• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Best/Smartest Show on Television - HBO's "The Wire"

Spleen

Banned?
Season 3 is good so far. My only issues with it right now are: 1) There isn't actually a wire set-up yet... I don't expect them to rush the story, but with only 12 episodes they should of hurried it along a litte more.
2) All the backstage politics with the police commisoner/judges etc.. I just don't care enough to wanna watch them talk about stuff that 90% of it I don't understand (Maybe it's too realistic for its own good in that sense)

Season 3 is good so far. My only issues with it right now are: 1) There isn't actually a wire set-up yet... I don't expect them to rush the story, but with only 12 episodes they should of hurried it along a litte more.
2) All the backstage politics with the police commisoner/judges etc.. I just don't care enough to wanna watch them talk about stuff that 90% of it I don't understand (Maybe it's too realistic for its own good in that sense)

Just wait for season 4, there is alot more politics involved in that season with the major elections etc, but IMO season 4 is probably the best season.

Spleen

Banned?
OH SHIT PREZ SHOT A FUCKING COP!!!

I swear my heart stopped beating for a minute or so then. It almost made up for the fact I know SB get's killed in season 4 (Some asshole spoiled that one for me).

OH SHIT PREZ SHOT A FUCKING COP!!!

I swear my heart stopped beating for a minute or so then. It almost made up for the fact I know SB get's killed in season 4 (Some asshole spoiled that one for me).

No he doesnt

Spleen

Banned?
No he doesnt

Ah thank Christ for that, the guy was probably messing with me.

Just saw Rawls in the gay bar, I almost pissed myself. Great mini-event, hope they don't go into it further, was perfect as it was.

Spleen

Banned?
No he doesnt

Update: Oh yes, I see that now :1orglaugh

SPOILERS

To quote the guy in the DVD Q&A section "The death of Stringer Bell was the most unwelcome television event since the introduction of the Fox News Channel"

SPOILERS

To quote the guy in the DVD Q&A section "The death of Stringer Bell was the most unwelcome television event since the introduction of the Fox News Channel"

I wasnt going to say anything, I thought I would just wait and let the error correct itself. You were watching season 3, you were bound to come to it some time. :D

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?

SPOILERS

Wow the guy in the DVD Q&A was definitely hooked on some SB!! I myself was overjoyed with SB's death!! I HATED SB!! I always thought he was the BIGGEST snake in the grass in the whole series!! BTW, I am severely ANTI-BARKSDALE, with a couple exceptions, I hated barksdale's orginization!! OMAR was my main man until MARLO became a player in the show!!! :bowdown:

I wasnt going to say anything, I thought I would just wait and let the error correct itself. You were watching season 3, you were bound to come to it some time. :D

:rofl2: yeah BB, I was thinkin the samething!! I had to let spleen watch it himself!! I even looked what episode prez shot the cop to see where spleen was, and I realized it was the next episode spleen would findout what happens!! :hatsoff:

Spleen

Banned?
Wow the guy in the DVD Q&A was definitely hooked on some SB!! I myself was overjoyed with SB's death!! I HATED SB!! I always thought he was the BIGGEST snake in the grass in the whole series!! BTW, I am severely ANTI-BARKSDALE, with a couple exceptions, I hated barksdale's orginization!! OMAR was my main man until MARLO became a player in the show!!! :bowdown:

I think it's very clever how they did it.

On the one hand, people like Stringer and seeing him get shot was quite painful... And at the same time, you are pissed off because McNulty had JUST busted the guy, he had him by the balls... And Stringer never even got to know it. I really felt for McNulty at the end of that episode.

Marlo Manson

I think it's very clever how they did it.

On the one hand, people like Stringer and seeing him get shot was quite painful... And at the same time, you are pissed off because McNulty had JUST busted the guy, he had him by the balls... And Stringer never even got to know it. I really felt for McNulty at the end of that episode.

Indeed, just one of many mind fucks in the series! I to felt disappointed for MCNULTY when he found out SB got smoked!! make no mistakes about it though, I am was overjoyed when OMAR and BROTHA MUZONE dealt with SB,

I think either way in the street or locked up SB was a dead man walkin!! if it wasn't the street gettin him 1st his allies already rolled on him, he would have never survived free or locked up!! :thumbsup::hatsoff:

Spleen

Banned?
Well, that's it. Just finished the 5th season... No more Wire :(:mad:

I was a little disappointed with the final, I wanted more to happen. But I guess it was far more realistic in the end.

Looking back at the whole thing though, The Wire is a fucking masterpiece. The problem is, how am I ever going to watch a television series ever again knowing that it will not be better than this?

Well, that's it. Just finished the 5th season... No more Wire :(:mad:

I was a little disappointed with the final, I wanted more to happen. But I guess it was far more realistic in the end.

Looking back at the whole thing though, The Wire is a fucking masterpiece. The problem is, how am I ever going to watch a television series ever again knowing that it will not be better than this?

I know what you mean, I cant watch anything now and enjoy it as much as I did The Wire, nothing can compare to that, pure genius. Im not even trying to find a new show that I can enjoy as much, im just wadeing through the scraps looking for something half decent.

The final episode almost brought a tear to the eye. I say almost because im so butch.

I always have the DVDs. I suppose its better to go out at the top than to carry on and become bad.

It will be missed.

Damn Spleen, you got through it quick

Marlo Manson

There is one of Marlo, the same as in your avatar! Just right click on the link, copy the full address from there, then paste it into a new address bar.

I see them now! and got them open, those are some sweet desktops thanx! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Sorry, didnt know Freeones made PB's banned list