• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Best/Smartest Show on Television - HBO's "The Wire"

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Umm...Savino got his head splattered by Omar

Fuckin sick scene too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agwGqLpelso

"...You know what yo..."

BANG

That was Sick indeed. I remember that scene, and I know Savino got GOT.

What I should have wrote was I didn't know Savino was still alive "until Marlo smoked his ass comin out of the liqour store. that was sick, just shot him in the head."

So I was just sayin I didn't know Savino was still around for the 5th season when Omar catches him slippin.

but thanx for making sure I knew what happened. thinkin back I am tryin to remember if anything in season 5 happened that I didn't understand or couldn't remember but nothing comes to mind right now. if I have any questions I'll be sure to ask ya. :D

Marlo Manson

I just finished Season 3 and agree with all that The Wire is the best damn series in TV history. Great acting, writing and editing. And what storylines!

Welcome to THE WIRE addicts domain. :rolleyes::D All Praise due to THE WIRE!! :bowdown::hatsoff:

Just finished season 5. Have to say I didn't think it was on par with the other ones: felt too rushed and not as real as the other seasons. Still fantastic stuff, just not as fantastic as the first four seasons.

Just finished season 5. Have to say I didn't think it was on par with the other ones: felt too rushed and not as real as the other seasons. Still fantastic stuff, just not as fantastic as the first four seasons.

I think that was mainly due to the writers strike that was either happening right around that time or was going to happen. So I believe they tried to get a finished season out before it all happened, thats also the reason for the season only being 10 episodes long.

I still think that season is brilliant :hatsoff:.

I think that was mainly due to the writers strike that was either happening right around that time or was going to happen. So I believe they tried to get a finished season out before it all happened, thats also the reason for the season only being 10 episodes long.

I still think that season is brilliant :hatsoff:.

Hadn't heard that explanation before. The timing seems wrong though, with the season being shortened to ten episodes in February of 2007, ten months or so before the strike in November 2007, and principal shooting ending in September 2007, a full two months before the strike.

Hadn't heard that explanation before. The timing seems wrong though, with the season being shortened to ten episodes in February of 2007, ten months or so before the strike in November 2007, and principal shooting ending in September 2007, a full two months before the strike.

Maybe I'm wrong :dunno: I always just assumed it was the strike that was the reason for the shortened season. But I guess thats not the case.

Marlo Manson

I agree with that. although it was still stellar IMO. it was lacking in the excitement of seasons 1,3, & 4. I thought season 2 was a stretch of the main theme of the the series. to much emphasis on the Greeks and their whole MO. season 5 was a lit bit of a let down with the inner workings of the newspaper in conjunction with the streets and the fake serial killer scam. :rolleyes::eek:

and the whole lying investigative reporter was kind of boring IMO. but season 5 still was interesting enough too keep a die hard Marlo, Omar fan sitting on the edge of my seat every episode. :D:bowdown::hatsoff:

I agree with that. although it was still stellar IMO. it was lacking in the excitement of seasons 1,3, & 4. I thought season 2 was a stretch of the main theme of the the series. to much emphasis on the Greeks and their whole MO. season 5 was a lit bit of a let down with the inner workings of the newspaper in conjunction with the streets and the fake serial killer scam. :rolleyes::eek:

and the whole lying investigative reporter was kind of boring IMO. but season 5 still was interesting enough too keep a die hard Marlo, Omar fan sitting on the edge of my seat every episode. :D:bowdown::hatsoff:

I had the opposite impression of season 2, I was totally hooked by how they looked at crime from a completely new angle and with an entirely different socioeconomic group, though I'm well aware others don't share that opinion.

I had the opposite impression of season 2, I was totally hooked by how they looked at crime from a completely new angle and with an entirely different socioeconomic group, though I'm well aware others don't share that opinion.

I completely agree, 2 is definetely my second favourite season after season 4. I liked the fact that the writers had the balls to tell a completely different story without taking away any of the credibility that was gained in the first season. And that Baltimore in general was falling apart not just the general cliched view of it just being a "black" problem, that where ever you went throughout the city, the same bureaucracy and crookedness were abundant, and it wasnt helping.

I liked the fact that you got to know about where the drugs came from, not just from the point of view of the small time dealers on the street. Allowing us to observe the greek and the rest of his group was fantastic which also came to fruition in the 4th and 5th seasons when the Greeks came back rounding out that story.

Marlo Manson

I completely agree, 2 is definetely my second favourite season after season 4. I liked the fact that the writers had the balls to tell a completely different story without taking away any of the credibility that was gained in the first season. And that Baltimore in general was falling apart not just the general cliched view of it just being a "black" problem, that where ever you went throughout the city, the same bureaucracy and crookedness were abundant, and it wasnt helping.

I liked the fact that you got to know about where the drugs came from, not just from the point of view of the small time dealers on the street. Allowing us to observe the greek and the rest of his group was fantastic which also came to fruition in the 4th and 5th seasons when the Greeks came back rounding out that story.

Now that you guys mention it. I think I appreciate it more when I look @ with that perspective. Not that I disliked season 2 it just threw a curve ball in the scheme of what we were expecting after seeing the 1st season. :bowdown::hatsoff:

I recently watched it all and for me The Wire set a new standard for all to follow. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
hey wire fans.
i never saw the show before last night.
i read nothing about the storyline.
I did watch the first 2 episodes of season 1 last night.
I thought it was ok, but not that great.
a little slow and not much happened.
cant even really pick up a story besides a bunch of cops and lawyers trying to bust a
dealer selling some un named drug.

so my question, does it get better?

I was probably hooked by episode 3 or 4. What makes The Wire so good is the depth of the characters, and that you root for people on all sides of the law. There is not a single one-dimensional character on the show, and characters that you think are minor bit players right now will become huge later on. If you can't dig it half way through the first season, you probably won't like it.

FYI the unnamed drug is heroin.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Thats mighty kind of you Neighbor.
I'm gonna watch eps 3,4 next.

It seems alright so far.
And it seems like it will get better.

Thanks for the direct response.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
When you walk in the garden
Better watch your back
Well. I beg your pardon
Walk the straight and narrow track
If you walk with Jesus
It'll save your soul
But you gotta keep the devil
Way down in the hole.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
When you walk in the garden
Better watch your back
Well. I beg your pardon
Walk the straight and narrow track
If you walk with Jesus
It'll save your soul
But you gotta keep the devil
Way down in the hole.

don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man
Ooo.........

what are you talkin about maildude?

don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man
Ooo.........

what are you talkin about maildude?

They are the lyrics to the opening intro. I know the Tom Waits crowd will be on me for this but I think I like the season 1 version is the best. :2 cents: