• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Dark Knight broke the all-time opening

Wow, a post full of nothing but bullshit and absolute lies, wouda thunk it?

Ticket prices for movies are not double what they were when Titanic came out. They aren't even a third again as expensive.

And there is no fucking wya that DK will beat Titanic. Not with a box office drop of over 50% in the second week and the expected drops of another 50% every week thereafter.

It will be a damn long time and require the prefect set of circumstances to come along for a movie to beat Titanic's box office record, and you can be damn sure it's not going to be some super hero piece of shit like DK.

Idiot.:ban::ban::ban::ban:

You are right about everything except for calling TDK a piece of shit.

I agree with Plasma,you need to chill.It's just a movie,ya know?

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Wow, a post full of nothing but bullshit and absolute lies, wouda thunk it?

Ticket prices for movies are not double what they were when Titanic came out. They aren't even a third again as expensive.

And there is no fucking wya that DK will beat Titanic. Not with a box office drop of over 50% in the second week and the expected drops of another 50% every week thereafter.

It will be a damn long time and require the prefect set of circumstances to come along for a movie to beat Titanic's box office record, and you can be damn sure it's not going to be some super hero piece of shit like DK.

Idiot.:ban::ban::ban::ban:

Wow, you're a friendly little chap.

Daddy not pay enough attention to you as a kid?

Are you serious?!

Look,I love TDK,but it's gonna be a reeeeally tall order to take down a movie that 1) grossed over 1 billion dollars total 2)grossed over 600 million dollar domestically and 3)stayed the number 1 film for 15 fucking weeks in a row!15 weeks!

I just don't see it happening.

I know it seems daunting, but it's already almost to $400 million and it's just in the past week or so opened worldwide. In what, 3 weeks?

Agreed, but they're closing the distance.

I don't imagine that the Dark Knight will beat Titanic, but weirder things have happened, like two $150 million weekends in as many years. If the Oscar momentum continues, then Titanic's record may fall.

One question, though: Who is expecting continuous 50% drops? Spider-man nor Shrek 2 nor Dead Man's Chest received continuous drops that large. (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/fastest.htm?page=350&p=.htm)

dave_rhino

Closed Account
if u meant beat, then yes i agree. there will never be a batman as great as the fist one and same with the joker. i will not be seeing this one.

Not only is Heath the best Joker, he's one of the best villains in any movie.

Infact, I didn't even notice Heath was in the film. He just disapeared into the character completely. I thought people were bigging him up purely because he is dead, but that is so far from the truth. He's amazing, never seen anything like it.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I think you should give the film a chance.

Not only is Heath the best Joker, he's one of the best villains in any movie.

Infact, I didn't even notice Heath was in the film. He just disapeared into the character completely. I thought people were bigging him up purely because he is dead, but that is so far from the truth. He's amazing, never seen anything like it.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I think you should give the film a chance.

The sentence in bold print is for all of the Heath Ledger haters.

I had no feelings one way or another for Ledger prior to this movie,but when I first heard the announcement that he was going to be Joker,I didn't hate the idea but I wasn't too sure either.After watching TDK,I agree,he really disappears into his character.I won't knock anyone if they liked Nicholson's Joker,but with all due respect to Jack and everyone else,Ledger's Joker is the pinnacle of comic to movie villains.

Aaron Eckhart was pretty damn good as well.

Last edited:
http://www.boxofficeguru.com/weekend.htm

Fan frenzy for the Caped Crusader kept the unstoppable juggernaut The Dark Knight in the number one spot for the third weekend in a row in North America narrowly beating the new adventure sequel The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor which settled for the silver medal. However on a global scale, the Mummy sequel won the gold with $102M worldwide beating out the Batman flick's $81M. Meanwhile, Kevin Costner's latest offering Swing Vote was met with apathy as it bombed and landed in sixth place with a dismal performance.

The Joker couldn't stop stealing more cash. Warner Bros. enjoyed a superb hold for The Dark Knight which only dropped by 42% in its third outing to an estimated $43.8M. Averaging a still-muscular $10,267 per theater, the superhero sequel boosted its total to a jaw-dropping $394.9M in only 17 days and could now cross the $400M mark on Monday. The dark PG-13 actioner also broke into the top ten among all-time domestic blockbusters and now sits at number eight surpassing the $380.3M of 2005's Star Wars Episode III.

The new Batpic is holding up so well that it is now virtually guaranteed to smash the $500M barrier too. The road ahead should be promising as late summer megahits that truly please audiences tend to have low declines in August. 2006's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest witnessed a 44% drop in its third outing at number one and its 17-day cume of $321.9M represented 76% of its eventual final. Last summer's The Bourne Ultimatum banked $164.7M by the end of its third session which accounted for 72% of its overall cume. At a similar pace, The Dark Knight would go on to approach the neighborhood of $520M for an astonishing box office run.

Internationally, The Dark Knight grossed an estimated $37M from 51 markets to boost its stellar overseas tally to $202.5M. That gives the comic book flick a worldwide cume of $597.4M with much more fuel still in the tank as major markets like Korea, Japan, Spain, France, Russia, and Germany have yet to open.

The Dark Knight shattered the $400M barrier on Monday after only 18 days of release breaking the speed record by an enormous margin. The old industry milestone was held for four years by Shrek 2 which needed more than twice as much time, 43 days in the summer of 2004, to surpass the quadruple-century mark.
Warner Bros. grossed $6.3M on Monday to push the cume to $400M even and dropped only 40% from last Monday displaying solid strength for a massive tentpole film. The new Batman saga still sits at number eight on the all-time blockbusters list and will surpass Spider-Man by Wednesday morning to become the highest grossing superhero film ever. At its current pace, Knight should find its way to roughly $416M by the end of the third week.

By the end of the fourth weekend, the unstoppable juggernaut will soar to the number three spot on the all-time list trailing just Titanic and Star Wars. Ticket prices were different during the eras of those films so Knight's admissions tally will not be as close, but for today's time this is truly a historic box office achievement.

This is so much fun. Just watching this movie break records while also moving closer to other records. It's really is like watching "The Indestructible Force vs. The Immovable Object".

dave_rhino

Closed Account
^ I'm watching it right now.

Erm...

I'm on my laptop... in the cinema.... Yeeeah ;)

But the great thing about the cinema is they gave me a special remote so I can fast forward it to the best bits.

I can't wait for the DVD, it better be jam packed with extras or I'll be mad!

A documentary going over all the viral stuff would be a spectacular addition for the DVD version.

Also, those "Gotham Tonight" episodes better be on the special features too, damn it!

It's damn amazing that this movie is a juggernaut at the box office still...though Mummy 3 is nothing but shit. In fact, it's exactly OPPOSITE TDK...TDK is how a sequel is supposed to be done..Mummy 3 is simply a pathetic, shameless moneygrab...

There's a rumor on Yahoo about Johnny Depp possibly being cast as "The Riddler" in the next Batman. That would be a horrendous choice, in my opinion. It would hardly continue the genius realism angle that Nolan has mastered with the franchise...

The article also dropped Angelina Jolie as a possible "Catwoman." I am now officially AGAINST any Catwoman appearing in these movies...Nolan isn't dumb enough to put Angelina Jolie in this film. What's next--Paris Hilton as Poison Ivy?

There's a rumor on Yahoo about Johnny Depp possibly being cast as "The Riddler" in the next Batman. That would be a horrendous choice, in my opinion. It would hardly continue the genius realism angle that Nolan has mastered with the franchise...

The article also dropped Angelina Jolie as a possible "Catwoman." I am now officially AGAINST any Catwoman appearing in these movies...Nolan isn't dumb enough to put Angelina Jolie in this film. What's next--Paris Hilton as Poison Ivy?

These are all fanboy rumors.I'm pretty sure that the script for the next movie isn't even written yet,so why would they start rumors about casting,especially when TDK is still kickin' ass?

These are terrible choices anyway.In fact,I'm not that keen on them introducing Catwoman into the franchise.

The more shit that I here,the more that I pray that they don't even make anymore films in this franchise.

It's not that surprising to see fan speculation on who will be featured as the villain in the next Batman movie. Hell, that was happening with Batman Begins. And there was even sequel talk even before Begins started it's box office run. But with Superhero films, that's largely to be expected.

Personally, I wouldnt put any stock into any Depp or Jolie rumors. It's waaay too early for anything like that to be called upon by WB at this point. Catwoman, The Riddler, and The Penguin are certainly villains (or in Catwoman's case; villain/anti-hero) I wouldnt mind seeing in future Batman movies, but something tells me we might not be getting any of the above. However, all 3 could be brought into Nolan's Bat-World with relative ease.