• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official 2008/2009 NFL Football Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nanner:

Neither is the Cardinals' 9-7 regular season record.

:2 cents:

Well 30 td's vs 14 interceptions and 4500 yards are not bad stats for Warner..

I agree the Cardinals 9-7 record in a weak conference was not great at all, but they made it to the big game with some solid playoff wins.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
I agree the Cardinals 9-7 record in a weak conference was not great at all, but they made it to the big game with some solid playoff wins.

Solid playoff wins? They had it easy. They can thank their opponents, namely the Eagles for blowing it. The Eagles should've won that game!!! The Steelers played 2 tough games against San Diego and Baltimore. The AFC is the more dominant and toughest conference and Arizona hasn't got a prayer against the Steelers.

For some reason this Arizona team reminds me of those sadsacky Buffalo Bills teams from the 90s....how'd they fare in the Super Bowl?

Solid playoff wins? They had it easy. They can thank their opponents, namely the Eagles for blowing it. The Eagles should've won that game!!! The Steelers played 2 tough games against San Diego and Baltimore. The AFC is the more dominant and toughest conference and Arizona hasn't got a prayer against the Steelers.

A 12-4 Carolina beat the Chargers and the Cards beat Philly who beat the Steelers in the regular season. For Philly losing in the NFC Championship game does not weigh on the Cards. They played very well against them.

You are living in la la land to think the Cards dont have a chance! See Giants last year.... The Steelers D is fantastic, but they have allot of bases to cover with Warner, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Breaston and James. I think they pull out a win, but it should be a good game.

Hey! I am not a big Cardinals or Steelers fan, but I used to live in both cities and had season tickets for both teams. So I am looking forward to the game.

For some reason this Arizona team reminds me of those sadsacky Buffalo Bills teams from the 90s....how'd they fare in the Super Bowl?

Making it to the Superbowl 4 times is a sad story without coming up with one win! I rooted for them every year to pull one out! Damn I hate those Cowboys for a couple of those games!

Which city did you enjoy living in better? Which city had the chestier chicks?

Phoenix by far. Arizona State where I went to school for a year was stacked. The warm weather does not hurt a bit either.

Pittsburgh has some fine women too and finishing college in PA, I can attest.

City wise, I like Pittsburgh. Good people, great suburbs and a decent downtown. I love the Midwest and it was close to my hometown of Detroit.

Phoenix was a big sprawl to me, not allot of character in my book, but still a nice place to live.

:wtf:

That Bills team actually should've won at least one of those Superbowls,being the first one,no thanks to Scott Norwood.

To say that the Bills were "sadsacky" is a bit off base.Even though they didn't win any,how many other teams have made it to four straight Superbowls?NONE.

They had a dominant defense a strong well balanced offense,and they pretty much stayed consistent for FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS!

Now I'm not a Bills fan by any stretch,but to say that this Cardinals team reminds you of them is absolutely ludicrous.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
A 12-4 Carolina beat the Chargers and the Cards beat Philly who beat the Steelers in the regular season.

Whhhhhat? :dunno:

You are living in la la land to think the Cards dont have a chance! See Giants last year.... The Steelers D is fantastic, but they have allot of bases to cover with Warner, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Breaston and James. I think they pull out a win, but it should be a good game.

Why do people keep comparing the Cardinals with last year's Giants? The Giants weren't some mediocre team that made the playoffs by winning a shitty division, like the Cardinals are.

The Cardinals have a barely mediocre defense that gives up a lot of points. Their offense isn't that great either. Yes, they have 2 excellent wide receivers and a good quarterback, but that's all they have. Their line isn't that good, their TE's don't produce much and their running game is the worst in the NFL. The Steelers are going to shut them down with precision.

The Giants were an all-around good team, both offensively and defensively.

Also, let's not forget that it took a miraculous catch for the Giants to win.

yeah the cardinals are nothing like last years giants. and they certianly are not like the 90's bills that was a dominant team done in by bad luck the should have won 1 or 2 of those 4 souperbowls. i still the the cardinals will give the steelers a good game

red001

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw a big GO STEELERS sign written in the snow by where I live today!!!!!

member979979

Closed Account
It still has not hit me that we have a new president of the USA. The only thing that has hit me is, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!

Whhhhhat? :dunno:

Why do people keep comparing the Cardinals with last year's Giants? The Giants weren't some mediocre team that made the playoffs by winning a shitty division, like the Cardinals are.

The Cardinals have a barely mediocre defense that gives up a lot of points. Their offense isn't that great either. Yes, they have 2 excellent wide receivers and a good quarterback, but that's all they have. Their line isn't that good, their TE's don't produce much and their running game is the worst in the NFL. The Steelers are going to shut them down with precision.

The Giants were an all-around good team, both offensively and defensively.

Also, let's not forget that it took a miraculous catch for the Giants to win.

I will give you them having a #19 ranked defense and a poor running game in the regular season. They did have the #4 rated in total offense. Pittsburgh was #22. How is that not great? They also had 3 1,000 yard recievers. Pittsburgh has a #23 ranked ground game and #22 passing, very medicore!

The Pittsburgh D is superb carried the team all year and that will win them the game.

AZ does have better rushing stats than the Steelers in the post season.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Pittsburgh has a #23 ranked ground game and #22 passing, very medicore!

The Pittsburgh D is superb carried the team all year and that will win them the game.

AZ does have better rushing stats than the Steelers in the post season.

Have you ever heard the saying that the best offense is a good defense? Needless to say the Steelers have the best defense in the NFL. No team has had success against the run at all. We allowed, what...one 100 yard game all season? Big fucking whoop!!!! We have the 2 best defensive players in the game today in James Harrison and Troy Polamalu. The defense of the Steelers will win the game for them, there's no doubt there. And the only reason the Cards have good rushing numbers is they've played 3 playoff games. The Steelers have only played 2, simply because they're not some wildcard team this year with a 9-7 record. The Cards are lucky, very lucky to be in the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.