• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Walking Dead on AMC

If the series takes place in Atlanta...how come T-Dog is the ONLY Black guy on the show?!?!? :dunno:

And where are the African American zombies???

ikr? with all due respect, there arent many african american fans of horror willing to be dressed up as zombies... i think ive seen a handful if at all of them at conventions

WTF...are we talking about affirmative rights for zombies now?

I'm talking about REALITY!

With over 50% of the Atlanta population being black you would think there would be more than ONE Afrimerican dude on the show.
And at least ONE Afrozombie!

But wth...guess reality don't count too much for nothin' on zombee teevee!

It would be like doing a zombie show in Surrey/Richmond and not having any East Indians/Asians!
(that was for the homeboy ;) )

I've seen some black dudes in the show. After Rick shot those two guys in the bar their buddies were looking for them and ended up in a shootout with the group. Hershell shot some black dude that was shooting at them and then the zombies got the guy. Plus in some behind the scenes photos I've seen at least one black dude in zombie make up. But I think now I got to rewatch the whole series to see how many I can spot in the crowds 'cause I've never paid any attention to that before.

Though I'm glad to see some of my vatos have survived :tongue:

I'm talking about REALITY!

With over 50% of the Atlanta population being black you would think there would be more than ONE Afrimerican dude on the show.
And at least ONE Afrozombie!

But wth...guess reality don't count too much for nothin' on zombee teevee!

It would be like doing a zombie show in Surrey/Richmond and not having any East Indians/Asians!
(that was for the homeboy ;) )

ha ha, Yeah I'm just joking around I actually agree with you. However yeah, you can't add logic to Zombie movies or shows it just doesn't factor in.

After Rick gets out fo the hospital he was taken in by the Black guy and his kid and that guys wife was also Black (zombie that is.)

I'll probably be looking for ethnicity everytime I see a zombie now thanks to these posts, LOL :facepalm:

(also they dropped that guy off before they got to the Medical base, who was probably going to die, he was balck wasn't he. I assume he "turned" and is now a zombie.)

Hey, forgot about Morgan!! The guy who helped Rick in the first episode. His wife is a zombie. Then according to the comics his son wil end up as a zombie too. There, done.

Night of the Living Dead:

night-of-the-living-dead-group.jpg

See him!!!

And that was in racist 1968....in white-ass Pennsylvania!!

Come on TWD!!!

:rolleyes:

WOOO HOOO!!!

walking-dead-season-2-pic-1.jpg

And his Brotha!

101711_Walking_Dead400.jpg

TWO in this shot! (remember this scene?)

AL10APR-WALKING%20DEAD%20MAIN.jpg

Heh...I'm just killin' time until Sunday! ;)

Night of the Living Dead:

night-of-the-living-dead-group.jpg

See him!!!

And that was in racist 1968....in white-ass Pennsylvania!!

Come on TWD!!!

:rolleyes:

I read some place that the guy was like the least expensive actor Romero could hire, which actually worked out great as he inadvertedly created like the first ever black movie hero. I guess back in the 60's the dead needed to rise for whites to join with blacks to fight a common enemy :tongue:

I read some place that the guy was like the least expensive actor Romero could hire, which actually worked out great as he inadvertedly created like the first ever black movie hero. I guess back in the 60's the dead needed to rise for whites to join with blacks to fight a common enemy :tongue:

Yeah, back then it was hard to figure out what audiences were more freaked out by -- the zombies or the black leading man/hero! LOL!

But...they still killed him in the end :(

Yeah, back then it was hard to figure out what audiences were more freaked out by -- the zombies or the black leading man/hero! LOL!

But...they still killed him in the end :(

Let me put it this way... back then they didn't have as much make up to make the zombies as scary as they are now :tongue:

And, yes, the ending, that was what made Night of the Living Day so groundbreaking. Not only did it gave birth to the zombie genre, and not only did it have a black leading man but if you've seen all those "horror" and sci-fi movies from the 1950's to early 1960's they all had a "happy ending", the hero destroyed the monster, got the girl, and the future was bright and happy. Night of the Living Dead showed an ending that was more realistic and bleak, yes, the hero survived at the end but sometimes there are no happy endings. Just like life.

This is one show I just can't get into for some reason. I am absolutely daft about zombie movies and zombie novels and zombie video games :zombie:

But this show makes me feel like I am washing an endless pile of dishes when watching it. I'm so daft for zombies that I wanted to be one when I grew up lol well not really. But you get the point I is trying to make here. I just don't understand why I find this show so boring. I am basing my comments and thoughts off of seeing season one. I've not seen season two for fear it is just more of the same as season one... with more episodes.

Shifty

O.G.
^^ The show is more about human drama than it is about zombies / walkers.

The Walking Dead describes the survivor more than anything else.

exactly. when the first half of the second season wasnt a zombie onslaught, people were all up in arms. the term "walking dead" isnt about the zombies, its the survivors. if there wasnt any time devoted to character development, it wouldnt mean as much if or when they die. the whole point is to empathize or imagine yourself in the situation, not so much killing hordes of zombies. i know if i were in a zombie apocalypse, i would certainly try to distance myself from them, not run around killing as many as i could.

I am well aware of that fact and was before viewing the show for the first time as well. But it does nothing for morale. The show is flat in terms of entertainment for me. I didn't buy into it on season one and I honestly don't see it happening in season two either. So I might not bother with season two... or three. But then that's just my view on it. No one elses. In terms of mind numbing boredom this show reminds me of the Max Brooks book World War Z. I wasted £14.99p on that book. That will never happen to me again with anything Max Brooks writes. No fucking way will it.

Shifty

O.G.
I am well aware of that fact and was before viewing the show for the first time as well. But it does nothing for morale. The show is flat in terms of entertainment for me. I didn't buy into it on season one and I honestly don't see it happening in season two either. So I might not bother with season two... or three. But then that's just my view on it. No one elses. In terms of mind numbing boredom this show reminds me of the Max Brooks book World War Z. I wasted £14.99p on that book. That will never happen to me again with anything Max Brooks writes. No fucking way will it.

Actually, I don't disagree at all. I had just come off off watching shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad and I was poised for some action. This show just simply doesn't deliver it on the same scale.; the overall pace has been much slower.