• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Trump Presidency

Do you ...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people's disinterest in a comment translates to agreement.

There is a habit of throwing around fairly complex information and speaking as if "we" have a real understanding of it. I think Trump is a huckster at heart and is so unpolished that he is an embarrassment. That doesn't mean he is the root of all evil and me stating he isn't the root of all evil isn't an endorsement. That seems to be difficult concept - holding everyone to the same standard or at least attempting to.

This all stems from the Woodward quotes. Knowing Trump's ramblings, it seems like people are putting heavy weight on this. We all lived through December through April, so we saw what happened. The first three months of the year were consumed with a political impeachment.

Trump clearly had his opportunity to shine as a leader (like either Roosevelt would have), but he failed to inspire confidence or to take strong actions down to the state level. He did take action, with resistance, to close the borders, pulled together a highly regarded health services team, and harnessed businesses to produce ventilators.

If you want to pick apart his actions on leaving the states to determine their own policies based on their more granular geographical circumstances, there may be something there. I don't see how him making the statement he made to Woodward would have had material difference.

I think closed minded name calling and hate is the biggest problem. It makes people ignore facts, latch onto confirming what they already believe, and leads directly to racism, violence, and further divsion.
Well said. Now duck.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Let's not forget that Cohen has a new book out too. He is a felon and has not always told the truth, so he is not completely reliable. Please take he following quote from his book with the proverbial grain of salt.

Cohen adds that after Mandela's death, Mr. Trump said South Africa "was once a beautiful country twenty, thirty years ago," when it was still under apartheid rule. "Mandela fucked the whole country up. Now it's a shithole," he quotes Mr. Trump saying. "Fuck Mandela. He was no leader."​

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
The CNN/Michael Cohen love affair had an awkward initial meeting. Michael Cohen was, is, and will always be a cockroach. Donald Trump was a bad judge of character for ever trusting him. Cohen is, at least, a useful idiot for CNN in their holy crusade to remove Trump from office.

This is one of those rare things we can agree on. I don't know why anyone is giving Cohen air time. He's forever trump-tainted, and he's not telling us anything we don't already know.

gmase

This is one of those rare things we can agree on. I don't know why anyone is giving Cohen air time. He's forever trump-tainted, and he's not telling us anything we don't already know.
He is indicative of the people surrounding Trump for more than a couple years. Anyone with a semblance of integrity has bailed out.

If you want to pick apart his actions on leaving the states to determine their own policies based on their more granular geographical circumstances, there may be something there. I don't see how him making the statement he made to Woodward would have had material difference.

That's a pretty shockingly ignorant thing to say. He told Woodward that he knew it was airborne, then spent months refusing to mandate or even encourage mask wearing. To this day, he mocks people wearing masks. He told Woodward that he knew it was 5 times deadlier than the flu, then told Americans it was no worse than the flu. He told Woodward he knew it wasn't just affecting older people, then pushed, and is still pushing, for schools to reopen.

Is it surprising or shocking? Of course not, not to anyone who has been paying attention. But it is undeniable proof that he had this knowledge, and then lied to the American people regarding information that without a doubt would have saved lives.

This is the president of the united states actively working against the advice of his own health experts, and you don't know if it would have made a difference???

I'm going to stop here, because the mind boggling stupidity of your statement has made me far too irate to carry on a productive conversation.

georges

Staff member
Trump announces second historic Middle East peace deal between Bahrain And Israel
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/tru...265680b20e543dc2a6473c7b9fa19141&source=TPICI

Trump to Feds: Stop ‘Anti-American’ training on ‘critical race theory’
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/tru...265680b20e543dc2a6473c7b9fa19141&source=TPICI

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/tr...=DM145081_09092020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502bxom0j

Trump pulling more US Troops Out of Iraq
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/t...=DM145081_09092020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502bxom0j

US Revokes Visas for 1,000 Chinese Under Trump Order
https://www.newsmax.com/us/china-vi...=DM145161_09102020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502jrskhb

Wow, 7 turds from georges in one day, but not a single post addressing anything I've said. He's not only intelligent and insightful, he's also courageous and dignified, and his posts bring a lot of value to the conversation.

trump admin admits defunding FDNY's 9/11 healthcare program - The Trump administration admitted Friday to stripping millions of dollars from an FDNY fund that foots healthcare bills for 9/11 survivors and promised to try to put an end to the heartless practice.
The administration’s about-face came after the Daily News exclusively reported Thursday that the Treasury Department has over the past four years siphoned nearly $4 million from the FDNY World Trade Center Health Program, which helps cover medical services for firefighters, EMTs and paramedics still suffering from 9/11-related illnesses.

At current count, trump's golf habit has cost US taxpayers about 141 million dollars.

gmase

Trump was playing groundhog whilst touring CA areas damaged by wildfire:

CA official: “We want to work with you to really recognize the change in climate and what it means for our forests. And actually work together with that science, that science is going to be key because if we ignore that science and sort of put our head in the sand and think it’s all about vegetation management, we’re not going to succeed together protecting Californians,”
Trump: "It’ll start getting cooler, you just watch”
CA official: “I wish science agreed with you"
Trump: “I don’t think science knows, actually"

Yes, the weather in northern California will get colder as fall and winter approach. The climate appears to heading in an upward direction - hotter and drier.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Trump was playing groundhog whilst touring CA areas damaged by wildfire:

CA official: “We want to work with you to really recognize the change in climate and what it means for our forests. And actually work together with that science, that science is going to be key because if we ignore that science and sort of put our head in the sand and think it’s all about vegetation management, we’re not going to succeed together protecting Californians,”
Trump: "It’ll start getting cooler, you just watch”
CA official: “I wish science agreed with you"
Trump: “I don’t think science knows, actually"

Yes, the weather in northern California will get colder as fall and winter approach. The climate appears to heading in an upward direction - hotter and drier.
I keep telling you that Logic will get you in trouble. Wait till the second term and the camps open.

Remember when Republicans used ot claim Obama would use martial law to cancel the election and stay in office ? Well, that's basicaly what Roger Stone would like Trump to do...

Roger Stone tells Trump to bring in martial law if he loses election

Trump ally also recommends jailing the Clintons and Mark Zuckerberg

Roger Stone, a former political consultant for the Trump campaign and convicted felon, has said the president should impose martial law if he loses the election in November.
The veteran Republican operative said Donald Trump should invoke the Insurrection Act and arrest Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Tim Cook of Apple, Bill and Hillary Clinton and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity”.
“I do not advocate preventive detention, but people who commit crimes and think they can continue to get away with it because we have two-tier justice are just wrong,” he told conspiracy theorist Alex Jones during a call to his online Infowars show.

Stone repeated uncorroborated claims of voter fraud in Florida and Nevada, and said that votes from the latter state, where the president held a campaign rally on Saturday, should not be counted because “they are already flooded with illegals”.

The ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals and taken from the state. They are completely corrupted. No votes should be counted from the state of Nevada if that turns out to be the provable case. Send federal marshals to the Clark county board of elections, Mr President.”
Stone said he wants an honest, legal and transparent election in which the real winner takes office – but he ruled out Joe Biden as that real winner and said “force will be met with force” if Mr Trump is not re-elected.
He recommended “forming an election day operation using the FBI, federal marshals and Republican state officials across the country to be prepared to file legal objections [to voting results] and if necessary to physically stand in the way of criminal activity”.

Stone went on to suggest that journalists, specifically those from the Daily Beast, be jailed if they are found to be involved in “seditious and illegal activity”, in response to a report on the website detailing what left-wing groups plan to do if Mr Trump loses November’s election but refuses to leave office.
He said: “If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious and illegal activities, their entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down. They want to play war, this is war.”

Stone was indicted by federal prosecutors on seven counts, including witness tampering and lying to federal investigators, following Robert Mueller’s November 2019 investigation into the Trump campaign’s involvement in Russia hacking the 2016 election.
He was found guilty and sentenced to 40 months in federal prison, but Mr Trump commuted Stone’s sentence in July 2020 after he publicly pleaded for him to do so.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...020-election-clintons-zuckerberg-b434072.html

Martial law, ignoring votes, using force to stay in office, jailing political opponents and medias... That's fascism 101. Roger Stone is pushing for Trump to enforce fascism in the US

gmase

I keep telling you that Logic will get you in trouble. Wait till the second term and the camps open.
You do and I don't take the advice at my peril.

Re: Bashar Assad
Rewind to 2018
Woodward
in "Fear": Trump urged Mattis that the US should 'fucking kill' Assad.
Trump: "... never even discussed ...No, that was never even contemplated, nor would it be contemplated and it should not have been written about in the book"

Yesterday
Trump
: “I would've rather taken him out. I had him all set. Mattis didn’t want to do it. Mattis was a highly overrated general," [emphasis added]

gmase

It was fake (satirical) news as Trump likes to say.

Here's a funny one I found while trying to find out if there was some merit to the claim:
"Well, I tell you what -- it helps in Ohio that we've got Democrats in charge of the machines," Obama said during a September 2008 campaign stop to applause. "Um, but look, I come from Chicago, so I want to be honest, it's not as if it's just Republicans who have monkeyed around with elections. Sometimes Democrats have too. You know, whenever people are in power, you know, they have this tendency to try to tilt things in their direction."

No. Never heard that even once. Examples?
https://www.newscats.org/?p=292
Interesting how the very last paragraph is totally appropriate for the current situation if you only change one word from it :

It is hard to imagine that the president of the United States would violate over 200 years of history with a civilian government peacefully transitioning power to a new chief executive every four or eight years. But Trump has shown himself to be a different kind of president, one who is an ideologue willing to ignore the Constitution and the will of the people in order to ram through his agenda, no matter what the cost. It does not take a lot of imagination to see where Dr. Carson is coming from, nor to see that this plan could be taking shape this very moment in the White House.

https://www.newscats.org/?p=292
Interesting how the very last paragraph is totally appropriate for the current situation if you only change one word from it :

It is hard to imagine that the president of the United States would violate over 200 years of history with a civilian government peacefully transitioning power to a new chief executive every four or eight years. But Trump has shown himself to be a different kind of president, one who is an ideologue willing to ignore the Constitution and the will of the people in order to ram through his agenda, no matter what the cost. It does not take a lot of imagination to see where Dr. Carson is coming from, nor to see that this plan could be taking shape this very moment in the White House.
Not going to click on the link dodgy source but I am a republican for more than half a century and I never heard a peep about that just more noise to get people riled up news gets everyone worked up over far fetched hypotheticals instead of covering news like historical mid east peace agreements, jobs reports, polling that doesn't fit

gmase

Newscats would be a dodgy source for anything serious.

Here's its banner:
Vote-heading-4.png

Here's Mike Pompeo on June 29 this year on China's forced sterilization of Uighur Muslims - The world received disturbing reports today that the Chinese Communist Party is using forced sterilisation, forced abortion, and coercive family planning against Uyghurs and other minorities in Xinjiang, as part of a continuing campaign of repression. We call on the Chinese Communist Party to immediately end these horrific practices and ask all nations to join the United States in demanding an end to these dehumanizing abuses.

Here's a fun fact, China has been doing it by forced IUDs. They're not literally removing reproductive organs with no explanation or against people's wishes.

Just thought this might become relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.