• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I didn't say that!

You said they got him for three dollars and seventy-five cents. Why did you have to try and be funny about this? What if Thunderbolt read that and thought that was actually what they were paying him? He would have a goddamn heart attack!

Show some consideration to other members of the board for once, whydontcha?

I don't know how many of you were having a laugh, but for those of you who actually did believe that Stamkos was signed to four years/$3.75 million, that's not the case. It's actually not even possible, really. He was signed to five years/$37.5 million. $7.5 million per season. Reasonable. Slightly more than I would have offered him, especially considering that there were no offer sheets rolling in for the guy and Stevie Y pretty much had him by the balls.

And Osgood should definitely be a Hall-of-Famer. Top ten all-time in wins, really good numbers, and three Stanley Cups, not to mention some epic performances in the playoffs.

You said they got him for three dollars and seventy-five cents. Why did you have to try and be funny about this? What if Thunderbolt read that and thought that was actually what they were paying him? He would have a goddamn heart attack!

Show some consideration to other members of the board for once, whydontcha?

I always follow reliable sources for my Lightning news.

PlasmaTwa2

You're not the one who said they signed Stamkos to a 3.75 million $ contract are you ? :D

Hey, that was a typo. I can't help it if Scott believed me; I had to go along with it or he would have felt like a fool. :dunno:

Check the link for the newly unveiled Winnipeg Jets logo:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog...t=ApEvOJLkgV_9U.E0_OB1PtVShgM6?urn=nhl-wp9594

One of the worst logos of all-time, in my opinion. They should've just stuck with the retro logo; hopefully they'll still use it as a third jersey and the fans will run this terrible new logo out of town.

Gotta be honest, I like it(s). :dunno: Maybe it's because anything a dog shit on is better than a Wild sweater.

The color scheme on the sweater is going to be critical to whether they look like K-Mart-R-Us or not.

I see from the comments there though I'm in the minority on this one.

PlasmaTwa2

Check the link for the newly unveiled Winnipeg Jets logo:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog...t=ApEvOJLkgV_9U.E0_OB1PtVShgM6?urn=nhl-wp9594

One of the worst logos of all-time, in my opinion. They should've just stuck with the retro logo; hopefully they'll still use it as a third jersey and the fans will run this terrible new logo out of town.

I'm still on the fence about it. I really like how they pay tribute to the Air Force with it; that's something that you don't see a lot of in professional sports logos. I think the colours - namely the shades on the jet and the maple leaf - make the thing appear too busy and too 90s (FACT: The best logos in the league are solid coloured). I also hate the colour scheme. Red, blue, white - I don't care if it is the colours of the old Jets, those colours are already used by too many teams in the league; off the top of my head there is Colorado, Florida, Columbus, Montreal, New York, and Washington. And it is just a personal opinion, but I wish they put the Avro Arrow on the roundel rather than the CF-18.

I also have to disagree with you on the old logo, at least if we are talking about the 90s one. The 80s logo is one I wish they would have returned to. The 90s one is a piece of garbage and probably one of the worst in league history. Why the hell did they put a condom on their logo? :facepalm:

PlasmaTwa2

The referendum for a new arena for the Islanders failed. Between that and the fact that because they didn't make any moves the Barclays Center can't be used for an NHL rink it looks like the only option for the Islanders now is to see what they can do over in Queens with the Mets. If I was Charles Wang I would take the team and leave Nassau County to rot. Absolutely NO way this team should leave Long Island and anyone who says they should move to Hamilton or Quebec should go fuck themselves. Talk of relocating the Islanders out of Long Island should be as taboo to fans as moving the Oilers out of Edmonton.

The referendum for a new arena for the Islanders failed. Between that and the fact that because they didn't make any moves the Barclays Center can't be used for an NHL rink it looks like the only option for the Islanders now is to see what they can do over in Queens with the Mets. If I was Charles Wang I would take the team and leave Nassau County to rot. Absolutely NO way this team should leave Long Island and anyone who says they should move to Hamilton or Quebec should go fuck themselves. Talk of relocating the Islanders out of Long Island should be as taboo to fans as moving the Oilers out of Edmonton.

I would love to have an NHL team in quebec , but I think the islanders should stay in long island.

Mike Dean Bossy - one of the most prolific scorers in history. :clap:

Mike Dean Bossy - one of the most prolific scorers in history. :clap:

No kidding. Highest career goals-per-game average in league history. 60-goal seasons were the norm for him. His career was cut short by injuries, otherwise he might hold even more goal-scoring records.

But what's to be done about the low, low, lowest attendance?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
The Islanders just need to rebuild not their arena but the team itself. Ever since they signed DiPietro for that ridiculous contract they have been going down hill. Also go back to the fisherman jersey, sacrifice a goat, anything man.

Status
Not open for further replies.