• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL'13/'14 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
A horseshit call against Zucarello led to the tying goal (you just don't make a call like that in the what might be the last game of the Stanley Cup finals when there's incidental contact) but the Kings have been all over the Rangers the entire 3rd period so maybe it really doesn't matter. Lundqvist has been unreal under pressure late in regulation. Now, we go to OT....I will tell you one thing for sure....unless or until the Rangers quit hanging back in their own half of the ice and start taking the game to the Kings like they did in the 2nd period, it's just a matter of time before the Kings put this one away. Their defensemen look tentative and are making mistakes, nobody is forechecking....just a ludicrous strategy. Vigneault needs to tell these guys to pull out all the stops and take their speed game to the Kings and hope to get a quick goal because LA is not going to change their approach and they will win this game unless the Rangers do something different. If you gotta go down, go down swinging.

Jagger69

Much better period in the OT but the Kings still had the advantage by a wide margin. Lundqvist has been INCREDIBLE....some of the best clutch goaltender I have seen in a long, long time. Kreider had a chance to win it in the last minute on the breakaway but air-mailed it when Quick went down to cover up the 5-hole. Just an unbelievable game....both teams putting it all on the line. This can't go on much longer....can it?

By the way, great to see a Blues player taking a feature role in the finals. Congratulations, T.J.! They have shown that Enterprise commercial for the entire playoffs. Might be the only time you ever see the Blue note on a regular basis in the Cup finals EVER. :facepalm:

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
What a way to finish. D-man joining the rush in 2OT to put home the rebound.

Jagger69

Yep. No doubt about that one. Congrats to the Kings for winning their second Cup in 3 years. No reason for the Rangers to hang their heads....they just ran up against a better team. Helluva game....terrific season.

Classic overtime sessions last night. Really good stuff. Good entertainment for all the fairweather and just random stopping-in-ers who just checked in because it was on NBC or because it was the two biggest cities. What they saw there in the two OTs was fantastic stuff.

Did STD start the new thread like always already? My prediction for next season is that the Wild go deeper (possibly WCF), I really do. I think we'll dump that fatass $7M cap hit Heatley and get more cohesive and more well-oiled for the post season next year. Vanek is a done deal here, but I'm not crazy about him. The local paper did a piece saying Gaborik could come back, which I thought was the dumbest thing I had heard in some time for a number of reasons. Wish Moulson looked more promising during the brief months he spent here this season but he was anything but.

A horseshit call against Zucarello led to the tying goal (you just don't make a call like that in the what might be the last game of the Stanley Cup finals when there's incidental contact) but the Kings have been all over the Rangers the entire 3rd period so maybe it really doesn't matter. Lundqvist has been unreal under pressure late in regulation. Now, we go to OT....I will tell you one thing for sure....unless or until the Rangers quit hanging back in their own half of the ice and start taking the game to the Kings like they did in the 2nd period, it's just a matter of time before the Kings put this one away. Their defensemen look tentative and are making mistakes, nobody is forechecking....just a ludicrous strategy. Vigneault needs to tell these guys to pull out all the stops and take their speed game to the Kings and hope to get a quick goal because LA is not going to change their approach and they will win this game unless the Rangers do something different. If you gotta go down, go down swinging.

As big of a Kings fan as I am - 100% agree. I also thought the Goalie Interference penalty when Quick got run over - outside the blue paint - was also very dicey at best. Didn't think that was a penalty, either. Ref calling this penalty got a bad view of it - only reason to call it

As for OT - this looked like Hagler/Hearns (For those unfamiliar with this - go to YouTube and see the greatest 8 minutes of boxing - bar none). Both teams said "Fuck It" and went for it. Each team hit a post in Each OT - just like G2. I had zero respect for the Rangers heading into this series because they won the Inferior EC. I gained tons of respect for them here because this as incredible and with a few bounces here and there the Rangers could have won the Cup last night.

Like most Kings fans..............I am exhausted. I am worn out - maybe more mentally than physically. 2012 was a breeze, up 3-0 in every series and only the SCF going more than 5 games. That was a SPRINT - this was a MARATHON. I am glad the Kings won because I'm not sure how much "gas" Doughty had in the tank - he looked "spent" and now he can get some badly needed rest as well as everyone else on the team although I doubt any of them got to bed before 5A and here we are at 11:30A Saturday morning and I'd bet that almost all of them are still sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.