• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Problems, bugs, errors, etc with the new board - report here

The problem with the new board is that it seems to be about 15x slower for me. EVERYTHING is slower. Logging in, checking my profile, loading threads, etc. It's not my internet connection, I have 1 mb down.

In Firefox 3.6 (Skymod_ProjX1 - my own personal mod patch to look like/act like Firefox 6), everything seems to be smooth and non-bug ridden. However the new 'slimmed-down' rep system is decent - but with one downfall (IMHO) it'll take forever for users to obtain a 'high-rep prestige' level. And as the others have said; where are the "give Positive", "give Negative" rep buttons? Further dislike of the vb4 board setup is that, due to the way it was coded, it allows for 'Google bots' and 'bots' to get signed up and post. I've had to administrate a few VB4 boards and its precursors; this problem is and always has been around, I've yet to find a solution to the problem.

Last edited:

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
The spam bots seemed to have found the place, and have found it to be as comfortable to spam as I find it comfortable to jizz in dirk's shoes.

jitna

Eternally hoping to lick Briana
Login is super slow; can't find myFreeones at all.

Other than that .. melikey, no problemos so far

you can find it by getting out of the forum, but within the forum the myfreeones link is to the nonexistent my.freeones.local

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
- For those that are wondering why your rep power is so much smaller, it has been adjusted down since we have 30 members that have hit the rep limit. If they keep repping people, then 30 will become 50, 50-100, 100-1000 until we have to reset the entire thing and you'll lose all your rep comments. So now it takes a lot more rep to change the rep power.

As for the rest, when I get to work this morning I'll be compiling and prioritizing a list for Raymond so we can start getting these issues fixed. Hopefully the speed issue will be fixed soon...it always takes a few days to get things worked out no matter how much I wish it would all work in one go.

all my complaints have been said already, except that the little symbol to see if someone is online or not is missing

problems with search?
How do you use the new search format

example, you check all posts, you type in tory lane, one week and newer, and it pulls up a bunch of useless posts
The old search engine, in the old format, pulled up the request correctly

How do search with new format?

problems with search?

example, you check all posts, you type in tory lane, one week and newer, and it pulls up a bunch of useless posts

problems with search?

thats what i was inquiring about

I tried to post twice in Nikki Nova's thread and both posts appeared in blank; besides, the board is way slower than before...

daitro

I must possess all, or I possess nothing.
1)How do I view my rep page w/ my subscriptions?

Welcome to vBulletin4 - now with less features! You can go to "quick links > subscrptions", because having to click twice is more efficient than clicking once ;).

Or you can click "settings" which is the same as the old "profile" link, which links to http://board.freeones.com/usercp.php

Top right corner for profile

The "My Profile" link directs to what should be only a link for our username http://board.freeones.com/member.php.

"username" and "My Profile" on top right navigation are duplicates.

I suggest correcting the username, my profile and settings links to their corresponding links.

Username: http://board.freeones.com/member.php
My Profile: http://board.freeones.com/usercp.php
Settings: http://board.freeones.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Can't seem to find the old "statistics" tab on my profile page that shows all of my posts and all of the threads I started. I hadn't subscribed to any of the threads I started, so (other than searching for them) I can't find them. Also having the same issue as Alexpnz in the fact that I can't figure out how to get to my User Control Panel, with all of my subscriptions with new posts and my latest rep given/received record.

Click "settings" until they (hopefully) ammend the link.

The spam bots seemed to have found the place, and have found it to be as comfortable to spam as I find it comfortable to jizz in dirk's shoes.

Indeed they have. So much for vBulletin4 being more secure. :facepalm:

Might I suggest some serious size adjustment to the search bar? It's tiny.

All buttons blend in to the background so you cant actually see them, you have to hover over the area where you think they are to get a description on Chrome and Firefox, haven't tested Internet Exploder.

They're invisible on Internet Explorer as well.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
All the buttons except "font" and "size" are blank in the quick reply/advanced window. When i made a post yesterday it came out blank, and when tried to edit it, it said that there were too few characters in the post.

whats the purpose of having my username linked to my profile, and then a specific "my profile button" in the top right. kind of redundant.