• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

RJS13 Foodie Thread

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I can't tell you how many times I've been cock blocked by not having everything for a recipe. Living on my own, it's hard to manage things like celery and cilantro and parsley. I know this before I decide to make something but it's stupid shit that brings the cooking to a screeching halt. Out of salt. No noodles. Not enough mayo. Forgot to get pasta sauce last time at the market. I have solved the bread-bun problem though. Tortillas are always on hand because they last forever. English muffins go on sale on a regular basis and they freeze well for a later thaw.

About the heat thing. It has it's place. I guess it's a tolerance thing. When I was working in a pharmacy there was a pharmacist that brought her daughter to work. Mom made a Chex Mix thing for the 3yo to snack on. It had Indian spices tossed in and I tried it. That shit was very hot. The little girl loved it. She showed signs of how hot it was but the little darling just kept chomping it down.

Yup Bob, condiments are most used yet forgotten when runs out.

As far as spicy. My kiddos eat scorpion pepper, Carolina reaper, ghost and they think jalapenos are bell peppers. I love that they aren't picky eaters for one but can appreciate spice like I do. Even when my oldest quickly runs for her cup of milk lol

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
One of my lady friends made British style shepherd's pie. It was pretty fucking good.

One of my lady friends made British style shepherd's pie. It was pretty fucking good.
Did you marry her? I would have. I make my version I just call Hamburger Pie but it's the same fucking thing, Kinda. Same concept at least and easier.

1 1/2lbs. Ground beef browned with 1 large diced onion(seasoned) and drain
2 Cans Mixed veg. drained
1 Can corn drained
2ish Cans of Campbells Tomato Soup-You don't want it too juicy just enough to have a sauce and it must be Campbells. Don't get some off brand shit

^^^Mix all these in a bowl with S&P, Garlic Salt, A few dash Worcheshire and pour into cast iron skillet or suitable oven safe receptacle. Cover the meat/veg mixture with about 2ish inches of fresh still hot mashed potatoes spread evenly over the top. black pepper the top and bake at 400. Not sure on the exact time but when you see the tomato sauce start to bubble through the top of the golden brown mashed taters it's done. Let stand=very important, for about 15-20min before serving or your gonna burn the hell out of your mouth.

I've had the English recipe before and was amazing. Just not a fan of lamb and this is equally as good if not better. ;)

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Did you marry her? I would have.

That's a long story ;)

But yeah, I ate the leftovers for breakfast and it was so amazing. Fresh thyme and proper worcestershire suace really did the trick.

Veal can be beef too. But Shepard pie can be either lamb or beef. Heck it can be horse if desperate enough. Shepard pie is meant to be a cheap alternative and leftover use of meats for a hearty meal. Just a simple meat pie. I like the beef and kidneys personally.

True on difference between cottage and Shepard.

And garlic salt is no better or worse than any other. There's health benefits in it as there is sodium. It all depends on over use vs moderation. And the whole sodium thing is no more than a myth than that of egg whites or yolk.

Shepard's pie is made with lamb (hence the name)....cottage pie is made with beef or veal. Why use garlic salt?????? that shit is so bad for you and mincing some fresh garlic is much better in every way.
I knew once I said that in the recipe it was a guaranteed response from you LOL. Recipe bait ;)

But in response, you still gotta use salt even with fresh garlic added. Where are the health benefits just because you added fresh garlic clove to a dish that sticks to the ribs anyway? I like garlic, don't get me wrong. BUT I'm not going out of the way to buy a bulb of garlic just so it can have 1 minced clove. 6 shakes from the Ole garlic salt shaker just about does the trick. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone in seconds with GS. ;)

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Shepard's pie is made with lamb (hence the name)....cottage pie is made with beef or veal. Why use garlic salt?????? that shit is so bad for you and mincing some fresh garlic is much better in every way.

I think this thread is more "regular people food." You know it and I know it that some people can just happy with spaghetti-o's, kraft mac and cheese, and grilled cheeses. Are they missing out? Definitely. But who cares? I have a culinary background myself but have no shame in eating stupid regular people food and sometimes really enjoying it. Mr. Bourdain talked about it in his first chapter for Kitchen Confidential (which I own) that they go and stuff themselves with beer and hotdogs after work and talk a bunch of shit. That's chef food. Regular people food.

If garlic salt and (gulp) canned mushrooms bother you, strap yourself in for a bumpy ride. These guys are gonna piss all over your parade. ;)

I love bar food. It's looked down on by some, but whatever. Best chicken wings, cheeseburgers and soups I had are homemade recipe bar food.

I've had expensive cheeses, wine bottles that cost a grand and a few hundred bucks, and I know of 200 dollar shots of whiskey. In the end it doesn't matter. It is shat and pissed out like anything else. Just enjoy food. If you can make a dish and pour your love in it that is awesome.

Better than being with somebody that complains the lettuce isn't one of the five different types. Or God forbid picks and dissects the meal complaining about brands or varieties.

Just enjoy the fact somebody took the time to fix a meal no matter the cost or whatever and provided.

Shepard's pie can only be lamb. Notice the name "Shepard's pie"??? With beef or other meat it's called "Cottage Pie" ask any person from the UK or who has real knowledge of cuisine.

garlic salt is NOT the same as garlic.

Adam - I don't give a flying fuck what they eat. I expect nothing less than spaghetti-Os from most of them. And my parade can handle all they have to piss out I assure you ;)

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Natchitoches meat pies are the bomb
bomb.jpg
, an Arklatex version of an empanada, the crawfish pie is kinda like etouffee pizza.

My kids love spaghettios. Sometimes I even spruce it up with a peanut butter & jelly sandwich on the side which they love. Then I get a can of off brand fruit cocktail and put it on top of cottage cheese.

And I even put hot dogs in spaghetti sometimes for them or mixed vegetables.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
This just rolled across one of my feeds... wasn't sure if I should post here or on the other foodie thread, decided to post it here, because I think it might be more appreciated. :D

Holy shit I can't rep you Xfire! But damn great! That looks awesome!!!!! :yummie: