• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Avengers

nomex

Banned
It's nothing more than just mindless,shut your brain off entertainment.

The story is so fucking slow in the first half of the movie,the 3D isn't worth it,and Captain America's outfit looks downright laughable.

The action was good,but honestly isn't anything that we haven't seen before.The humor in the movie is funny in spots,but totally unnecessary and breaks the tone of the movie for me too much.Too many jokes for the kiddies or something.Wish it would've been more serious like The Incredible Hulk was.

Overall,I thought that it was an OK movie,but I'm not rushing back to see it anytime soon.I'll catching it on Bluray or something,but imo,it's probably the most overhyped movie of all time,and just didn't live up to the hype for me.The first Ironman is better and The Incredible Hulk was better,but it was better than Thor,Ironman 2 and Captain America.

3.5 out of 5 stars.Good effects,good action,but that's about it.

The Dark Knight Rises and Prometheus will be vastly superior movies.

I felt almost exactly the same, point for point. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw these serious flaws. People tend to see the explosion and not the substance underneath.

nomex

Banned
I'm pretty surprised no one has started a thread about this (or at least I did a search and couldn't find one) but have any of you seen the film? I saw it last night and it was great. I'm not too big into the Marvel universe (I prefer the DC characters) but I really liked this flick. This movie could have been a complete disaster but thanks to the genius scripting courtesy of Joss Whedon, this movie didn't suffer that fate.

Oh and Scarlett Johansson in her Black Widow outfit was simply beautiful

Yes she was :)
http://pinterest.com/pin/69102175502693663/

So did I.

I felt almost exactly the same, point for point. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw these serious flaws. People tend to see the explosion and not the substance underneath.

She had great legs in the film.

multi quotes a wonder of a thing...

although i did enjoy the film, there were a couple things that stuck out to me as far as obvious stunt doubles or flubbed cgi clips. otherwise im fine with the movie

Excision

Having a sexy party with Tarra White, Proxy Paige
Gotta say it is a great movie. Seen it recently and really enjoyed it. :)

I did not see the movie. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. I'm a big marvel fan and the Avengers are my favorite superhero team. The Justice League is also my favorite team from DC comics. If you want to know about Thanos, he is Marvel's version of Darkseid.

I wonder what it is about some people that think movies need some deep social-political commentary about the human condition, need to be artsy, or need some shocking swerve twist in it to be good.

Sometimes explosions and people, especially loved characters, kicking each others' asses with good humor added in is great mind candy in of itself and it shouldn't be over thought.

I wonder what it is about some people that think movies need some deep social-political commentary about the human condition, need to be artsy, or need some shocking swerve twist in it to be good.

Sometimes explosions and people, especially loved characters, kicking each others' asses with good humor added in is great mind candy in of itself and it shouldn't be over thought.

Yeah,if you are a mindless puppet.

There are ways to make big budget action more intriguing than just the flash and dash on screen.

Sorry if I like most of my movies to have a strong narrative and well developed characters.

With a movie this hyped up,I was expecting a little bit more than what we got.

Yeah,if you are a mindless puppet.

There are ways to make big budget action more intriguing than just the flash and dash on screen.

Sorry if I like most of my movies to have a strong narrative and well developed characters.

With a movie this hyped up,I was expecting a little bit more than what we got.

i was expecting the worst, and maybe thats why i liked it. having to tie in all of the characters, let alone develop a reason for them to do so takes enough time. frankly if you think it sucked so bad, go make your own.

we get it, you think the movie is satisfying to only drooling automatons.

i have an old saying... when life gives you lemons, shut the f@ck up and eat your lemons.

i was expecting the worst, and maybe thats why i liked it. having to tie in all of the characters, let alone develop a reason for them to do so takes enough time. frankly if you think it sucked so bad, go make your own.

we get it, you think the movie is satisfying to only drooling automatons.

i have an old saying... when life gives you lemons, shut the f@ck up and eat your lemons.

Obviously you didn't read my first post,but I said that it was an ok movie,but I had some gripes with it that prevented it from being as good as other people think it is.I don't hate it,but do wish it was better.

Just watched it on IMAX 3D and it was AWESOME. :thumbsup: Glad I decided to go that venue instead of the regular 2D. The director, Joss Whedon, did an excellent job on the film. Looking forward to the sequel now that Thanos has been revealed as the next villain. Wondering if Adam Warlock will be implemented or even a guest appearance of the Fantastic Four. If so, will Chris Evans play a dual role as Captain America and the Human Torch. LOL :D

DR. B

Closed Account
Just watched it on IMAX 3D and it was AWESOME. :thumbsup: Glad I decided to go that venue instead of the regular 2D. The director, Joss Whedon, did an excellent job on the film. Looking forward to the sequel now that Thanos has been revealed as the next villain. Wondering if Adam Warlock will be implemented or even a guest appearance of the Fantastic Four. If so, will Chris Evans play a dual role as Captain America and the Human Torch. LOL :D

I loved the movie, but it did seemed like they got the story from the cartoon Ultimate Avengers. They just changed it up a bit.

I loved the movie, but it did seemed like they got the story from the cartoon Ultimate Avengers. They just changed it up a bit.

I'll take that over the usual butchered drivel that Hollywood usually spits out with these sort of movies. Hopefully, Ant man aka Giant man and T'Challa aka the Black Panther make an appearance in the next one.

I saw it in IMAX as well,and it gave me a headache when it was done.

I'll never watch a movie in 3D again unless it was completely shot in 3D and not just converted.

I loved the movie but I think Ant-Man should of been in the movie instead of Hawkeye.

Sorry but Ant-Man is pretty lame.I thought that they did a good job at making an uninteresting character like Hawkeye and making him important to the story.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
The last half hour was fantastic. They really went all out for that and I think it made the movie for me.

I really hope spiderman makes the sequel. Even though he's not an original member of the avengers he's still one of the big ones in terms of popularity. I can live without The Wasp or Ant man.

The movie was great. Casting Scarlett Johannsen was a great choice on Director Joss Whedon's part. Loved Johannsen in that catsuit.