• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Avengers

DR. B

Closed Account
I have a old Avenger comic where Spiderman and The Thing help The Avengers battle Thanos..... way before the Infinity Gauntlet

I saw it yesterday! I wasn't expecting all that much but I really enjoyed it. The Hulk was the best aspect in my opinion. I'm not a Hulk fan, or a comic anything fan (I like the comics and comic movies but I'm not a "fan" in the sense of the word fan), but now I am. The Hulk was hilarious in The Avengers!
The two Hulk movies sucked. The Captain America & Thor movies weren't bad, but they weren't good either. The Iron Man movies were slightly better, so I wasn't sure what to expect with this. In my opinion,

This was the greatest movie I have ever seen!

The special effect were great, the acting was good (especially Robert Downey Jr.), but what made this movie so awesome were all the funny moments. There was a lot more comedy in this that I expected and that was what made the movie great. And, I have to agree with Harley, the Hulk really stole the show with 2 scenes. When he was fighting alongside Thor and then the battle ended, what he did to Thor was hilarious, but the funniest moment was the scene with the Hulk and Loki. That was priceless!

Joss Whedon really hit a home-run with this one.

The last half hour was fantastic. They really went all out for that and I think it made the movie for me.

I really hope spiderman makes the sequel. Even though he's not an original member of the avengers he's still one of the big ones in terms of popularity. I can live without The Wasp or Ant man.

theres been over 300 members to the avengers...

i doubt spider-man will be in any avengers film, as far as i know, sony still owns his movie rights.

Was it cheesy as fuck?

Not cheesy. Just not funny. Everybody hates on Transformers, but this gets a pass because Whedon has "artistic credibility." If the exact same movie was released with Michael Bay listed as the director, everybody would hate it.

Not cheesy. Just not funny. Everybody hates on Transformers, but this gets a pass because Whedon has "artistic credibility." If the exact same movie was released with Michael Bay listed as the director, everybody would hate it.

I can't say I agree. I was ready to hate this movie, because of his reputation from the Buffy movie and series. The only good thing that came out of him doing the Buffy series, was the spin-off, Angel.

I have to say,I think that you are exactly right! I hadn't really thought of it that way,but I think it's pretty dead on.

Mind you,I didn't hate movie,but I didn't love it either.It was entertaining enough,but the overall tone of the movie is what mainly kept me from loving it.

This movie tried to wear too many hats.I just wish that they would've cut out the comedy shit.

BTW,I would give you rep if I could.

Many people certainly seemed to like this movie... It broke the box office record!

I also liked the Acura NSX Spyder concept car at the end...

Many people certainly seemed to like this movie... It broke the box office record!

I also liked the Acura NSX Spyder concept car at the end...

I'm hoping it breaks THE record. I still can't understand how that dumbass, too-long Titanic movie even made a profit, let alone break the record.

I'm hoping it breaks THE record. I still can't understand how that dumbass, too-long Titanic movie even made a profit, let alone break the record.

I agree. That movie was way too long. Somehow, they had enough fans to make one in 3D. No offense Titanic fans.

I liked it, I didn't think it wasn't too cheesy. I mean the galaga part was a massive eyeroll, and the two 'secret' endings were a bit odd.

I loved The Avengers and I saw it in 3D but one of the best bits, not withstanding the Scarlett Johansson moments but the bit towards the end with Bruce Banner.. don't want to spoil the film but those who have seen it know what I mean hopefully

Great Movie that went over the top a few times, could have had 20% less crazy action