• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
good news for us Bolts fans, Smitty is pretty much a sure bet to be the starter tomorrow and Krajicek is a possibility.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Poor Ryan O'byrne , I can't believe how awful he's been playing . They should send him to the AHL and use Mathieu Dandeneault as a defenseman again , he would do a much better job .

Man, that sucks for him. He's just lucky it wasn't an important game. Knowing those Montreal fans, he's going to be on their bad side for awhile...

Things like that happen, I suppose, and the Canadiens still got a point, after all.

Poor Ryan O'byrne , I can't believe how awful he's been playing . They should send him to the AHL and use Mathieu Dandeneault as a defenseman again , he would do a much better job .

Sadly, he will have to clear the waivers to be sent in the AHL. Habs won't take the chance to loose another giant defensemen (Beauchemin was lost that way few years ago). :(

I remember Paul Coffey shooting the puck into the Wings net during an important playoff game. The bad part. He was playing D for the Wings at the time.

Good game tonight Wings/Habs.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
after 2 it's 2-1 Rangers. Lightning look good though. Koci whupped Orr's ass and Stammer dropped his gloves with Zherdev

Mauser98k

Closed Account
does anyone think the caps have a chance?

they will definately make the playoffs. they will more than likely win the SouthEast Division as well. if they stay healthy and keep playing like they had been prior to that road trip they could be serious contenders.

i think the Cup Final will be Sharks Vs. Rangers though

Mauser98k

Closed Account
goddammit why does Smitty suck in the shootout now?!

it doesn't help that we can't friggin' score in the shootouts too. what the hell happened to Jokinen?

I remember Paul Coffey shooting the puck into the Wings net during an important playoff game. The bad part. He was playing D for the Wings at the time.

Good game tonight Wings/Habs.

I'll never forget Steve Smith of the Oilers trying to pass the puck down the ice and banking it in his own net off of Grant Fuhr's pad during the playoffs against the Flames in '89. One of the worst moments in hockey history (to me, anyway). Gave Calgary it's one and only Stanley Cup on a silver platter. Still, five for the Oilers to just the one for the Flames.

Montréal 3 vs Detroit 1

Wow. One of the best performance of the Habs this season. Detroit offensive big cannons took somewhat a day off - Babcock was totally pissed near the end of the game, benching some stars.

Lapierre (3rd), Higgins (5th) and Plekanec (5th) scored for the Habs.

Tanguay got crushed by Brad Stuart in the first period and didnt came back to play. Let's hope the injury isnt severe. Clear and violent check from Stuart.

I was expecting a beating tonight and... we got a big win on Wings' ice.

Final note: Ryan O'Byrne who scored in our own net last game played nearly 20 minutes and offered one of his best performance this year. Glad to see him bouncing back.

Official Scoresheet - http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20082009/GS020316.HTM

Montréal 3 vs Detroit 1

Wow. One of the best performance of the Habs this season. Detroit offensive big cannons took somewhat a day off - Babcock was totally pissed near the end of the game, benching some stars.

Tanguay got crushed by Brad Stuart in the first period and didnt came back to play. Let's hope the injury isnt severe. Clear and violent check from Stuart.

I was expecting a beating tonight and... we got a big win on Wings' ice.

Final note: Ryan O'Byrne who scored in our own net last game played nearly 20 minutes and offered one of his best performance this year. Glad to see him bouncing back.

Yeah Babcock was pissed. You don't play hard. You don't play. Its very simple. Datsyuk and a few others were almost invisible the entire game.

That was a good hit by Stuart. He and Kronwall hand out some monsters every couple games which is good since everyone thinks Detroit is soft. Did Tanguay forget it was a hockey game? He was obvisouly suprised by the hit and Stuart came from right in front of him.

O'Byrne did play a good game except for when Franzen spun him around like a corkscrew. Which was pretty funny.

Overall the Wings were outplayed by a more hungry Canadiens team.

after 2 it's 2-1 Rangers. Lightning look good though. Koci whupped Orr's ass and Stammer dropped his gloves with Zherdev

Orr broke Koci's fist with his face. Koci out for 2-4 weeks.
Imagine of Orr was able to reach Koci and hit him...

Night of news. Brian Burke is now in the Leafs org. and Belak was traded to Nashville for Tarnasky.

Current NHL leaders (by 28/11/08 )

2- Simon Gagné PHI 30
3- Alexander Ovechkin WAS 29
4- Jarome Inginla CAL 28
5- Sidney Crosby PIT 28

Goals
1- Thomas Vanek BUF 15
2- Jeff Carter PHI 15
3- Alexander Semin WAS 13
4- Simon Gagné PHI 13
5- Zach Parise NJ 13

Assists
1- Evgeni Malkin PIT 25
2- Sidney Crosby PIT 20
3- Marc Savard BOS 20
4- Ryan Getzlaf ANA 19
5- Henrik Sedin VAN 19

+/-
1- Alexander Semin WAS +17
2- Simon Gagné PHI +15
3- Willie Mitchell VAN +15
4- Alexander Ovechkin +14
5- Aaron Johnson CHI; Mike Richards PHI +13

PIM
1- Sean Avery DAL 77
2- Shane O'Brien VAN 70
3- Brandon Prust CGY 68
4- David Backes STL 68
5- Colton Orr NYR 67

Hits
1- Milan Lucic BOS 91
2- Brooks Orpik PIT 81
3- Dustin Brown LA 74
4- Alexander Ovechkin WAS 71
5- Shane Doan PHE; Ryan Callahan NYR 70

Blocked Shots
1- Zybnek Michalek PHX 68
2- Dennis Seidenberg CAR 64
3- Anton Volochekov OTT 61
4- Greg Zanon NSH 61
5- Brett Clark COL 59

Best Rookies
1- Kris Versteeg CHI 20
2- Derick Brassard CBJ 19
3- Mikhail Grabovski TOR 15
4- Jakub Voracek CBJ 11
5- Jannick Hansen VAN 11

GAA
1- Tim Thomas BOS 1.88
2- Alex Auld OTT 1.96
3- Henrik Lundqvist NYR 2.08
4- Niklas Backstrom MIN 2.16
5- Roberto Luongo VAN 2.17

Save %
1- Tim Thomas BOS .940
2- Mike Smith TB .932
3- Roberto Luongo VAN .928
4- Alex Auld OTT .928
5- Niklas Backstrom MIN; Henrik Lundqvist .927

Shutout
1- Roberto Luongo VAN 5
2- (7 goalies tied with 2)

Source: http://www.nhl.com/

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Brian Burke? Oooh...I'm dyin' again!!!! :eek:
Toskala? Where the hell was that save yesterday????

Status
Not open for further replies.