• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL'13/'14 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MN has two legitimate lines now with some force behind them

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Moulson - Koivu - Coyle/Nino
Cooke - Brodziak - Nino/Coyle
Heatley* - Haula - Fontaine

With Kuemper playing lights out I think Keith Jones said it best: "that's not a team I would want to see in the playoffs."

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I remember when Kuemper started getting some playing time last year in Houston when Matt Hackett was on IR. As soon as Hackett was healthy, he almost immediately was dealt to Rochester I think it was. Kuemper is a quality netminder, very solid between the pipes. Granlund is maturing, Coyle blossoming....you guys have a quietly scary squad who could cause some trouble come playoff time without question.

Jagger69

Wow....the Blues/Avs game today was a track meet. "Frantic" is the word that comes to mind. Both teams can play a serious up-tempo style when needed and I am very impressed with some of the young players for Colorado. In the end, however, the Blues were able to prevail and get their 4th straight win, 2-1. We'll go for win #5 tomorrow against the aforementioned Wild. Elliott was originally scheduled to make the start in goal but he was injured by a wayward puck today and had to get some stitches so he may not be ready to go. Miller will be standing by if he can't go. It will be a tough challenge either way.

Jagger69

Mckinnon is going to be a superstar. Colorado is stacked with talent.

Yep. Speed to burn. Roy has them playing with a lot of intensity. I thought they would fade out by this point in the season. Evidently, they have other ideas.

Jagger69

Sweet save from point-blank range by Brian Elliott on Mikael Granlund of the Wild last night:

Call it lucky because it certainly was. But, as one of my early mentors in life taught me...."Luck is when preparation meets opportunity". Either way, I'm sure Granlund felt like he got robbed since the net was wide-open. Helluva stop no matter how you slice it.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Some fighting is needed. Don't know anything about these two, but my guess is they are "enforcers" and are only on the roster to protect others. That role is antiquated and is a dying breed. As the minor leagues continue to phase them out, there will be fewer and fewer of these fights for fighting's sake. Enforcers have to evolve. Shawn Thornton of the Bruins improved his game and his 4th line is a vital part of the Bruins' success. If he didn't improve, he would be a 3rd line winger for the Moose Jaw Bicuspids in the Frontier League.

Some fighting is needed.

See, I beg your pardon, but I disagree with this basic premise. It's not part of the game. There is enough physicality built into the game for fighting to be unnecessary. Take a penalty for an extra hard hit, get over aggressive with the forecheck, or whatever. It's just not okay to start punching someone because you're frustrated. Not okay in any other sport, not okay in any other walk of life. Play the game. Want a boxing match? Watch boxing.

I say start giving 10,000$ fines for every fight, and 10 game suspension with no pay. Watch how fast they find a way to play the game without fighting.

USA finally got Olympic Gold in hockey.

5rN7g3H.jpg

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
Yeah, Boston should have an easy road to return to the Cup finals. The West is a real toss up. The Blues, Sharks, Hawks and Ducks are all solid teams.

I hope the Blues win it. Ryan Miller, Oshie, Backes, Shattenkirk. I would still like the see the Wild get some chemistry with Moulson and all those boys - their standard 2 goals a game is just embarrassing. Having Moulson, Parise, Koivu, Granlund, Heatley, Pominville, Coyle, Niedereiter and guys like Fontaine and still struggle every night to get damn 3 goals or more.

I think this is St. Louis' year.

And I hope Detroit doesn't make the playoffs.

They won't. They have Brendan Smith playing forward. Injuries just wont stop. After the farm team beat the Leafs last night, we lose Ericsson for a month. It's a real testament to Babcock that were even a point out.

It's going to suck to see the streak end :( but we'll just have to start another one next year. A healthy Detroit team is 20 points better than they are now and all these kids getting experience plus a decent draft pick for the first time in 23 years will be refreshing.

Nyquist is going to be a superstar. Fap fap!

It'd be great to see the Blues win it all. That California trio is going to be tough though. Not to mention Chicago and Colorado. West will be a treat to watch. Some good teams are going to be going home earlier than they should.

Meanwhile in the East...some sad team will probably make it to the ECF to get whooped on by Boston.

Jagger69

No offense and I am very appreciative of the recognition and good wishes but all this gushing over the Blues is bad luck. We need to beat Chicago tonight and that should be the only focus right now.

I have seen many really good Blues teams choke it up in the past (been watching since '67!) and this one ain't no different until they prove it. As Diva states, the West is extremely tough and we have not been able to beat Anaheim, San Jose or LA on any consistent basis. As trite as it sounds, one game at a time. I have nothing but respect for the Stanley Cup champs and they will present a very serious challenge tonight. I'm sure Hitch will have us ready just as Coach Q will have the Hawks ready to give him his 700th win.

Drop the puck....

Status
Not open for further replies.