• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
That's what I thought when I first saw it this morning. It's going to look really fucked up in Edmonton's downtown, but... I dont' know. I like that they're doing something different and the fact it's $450 million, encompasses the surrounding streets and is covered in glass, I think if they actually build that it's going to be better than any arena in North America; Xcel Center, Amway Center, you name it.

We have the Mall of America; They have West Edmonton. We have the X, they have....Rexall. lol. They are going to try to one-up us. lol

PS: The X is lobbying for $50 in upgrades, so it might get even more fancier.

Go Caps. Sorry, Luke and Spoken.

Anybody's team still in? Tk is. Kings fan, right?

Nashville/Washington final me thinks.

Hopefully Ottawa and Florida can close it out.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Out of all the teams that have advanced so far the only one that has won the Cup is Philadelphia, and that was 40 years ago.

Out of the teams still playing to advance, New Jersey won the cup a decade ago and New York won twenty years ago, while Florida and Ottawa have never won it, either.

We could very well be seeing a brand new team hoisting the Cup at the end of all this. These playoffs are probably the best I've ever seen so far!

Anybody have a favourite play of the year? TSN is doing a bracket style tournament to declare the winner.

Patrick Kane's shootout goal is one of the best plays I've ever seen. Hands down the best, IMO.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Bub bye Bawston!! You had a good run... hell I didn't even like Boston that much before the playoffs last year, but, I have grown / learned to sort of like them because of there antic's and TT is a Michigan man!! and I must say I am a Lucic fan, and you can add Thornton and Chara too that list.. but I also like Washington, I didn't really care who won that series, the only series I still care about now is seeing the Sens beat the Rangers, and the Panthers hopefully ousting jersey, not cuz I like Florida, more so just to get jersey out of there.

I think if I am a betting man, I am gonna put my $$$$$ on Nashville, St. Louis or I :dunno: who I'd pick to make it to the finals from the east, probably Philly, I think there defense and goal-tending will tighten up next series, I think they were just playing run & gun like the penguins were, and just couldn't stop it.. but I think if they (the Flyers) play a team like Washington or Ottawa if they indeed get past the Rangers, there (Phillies) defense will play better. I couldn't stand it if the Rangers or Devils won the cup... Yes I hate certain teams, tolerate other teams, like a couple, but I would never wipe it in anybodies face sort of speak, well, thats all I have too say for now. :2 cents:

Anybody have a favourite play of the year? TSN is doing a bracket style tournament to declare the winner.

Patrick Kane's shootout goal is one of the best plays I've ever seen. Hands down the best, IMO.

The one where he damn near stopped in action on us? Or one of the all star ones?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Well Boston lost, there are many things to take into consideration to this series. A) they need to up their power play which is not exisitant B) Thomas had a good run, but it's time for Rask to take the lead in net. C) Lucic is a decent player but he's no all star he was atrocious in the playoffs in my opinion I think he had an assist, and assisted pretty much on the first Capitals goal last night. He needs to be an authoritve presecence on offesne.
With that said I do like the fact that several of my Western Conference teams are in the semi's. It's a toss up between Los Angeles or Nashville making it to the finals.

Well Boston lost, there are many things to take into consideration to this series. A) they need to up their power play which is not exisitant B) Thomas had a good run, but it's time for Rask to take the lead in net. C) Lucic is a decent player but he's no all star he was atrocious in the playoffs in my opinion I think he had an assist, and assisted pretty much on the first Capitals goal last night. He needs to be an authoritve presecence on offesne.
With that said I do like the fact that several of my Western Conference teams are in the semi's. It's a toss up between Los Angeles or Nashville making it to the finals.

I agree with everything except your assessment of Lucic. He may not have had a great series, but Holtby was the difference-maker in this one. Last season, when the Bruins won it all, Lucic was an instrumental factor in that Cup run. He's EXACTLY the type of player a team NEEDS in the playoffs; he's big, strong, physical, and tough, but he can also put the puck in the net and make things happen of offence. He's capable of doing anything you need him to do and he can fill any role you need him to fill.

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Red Wings. Penguins. Blackhawks. Bruins.

The last four Stanley Cup champions. All made the playoffs. All BOUNCED in the first round.

I couldn't find it this morning ... has this ever happened post-expansion? :dunno:

This may have been discussed somewhere else already, but has anyone checked all of the racism coming out of Boston (surprise, surprise :facepalm:) on Twitter and such, in regards to Joel Ward scoring the deciding goal last night?

Check here... and here.

Just to summarize, its a bunch of "N bomb" this, and "N bomb" that. That "N bomb" should go play bball and so on. Stay classy Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.