• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Problems, bugs, errors, etc with the new board - report here

brodkill is still a dipshit.

The post editing stuff right above the text box is all blank unless I hover over it with my cursor.

That's all I got.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
- How do you reply with multiple quotes?
- When logging into MyFreeOnes you're not automatically logged into the forum. Just a general observation to put on your to do list :)

Edit:

Oh, and when editing posts... it looks like it creates a new post instead of altering the previous one. Or maybe that was because someone else in the meantime posted something. :dunno:

- Reply with multi quote by checking the following icon MultiQuote.JPG

- I'm not having problems editing my posts...make sure you click edit and not "reply" which is right next to edit.

It's considering formatting in signature as lines.
Impossible to change signature with current settings.

:(

It doesn't count BB Code as part of the signature. But you only get 3 lines and spaces ARE included in those 3. This has always been a board rule, but now the software automatically enforces it.

LOTS of Spamming going on in Members Only section!!

Get to work Rolaid!!

:tinhat:

Working on it. ;-)

Can't seem to find the old "statistics" tab on my profile page that shows all of my posts and all of the threads I started. I hadn't subscribed to any of the threads I started, so (other than searching for them) I can't find them. Also having the same issue as Alexpnz in the fact that I can't figure out how to get to my User Control Panel, with all of my subscriptions with new posts and my latest rep given/received record.

Via 'my profile'
AllPosts.JPG

You can find your subscriptions in your settings.
SubscribedThreads.jpg

Oh, and also, was the change from displaying "Rep," to "Rep Power," intentional? "Rep Power" seems to be a far smaller number than "Rep" itself. I know there was talk awhile ago about resetting the rep system, is this an incarnation of that?

Yes, it was intentional. If we left it alone, we'd have people hitting the internal rep limit really, really quickly. You guys have the same amount of rep as before, it just takes more rep from someone else to = 1 point of rep power (what's seen on people's posts).

Where are the signature options located? I don't have one, and I don't see a link to where I can edit one either.

I tried to get there from the edit avatar page, and I was told that I am not permitted to have a signature.

:(

Settings - http://board.freeones.com/usercp.php

In the last block on the right hand side, first menu section.

Settings.jpg

Petra

The new search page is horrible. A lot of the search options are gone. Can this be fixed?

AdvancedSearch.jpg

in shitty IE, the board works.....using browsers that are actually worth a shit retard any functionality of the board

We're having problems with styling on Chrome, Safari, and other non-IE/FF browsers. We're aware and working on it.

you can find it by getting out of the forum, but within the forum the myfreeones link is to the nonexistent my.freeones.local

Raymond is working on this right now.

Can't find the Member's only section:dunno:

Scroll down to the bottom of the index.

all my complaints have been said already, except that the little symbol to see if someone is online or not is missing

OnlineIcon.jpg

advanced searching is all messed up, the search results are ancient

I think it's still indexing newer results.

Probably already been mentioned but when you go to quick reply or advance reply all the text options for underlining, bold, italic etc are invisible.

claydavis

Major Crimes? Shiiiit.
The link button does not function like it used to. I pasted a link from a site that I have pasted links from previously and part of the link comes up in blue yet the other part does not.

sweetandrough, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.If you are trying to post, your account may be awaiting for activation. Click here to request your activation code.
2.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.

I was trying to access my personal conversation with snother member via the "view conversation" button.
Log Out Home

daitro

I must possess all, or I possess nothing.
You can find your subscriptions in your settings.
SubscribedThreads.jpg

Settings - http://board.freeones.com/usercp.php

In the last block on the right hand side, first menu section.

Settings.jpg

None of that makes any sense whatsoever. However, I know its not freeones' fault. The fault is with vBulletin's non-sensical programming of this version.

My Profile should link to usercp.php
Settings should link to profile.php?do=editoptions
Username should stay as is.

whats the purpose of having my username linked to my profile, and then a specific "my profile button" in the top right. kind of redundant.

Agreed 100%. However my post was ignored. I assume this is because they can't ammend the links so they actually make sense. Blame vBulletin. This problem is existent on all boards that have unfortunately upgraded.

Edit: I just discovered the "Notifcations" link directs to usercp.php :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

vBulletin really dropped the ball here.

search function---I use to search every post I had ever made by typing in my user name and it would list everyone of them. It would alos highlight the threads that had new posts. Now all I get are 23 total posts

Petra

None of that makes any sense whatsoever. However, I know its not freeones' fault. The fault is with vBulletin's non-sensical programming of this version.

My Profile should link to usercp.php
Settings should link to profile.php?do=editoptions
Username should stay as is.

Agreed 100%. However my post was ignored. I assume this is because they can't ammend the links so they actually make sense. Blame vBulletin. This problem is existent on all boards that have unfortunately upgraded.

Edit: I just discovered the "Notifcations" link directs to usercp.php :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

vBulletin really dropped the ball here.

A lot of the links we can't do anything about because they'll continue reverting back to the default every time we upgrade the board to the newest version. That's a lot of faff.

And yea, the way vbulletin does things isn't logical at all. Hell, they put in tons of new ways of doing things and didn't even update their own bloody FAQs on their site.

Petra is not amused.

Petra

I am not able to upload new avatars. It always says: "Unable to save/upload...."

How are you trying to upload it? via the browse from your PC option or from a website?

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I just tested it, via Settings > Edit Avatar > Upload from your computer

Maybe you did not click the box 'Use Custom Avatar'?

I am not able to upload new avatars. It always says: "Unable to save/upload...."

^ It says the same for me when I tried to upload a new profile pic a couple times. I had tried uploading from my PC. No problem for me with the avatar change though. I'm currently on FireFox if that matters.

- For those that are wondering why your rep power is so much smaller, it has been adjusted down since we have 30 members that have hit the rep limit. If they keep repping people, then 30 will become 50, 50-100, 100-1000 until we have to reset the entire thing and you'll lose all your rep comments. So now it takes a lot more rep to change the rep power.

As for the rest, when I get to work this morning I'll be compiling and prioritizing a list for Raymond so we can start getting these issues fixed. Hopefully the speed issue will be fixed soon...it always takes a few days to get things worked out no matter how much I wish it would all work in one go.

Thanks for describing the situation with the rep thing.

But as it stands repping now has taken a dent in the morale to use it. I mean we've all ejoyed repping posts we like for one reason or another. It feels now like the repping thats been done up till now was a bit of a waste of time since some of it's gone. And apparently all the work in repping we do now and in the future will be wiped once again when certain people hit a certain score again. That sucks!.

But hey what do I know I am just a rule abiding masterbator at the end of the day so I'll just fuck off now and find someone to molest myself to! :D

Thanks for describing the situation with the rep thing.

But as it stands repping now has taken a dent in the morale to use it. I mean we've all ejoyed repping posts we like for one reason or another. It feels now like the repping thats been done up till now was a bit of a waste of time since some of it's gone. And apparently all the work in repping we do now and in the future will be wiped once again when certain people hit a certain score again. That sucks!.

But hey what do I know I am just a rule abiding masterbator at the end of the day so I'll just fuck off now and find someone to molest myself to! :D

Nothing's been taken away or changed. Just the multiplier used to express it. Look at your rep page. Under one category you'll see "Reputation" and under the other you'll see "Rep Power." Reputation is the total amount of reputation you actually have. Rep Power is the amount you have divided by a particular number. Previously, Rep Power was divided by 1,000. So 1,000 Reputation = 1 Rep Power. Now it's been changed to 5,000 Reputation = 1 Rep Power.

What this means in practice is that everyone has 1/5th the Rep Power they had before, BUT it also takes 5x more Reputation to raise your Rep Power. So it's a wash. 1:1. Everyone who had 1,000,000 Rep Power before now has 200,000 Rep Power, but they still change the Rep of other people by the exact same percentage. So there's nothing that's been lost or gained.

"Identify Babe" -- when someone posts an attachment, they are no longer working. In the past you could click on an attachment and see the picture of who was being identified - no longer is that possible. If they do not post a direct link - attachments do not work.