• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Im disgusted at my Habs...

A little over 10 mins left to the game and its now... 6-1 for Bruins. 6-1!

Check out on youtube tomorrow for the fight between Lucic and Komisarek - it was a real fight! I will try to find the link tomorrow and post it here.

Lucic handed Komisarek that defeat beautifully. that was the best scrap of the year.

on my side of things, the refs have gotten call happy against the Lightning now and 3 men are in the box at the start of period 3. i still say fire Barry Melrose.

I wonder if your captain will dare going over the coach head and talk to the GM... I mean, Melrose should have lost his lockeroom already right?

Mauser98k

Closed Account
I wonder if your captain will dare going over the coach head and talk to the GM... I mean, Melrose should have lost his lockeroom already right?

well, our Captain is Lecavalier, so if he came to me with a complaint i would sure as hell listen. he (as well as every other player) is not happy.

Montreal 1 - Boston 6 (final score)

Habs only goal: Koivu (assist for Tangay)

I just heard that Komisarek is injured. Nothing revelead as usual. But does it surprises someone after his furious fight against Lucic?

The players have to learn that Laraque will not take care of everything. Even with him in the lineup, we need Team Toughness ...

I can't beleive Steve Bégin was left out (healthy scratch) for a 9th game in a row... Like if Dandenault was able to help more than him against Boston. Especially when Kostopoulos is suspended...

Game official scoresheet: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20082009/ES020228.HTM

Its not funny: We are both depressed at our teams (for different reasons but depressed regardless) :(

I mean, loosing 6-3 against Toronto and now 6-1 against Boston within the same week is just... :throwup:

:anonymous = Habs fans

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Its not funny: We are both depressed at our teams (for different reasons but depressed regardless) :(

I mean, loosing 6-3 against Toronto and now 6-1 against Boston within the same week is just... :pukey:

this is ridiculous. we have a team packed with extraordinary talent but we're struggling to get back to a winning record. i hope this isn't a problem the owners think is going to go away on its own. they've traded and changed as many players as possible, now it's time to change things behind the bench.:mad:

I mean, loosing 6-3 against Toronto and now 6-1 against Boston within the same week is just... :throwup:

Now, now. You don't have to put the bag on your head yet. It's not like a losing season yet. I remember several years ago, that some fans did that during a long losing stretch.

I was at that game. The Wings had a couple shit calls go against them but they stopped skating hard in the 3rd and the Pens made them pay. Trust me I wasn't happy, but it was an entertaining game for the most part.

On a side note I've never seen a player complain as much as Sidney Crosby. In commercial breaks he was chasing down officials all night long. Beyond that he was yelling at them from the bench. I've been to over 50 games and have never seen anything like it.

Low and behold the ugly face of the WUSSIFIED NHL rears its ugly head in Detroit on Nov. 11, 2008!! I am not much for complaining or commenting on regular season games but for the love of NHL DIEHARDS, the referee's are certainly doing the best job they possibly can in keeping the REDWINGS opposition on frequent and lengthy 5 on 3's with those cheap chincy variety calls!

Both the penalties on franzen, and fillpula in the 3rd too give the penguins the 5 on 3 were absolutely ridiculously disgusting not too mention the penalty on rafalski with under a minute too play in regulation :lame:

I am no sore loser, nor do I care that the REDWINGS lost a meaningless REGULAR season game in overtime to still get 1 point, but the REFS sure are aiding all of the REDWINGS OPPONENTS SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!

The only team that I can truly say beat the REDWINGS soundly without referee interference was the SHARKS!!

Anahiem, Vancuver, and the penguins all needed the referee's help, BTW of some convienent and cheap :bs: shiesty variety penalties too keep the games competitive!! those shiesty penalties won't be called in the playoffs! :dunno:

Another game of phantom calls on both teams. I hate soft calls that go to either team.

No kidding on Melrose. Is there something against putting Artyukhin in front of the net on the second unit PP? The kid looked like he was skating his rear off early in the game. I know he's no scorer but he can screen the goalie and be next to impossible to move. Hell its not like anything else is working. Also the Tampa D looks horrid. They turned the puck over so many times my boys should have racked up 8 goals but Kolzig played well.

i'm thinking of 3 words. can you guess what they are?...

fire. barry. melrose.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I was at that game. The Wings had a couple shit calls go against them but they stopped skating hard in the 3rd and the Pens made them pay. Trust me I wasn't happy, but it was an entertaining game for the most part.

On a side note I've never seen a player complain as much as Sidney Crosby. In commercial breaks he was chasing down officials all night long. Beyond that he was yelling at them from the bench. I've been to over 50 games and have never seen anything like it.

I see your point but those calls should have never been made!! only reason they were called is because (the present day prima donna of the NHL) was WHINING and CRYING the whole damn game!! he is the biggest wuss!! he has talent but I have no respect for him!!

I think OVECHKIN is the better player of the two of them? OVECHKIN vs. crysby head to head OVECHKIN is by far the better and total package!! wicked talent, no doubt about heart, he has toughness, he even drops the gloves when he has too!! :thumbsup: something we will never see CRYSBY doing!!

Mauser98k

Closed Account
in the current All-Star Game ballot, Lecavalier is barely in the top 10 vote getters and St. Louis isn't even on the list. great job, thank you Barry.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
just thinking out loud here, but why not give Dave Andreychuck the coaching job? he knows what Tampa needs to win the Cup first hand. like i said, just a thought...

Not a bad idea Mauser98k :)

Do you remember how Carbonneau became coach in Montreal.

Gainey fired the coach and stepped behind the bench, using Carbonneau as an associated coach 'till the end of the season.

At the beginning of next season, Carbonneau was at helm for good.

Like Carbonneau, Andreychuk have limited coaching experience - do you think it could be possible to do something like worked very well for Carbonneau for Andreychuk at TB?

Current NHL leaders (by 14/11/08 )

2- Evgeni Malkin PIT 26
3- Jarome Iginla CAL 21
4- Marian Hossa DET 21
5- Sidney Crosby PIT 21

Goals
1- Alexander Semin WAS 13
2- Thomas Vanek BUF 12
3- Zach Parise NJ 11
4- Jerome Iginla CAL 10
5- Simon Gagné PHI 10

Assists
1- Evgeni Malkin PIT 20
2- Sidney Crosby PIT 15
3- J.P. Dumont NSH 15
4- Alexander Semin WAS 14
5- Joe Thornton SJ 14

+/-
1- Alexander Semin WAS +17
2- Alexander Ovechkin WAS +12
3- Aaron Johnson CHI +11
4- Mike Green WAS +10
5- Andrew Ference BOS +9

PIM
1- Sean Avery DAL 62
2- Brandon Prust CGY 61
3- Derek Dorsett CBJ 56
4- Ian Laperrière COL 50
5- Brendan Morrow DAL 47

Hits
1- Brooks Orpik PIT 60
2- Milan Lucic BOS 59
3- Dustin Brown LA 56
4- Stéphane Robidas DAL 54
5- Mike Komisarek MTL 53

Blocked Shots
1- Mike Komisarek MTL 50
2- Zybnek Michalek PHX 49
3- Greg Zanon NSH 47
4- Dennis Seidenberg CAR 45
5- Brett Clark COL; Anton Volochekov OTT 44

Best Rookies
1- Derick Brassard CBJ 15
2- Mikhail Grabovski TOR 12
3- Kris Versteeg CHI 12
4- Jakub Voracek CBJ 11
5- Patrik Berglund STL 10

GAA
1- Brian Boucher SJ 1.49
2- Tim Thomas BOS 1.76
3- Craig Anderson FLA 1.85
4- Erik Ersberg LA 1.94
5- Henrik Lundqvist NYR 1.99

Save %
1- Tim Thomas BOS .946
2- Craig Anderson FLA .946
3- Brian Boucher SJ .940
4- Niklas Backstrom MIN .935
5- Brent Johnson WAS .931

Shutout
1- Roberto Luongo VAN 5
2- Niklas Backstrom MIN; Ryan Miller BUF; Jean-Sébastien Giguère ANA; Martin Brodeur NJ; Tim Thomas BOS; Brian Boucher SJ 2

Source: http://www.nhl.com/

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Not a bad idea Mauser98k :)

Do you remember how Carbonneau became coach in Montreal.

Gainey fired the coach and stepped behind the bench, using Carbonneau as an associated coach 'till the end of the season.

At the beginning of next season, Carbonneau was at helm for good.

Like Carbonneau, Andreychuk have limited coaching experience - do you think it could be possible to do something like worked very well for Carbonneau for Andreychuk at TB?
i actually didn't know that story. that does sound like a plausible scenario for Dave. we do still have him around as sort of an ambassidor to the team, so he's familiar with the owners and the team i'm sure.

NEWSFLASH:

Barry Melrose if fired! About time! Rick Tocchet will assure the interim while TB will look for a new coach.

Brian Burke (Anaheim GM) was fired yesterday - old news already. Now, lets see how long it will take to see him landing in Toronto GM role.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
NEWSFLASH:

Barry Melrose if fired! About time! Rick Tocchet will assure the interim while TB will look for a new coach.

Brian Burke (Anaheim GM) was fired yesterday - old news already. Now, lets see how long it will take to see him landing in Toronto GM role.

:eek: holy hell it's about time!:nanner:

Status
Not open for further replies.