• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Walking Dead on AMC

At which point during last night's episode did you people begin to suspect that Shane was going to try something stupid?

When he was hitting himself in the head in the shed with the prisoner.

sorry i forgot the quote the first time :)

Jessica

Anyone else see the parallel to the Night of the Living Dead?

Trapped in a farm house, at night, zombies all around...

Think it's on purpose, a tip of the hat, or just the usual zombie scenario/thing to do/coincidence?

At which point during last night's episode did you people begin to suspect that Shane was going to try something stupid?

In the scene before the opening credits start.

Anyone else see the parallel to the Night of the Living Dead?

Trapped in a farm house, at night, zombies all around...

Think it's on purpose, a tip of the hat, or just the usual zombie scenario/thing to do/coincidence?

Probably all of the above

When he was hitting himself in the head in the shed with the prisoner.

sorry i forgot the quote the first time :)

Jessica

..but Jessica, Shane never hit his head on the shed he hit his head/broke his nose on a tree nearby where he broke the kids neck.

Anyway his whole plan (shanes) was so incredibly screwed up it was silly. Just totally illogivcal and emotional which pretty much says he was at awitless end. Even Rick asks him "think about it you're just going to murder me and walk back to the farm and take my place."

Hillbilly Daryl was questioning Shane before the four of them even split up so he and probably Rick maybe Glenn were thinking there was something phony about Shanes story.

Hillbilly Daryl was questioning Shane before the four of them even split up so he and probably Rick maybe Glenn were thinking there was something phony about Shanes story.

Daryl knew Shane killed Otis right off the bat when he said (paraphrasing): "He said Otis was coving him and then he shows up back here with a dead mans gun".

..but Jessica, Shane never hit his head on the shed he hit his head/broke his nose on a tree nearby where he broke the kids neck.

Shane was hitting his head... with his hands in the shed. i think thats what she meant...

Daryl knew Shane killed Otis right off the bat when he said (paraphrasing): "He said Otis was coving him and then he shows up back here with a dead mans gun".

i believe what johnman meant was Shanes phony story about randall, not otis.

Dale the arm chair expert - gets killed wondering off being all old and wise forgetting there was a zombie apocalypses going on - very appropriate.
Shane was a bigger poser than Dale glad he's finally dead - made a lot of noise acting all outraged ape shit flinging from the start - has a choice between Andrea and Laurie and he chooses the Married whinny bitchy soccer mom, and then can't even man up to just kill Rick right away.
I would think a cop would at least have enough sense to come up with a better cover story or even at least plan out a murder not just improvise one.
Not just glad he's dead but thrilled he lost in a gun fight to a knife the slow dumbass bitch. even I knew Rick was going to get between Shane and his gun so he couldn't shoot, close the distance, get in the first strike.

Dale the arm chair expert - gets killed wondering off being all old and wise forgetting there was a zombie apocalypses going on - very appropriate.
Shane was a bigger poser than Dale glad he's finally dead - made a lot of noise acting all outraged ape shit flinging from the start - has a choice between Andrea and Laurie and he chooses the Married whinny bitchy soccer mom, and then can't even man up to just kill Rick right away.
I would think a cop would at least have enough sense to come up with a better cover story or even at least plan out a murder not just improvise one.
Not just glad he's dead but thrilled he lost in a gun fight to a knife the slow dumbass bitch. even I knew Rick was going to get between Shane and his gun so he couldn't shoot, close the distance, get in the first strike.

shane DID plan out the murder. thats why he smashed his face on the tree, and then hid his gun when he realized that he locked the door after taking randall out of the barn.

shane DID plan out the murder. thats why he smashed his face on the tree, and then hid his gun when he realized that he locked the door after taking randall out of the barn.

That was improvised on the spot when he got the urge in his head and when he was about to get caught and not very well, Daryl figured it out right away.

I could see the "Bad Fucking Idea" look in Shane's eye's when Laurie was telling him all that shit at the windmill. Darryl follows command well because if they piss him off, he'll just say "fuck it" and leave. He'd probably do fine on his own.

i believe what johnman meant was shanes phony story about randall, not otis.

I know.
What I'm saying is that Daryl has known all along what Shane did and what he was was capable of, so none of it was a surprise to him.

As for Dale wandering off and being old and forgetful (about the zombie infestation)...he was only out there because he was so distraught by what the group was about to do -- kill Randall (but didn't end up doing).

As a side note, I did some reading about the comic story (which I have not read) and it is very different from the teevee show.
The comic story is definitely much darker and unhappy, and seemingly better overall.
Can't wait until the show starts drawing more of the comic elements into it!

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
For what it is worth, my predictions for the next deaths:
Carol - her time is up. Her husband is dead, her kid is dead...she basically has nothing to live for.
Hershel's other two kids (not Maggie...I think she makes it). They really are not main characters. They are expendable.

Possibly, T-Dog could buy it. He has not been featured all that much, but I think the return of Merle will signify his end.
Possible surprise death: Hershel. Maybe Glenn.

Well whatever happens next I feel as far as my enjoyment of the series it's going to be epic season finale. I'm actually going to be a little miffed that it's going to end as I look so forward to seeing what happens next each Sunday evening. I don't want to start betting on who might die at season finale as I want all the characters around however I would not mind if Andrea died. I am sorry but I find her extremely annoying. Carol is useless too and I don't want to see her go but there is not much usefulness accompanying her character so I easily see her killed off.

I guess next after the Walking Dead I'll start watching Game of Thrones which I think starts it's second season April1.

I also watch a few other series such as Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy but I guess they won't be back until the summer months so gotta wait.

That is not far from my thoughts on his character. I have "The Walking Dead" as a 'like' on FB and once in awhile AMC posts some decent links to The Walking Dead character interviews. T-Dog was on an interview the otherday with AMC (however so was Randall, the kid they had in the barn) and I just get the idea they might start utilizing his character some more.

I know what you mean about T-Dog, the episode before last, he was shown in multiple scenes, and I don't believe he had one line in the episode. This is one of the best shows on television, and I have a feeling it's going to be on for many more seasons. Pretty upset the finale is coming up.

If the series takes place in Atlanta...how come T-Dog is the ONLY Black guy on the show?!?!? :dunno:

And where are the African American zombies???