a pound of peanut butter. america... pfft.

the shit they sell in the stores for peanut butter is just awful. fully hydrogenated oils and all that. added sugar and salts too. even the "natural" brands have rapeseed and other bad oils in it so they dont separate.

in fact.. i think im gonna have a spoon of peanut butter. the kind with just peanuts and nothing else in it.
Yep, seafood is totally worth eating. All the benefits of red meats without the same drawbacks.

Sounds like a great diet. I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with the processed stuff, but I figure the less processed the better. Plus, I like to eat fresh things that are made out of ingredients I can buy at the grocery store.

Making your own veggie burgers is awesome. Definitely the way to go if you have the time and are willing to make 'em.

I also don't eat peanut butter with hydrogenated oils and added sugar/salt. I only go for peanut butter made of peanuts and nothing more. It goes much better on PB&Js too because the big brands with the added sugar are too sweet when you combine them with a fruit spread/jam/jelly. It is pretty lame how much cheaper a lot of mass goods are compared to their nutritionally superior alternatives. It seems that cheap foods are usually cheap because they cut in crap ingredients and thus use less of the more expensive ones (usually the thing you actually want to eat). The aforementioned fruit jam or jelly is a prime example. The majority of the cheap brands have high fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient. Sometimes you'll even find multiple sweeteners before you get a mention of fruit.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I got my first taste of natural peanut butter over 35 years ago. Hippie days when I was a teen. My science teacher brought some in for us to try. It was made locally in Gardiner, NY. The grist mill had been running nearly 200 years to that point. From that day forward the standard was set. There aren't many of these places around anymore but if you can find one, take a taste. You will pay the premium price since nothing is a jar has ever come close.

At about that time my Dad was drying his own mushrooms just as a thing to do. Toss them in when making soup, stew, or spaghetti sauce. They don't get soft again, just chewy. They suck all of the flavors you toss into the pot. Yum till you cum. Dried mushrooms. the new red meat.

Bob.

im planing on picking back up as a vegetarian. its been a long time for me, but i loved it when i was doing it originally.

im doing it to help get healthy, lose some weight, and the USDA has really fucked with our meat. there's some sick shit going on with our chicken, pigs, and cows.

im just wondering who else on her goes all veggie.

im actually going to stick with seafood occasionally but thats all the meat im doing. its going to be a rare treat, however. its hard to find decent seafood out where i am. hell, it was hard to find decent seafood when i lived on the fucking coast.

what are you guys eating?

Have you no idea what farmers spray on their crops??? You think that's healthier than some cow testosterone? I spent about 7 years of my life at sea, so I know what goes into the ocean. Seafood isn't any better for you either

DR. B

Closed Account
i guess im a little soft for animals too. i feel bad sometimes. and, when i watch those things showing them processing the meat, yikes. that dont help.

you know plants and vegetables have feelings too. ever play music with plants around? some have a reaction. My grandfather use to own an orange farm in the rio grande valley, he would play vincente fernandez really loud on his golf cart, some of the fucking orange trees would literally shake, it was crazy. he said those are the ones that didnt like the music, the others that did enjoy the music would be ready to pluck. plants have feelings too, just cause you dont hear them screaming on the outside doesnt mean they are on the inside. when i saw those trees shaking, it made me not want to eat oranges anymore, i felt bad.

plants grow better when you talk to them, regardless of what you say to them, so that says there has to be some sort of life to them, and when your eating them, your killing them as well.

squallumz

Have you no idea what farmers spray on their crops??? You think that's healthier than some cow testosterone? I spent about 7 years of my life at sea, so I know what goes into the ocean. Seafood isn't any better for you either

i was a fisherman for years at sea as well. i know the whole business. been on all sides. from fishing, to loading, to buying, to selling, and even cooking it. trust me, i know what im doing.

to say its not any better for you is complete insanity.

and yes, im very aware of what commercial veggies go through. this is one reason why i have a working ORGANIC garden at home.

im an educated shopper. i try my best to buy local and organic when possible.

and yes yes, plants listen to music too. what am i supposed to live on? pussy alone!? :D

squallumz

I got my first taste of natural peanut butter over 35 years ago. Hippie days when I was a teen. My science teacher brought some in for us to try. It was made locally in Gardiner, NY. The grist mill had been running nearly 200 years to that point. From that day forward the standard was set. There aren't many of these places around anymore but if you can find one, take a taste. You will pay the premium price since nothing is a jar has ever come close.

At about that time my Dad was drying his own mushrooms just as a thing to do. Toss them in when making soup, stew, or spaghetti sauce. They don't get soft again, just chewy. They suck all of the flavors you toss into the pot. Yum till you cum. Dried mushrooms. the new red meat.

Bob.

i love dried mushrooms! and fresh ones. so yummy. and yeah, meaty as hell.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I have been a vegetarian since I was 10, the reason being is that I developed severe ulcers and colitis from eating meats. And it sucks living in Texas now, because wownthe BBQ does not cater to one such as me.