• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
The Bruins need to get the puck in the net, they are turning Holtby into a highlight reel.

Anyone watching this Rangers-Ottawa game? Dubinsky just got fucked by the refs!! Boyle was jumped and was taking blows to the head on the ice, and the refs weren't breaking it up so Dubinsky jumped in to stop him and got a game misconduct for third man in. WHAT A LOAD!!! Personally, I didn't care about this series; but after this classless act by Carkner (who should be suspended for the series) I am now cheering against the Senators.

How about the Hagelin hit on Alfredsson? That was dirty. Boyle could've just fought back, I'm just saying. Root for whomever you choose, but both teams have been dirty and despicable so far. Carkner will not be suspended. I totally agree, by the way, that Dubinsky got screwed over by the refs. It's not a third-man in situation because Boyle wasn't fighting and Dubinsky was coming over to protect his teammate. That was a terrible call.

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
Being a Flyers fan must be really hard on the heart. Two times in a row they've fallen in a hole, only to come back. Jeebus.

It ain't easy but the Flyers have been doing it all season. When I saw them live in Calgary a couple of months ago they fell behind 3-0 and 4-3 only to come back and win 5-4 in a shootout. I just hope the Flyers keep their intensity going. This series is far from over.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
And I eat my fuckin words... Mothafucka!!!! what kind of shit is going on??? Playoff hockey can be very aggravating, now we gotta do the do, and win on Tuesday for sure or were DONE!!! to be honest I don't even care if they lose on Tuesday, I am so close to being done with this years team. If they happen to win Tuesday, does it just delay there elimination or do they end up winning the series??? :dunno: We'll just have too wait and see if the real Red Wings who don't lose @ home especially during the playoffs play or this other team wearing a Red Wings sweater. :cussing::horse:. :brick::cussing:

Which series are ya'll finding the most entertaining so far??

Man, all of 'em have been great ('cept for maybe Vancouver/LA unless you're a Kings fan). The Blues/Sharks series turned real ugly last night as St. Louis just beat them up all night. Should be interesting as the series moves to SJ. Wings/Preds has been awesome too....Rinne is stout in goal. Hope the Wings go down in fucking flames. Need to see if the Pens can get a game back against Philly (I fucking HATE the Flyers too). Nothing like the SC Playoffs!!!

Holy crap was that Flyers/Penguins tilt a hockey game or a collection of battle scene out-takes from "Braveheart"? :1orglaugh 69 SOGs, 133 penalty minutes and 12 goals scored. I think they said that the Pens only had 9 skaters left at the end of the game. Everyone else either got tossed or was in the box:surprise: damn it was like a cross between the WWE and roller derby out there today. :ak47:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Two thoughts:

1. If the Flyers sweep the Pens (or even win this series) they definitely have to be considered the favourites to win the Cup. Pittsburgh was the popular prediction and the Flyers are making them look like chumps at every turn despite weak goaltending from Bryz.

2. I think this game is a good example of why a lot of players don't like Crosby and the Penguins. When frustrated they resort to cheap shots and bush-league play. Granted that's every team, but for someone who is called the biggest superstar in hockey it's not something that should happen. Because Pittsburgh couldn't control their emotions they're likely going into a must-win game with at least one suspension. Great planning there.

Which series are ya'll finding the most entertaining so far??

As entertaining as the Pens and Flyers are, Boston and Washington have had two amazing games so far. Holtby is playing incredibly (I doubt he can keep it up, though) and I get an odd sense of pride from that since he's a product of the Saskatoon Blades.

Yeah as much as I hate 'em I gotta admit that Philly has a helluva team but I'm not sure that this series is a good barometer to measure how good they are. This series has featured lousy defense and goaltending by both teams and that is going to spell trouble against other more disciplined teams for the Flyers. They got Pittsburgh totally off their game by making this a goon-squad street fight instead of a hockey game. And Crosby was right at the center of the distraction. His leadership skills are totally lacking and the Pens are fucked up and Bylsma should be fired for losing control of the team IMO. They are done in game 4, this series is over.

I picked Philly. Just sayin.

Here's something to ponder. Schneider is starting for the 'Nucks tonight. If he wins, you have to keep starting him. Assuming he saves their season and gets the 'Couve to the next round or beyond, what do they do with their goaltending situation? Fans will revolt if they trade him and keep the guy who shit the bed. They can't afford both, and Luongo is basically untradable with his albatross contract.

Hmmm.

Here's something to ponder. Schneider is starting for the 'Nucks tonight. If he wins, you have to keep starting him. Assuming he saves their season and gets the 'Couve to the next round or beyond, what do they do with their goaltending situation? Fans will revolt if they trade him and keep the guy who shit the bed. They can't afford both, and Luongo is basically untradable with his albatross contract.

Hmmm.

Fans in Vancouver will revolt regardless.

Just sayin'.

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
Sheriff Shanahan's cracking down now after blowing the Weber cheap shot on Zetterberg.:facepalm: Carl Hagelin's gone for 3 games and Matt Carkner gets 1 game. I'm expecting the Pens Asham and O'Neil to receive Shanahan time-outs as well.

Hmmm.

Absolutely true. They are in a pickle. And what's gonna end up happening is that Luongo will remain their starter next year (regardless of what happens in the playoffs) and Schneider will end up as a starter somewhere else and be a superstar goaltender (who is also vastly superior to Luongo) and Luongo will have to play 60+ games (probably close to 70) because he will probably have an inferior backup who the Canucks will not be able to turn to, which will only make him worse than he already is because he'll be overplayed. I'm not saying Luongo is a bad goaltender, but he's not a top ten NHL goaltender; he's a middle-of-the-pack talent in terms of starting goaltenders in the NHL. And he fails in big games and on the big stage (do not try to say that this isn't true because he won a gold medal at the Olympics because Team Canada won that game and that tournament despite poor goaltending (from Luongo and Brodeur)), so losing Schneider will really hurt the Canucks. I don't know what they can do though; Schneider's probably gonna get an offer sheet (because he's an RFA) that the Canucks will not be able to match (because of the issues you already mentioned).

How about the Hagelin hit on Alfredsson? That was dirty. Boyle could've just fought back, I'm just saying. Root for whomever you choose, but both teams have been dirty and despicable so far. Carkner will not be suspended. I totally agree, by the way, that Dubinsky got screwed over by the refs. It's not a third-man in situation because Boyle wasn't fighting and Dubinsky was coming over to protect his teammate. That was a terrible call.

I eat my words...

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
And yet ANOTHER nailbiter of a game. Man these playoffs are intense! Can't believe Florida's last home playoff win was in 1997...

Status
Not open for further replies.